Falling for You Was Out of My Control

All Of Our Cards Have Been Dealt

Jessie’s POV
“I need to tell you something,” I moved back so I could look at him but he didn’t let me out of his reach.

I figured it was time I told him. I needed him to know because I couldn’t deal with hiding it from him much longer. I wanted to finally move on and I felt that Evgeni was what I needed for that to happen.

“Just over a year ago…” I bit my lip nervously and ran my fingers through my hair trying to look anywhere but at him.
“My boyfriend and I…” my jaw chattered and I gasped trying to stop myself from crying, “we were in a car accident,” I shut my eyes feeling relieved a little.
“Oh,” I didn’t know what I expected him to say but I was kind of glad he didn’t.
“There was a drunken guy driving the other car,” I shook my head trying to reject that night.

I lifted my top up and confusion covered his face as I pointed to the raised pink skin on my left side. “I broke 2 ribs and punctured my lung,” he traced the scar with his finger making me shiver, “my pelvis was broken,” I rolled the waist band down on my sweats to reveal another scar on my right side. He put his hand gently on my hip and ran his thumb back and forth across the scar.
“I know you have seen these scars,” I rolled up my pants on my banged up leg, “my leg was pinned, I was trapped.” I let the tears flow it all being too much for me.

“I had never been so scared in my life and then I saw him next to me, he was covered in blood and I thought he was dead,” I felt Evgeni’s grip tighten around me and tucked my head under his chin, “he woke up and couldn’t remember a thing. While he was getting better he didn’t remember me so I tried to help him and he got angry, told me to leave so I did. I haven’t seen him since, he somewhere out there,” I cried.
“Shhh its ok,” he kissed the top of my head.

“No Evgeni its not,” I pulled back to look at him.
“You remind me so much of him,” I stroked his cheek to which he lent into my touch, “and I am afraid that I will spend the rest of my life comparing any guy I meet to him.”
He grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes, “Do you compare me?”
I didn’t want to answer but I had to, “Yes… but you always win, that’s why it’s so hard for me.”

“What’s problem?” his eyes studied mine as if they would tell him everything I felt.
“I feel guilty and well if he comes back I don’t know what I will do, I can’t say. I want to be with you but I don’t know how I will act if I see him and I don’t want to take you along for a ride just to dump you.”
“But why you feel guilty?”
“Because I am happier with you… you gave me the strength to live without him. You make everyday worth getting up because I know you are going to be there with your hat pulled down over your eyes and your award winning smile,” I could see him going red and that smile dawning on his face.
“But if he comes back I can’t promise that I wont just up and leave you,” he had to know that, because there was no way I knew it wouldn’t get messy.

“I just don’t want to forget Liam,” I looked down at my hands.
“Don’t.”
“He wasn’t just my boyfriend, he was my best friend and for that I will always love him.”
“Jessie,” he put his hand on my shoulder and my gaze slowly drifted up to his, “I not ask to forget him just I want be with you.”
“You want to be with me?”
“Yes.”

Evgeni’s POV
I didn’t know what thoughts were rushing through her head but I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

I lent forward letting my breath blow over her shoulder so she knew my intentions as I moved slowly trying not to frighten her.
“Evgeni,” her eyes opened and I could see how much she wanted it.

I let my eyes fall from her eyes to her lips so she knew for sure that was what I was going to do before I pushed the hair from her face and lent in a pressing our lips together.

Everything around of me kind of just shut off and all I cared about was her and this moment.

I pulled away and she sat in front me with a smile on her face, “What?” I found myself smiling back at her.
“Nothing, come here,” she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me down to her locking our lips back together.

I couldn’t help but groan as she pulled me down on top of her kissing me back with intent making our tongues connect and the passion draw out with no chance of turning back now.

I began kissing her neck but she didn’t make sound until I found the spot just below where her jaw met her ear. My head shot up and smiled as her face went bright red, weak spot found.

I sucked in a breath as her hands slipped under my shirt and pulled over my head in one swift move before tossing it on the floor.

I pushed her top up and kissed the skin as it was exposed, her stomach tensing up as my lips brushed over her skin. I pulled her up to me and slipped her top off keeping her to my chest so I could get to work on her bra too. She smiled devilishly as I licked my lips looking over her body before she pulled me back down to her.

Jessie’s POV
My whole body trembled as his hands glided over my skin.
“Evgeni,” I couldn’t hold it in any longer as his mouth found my breasts.

He sighed as my fingers scraped over his scalp. I loved how his hair felt between my fingers, it was so soft which was completely unexpected. I decided he already had enough up on me so I tugged lightly on the hair at the nape of his neck.
“Jessie,” he growled with a wicked smile.

His hands glided down the waist band of my pants but his big hands were stopped when he found the draw string was tied. He continued to fumbled and puffed the hair from his forehead as he got frustrated with my clothing.
“Let me,” I pushed his hands away.

He continued to softly nip at my neck making it hard for me to concentrate on the near knot he put them in before he gingerly helped me get my legs out of my pants.

His eyes shot open wide to comic proportions as my hands snuck to his belt and tugged at on the buckle to get the leather through the loop.

We were mid kiss and well on the way to something more when we were interrupted by a knock at the door.
“Jessie open the door, I need to talk to you about Evgeni,” Anna’s voice seeped through the door.

“Oh my god, can you get that?” I wriggled from underneath him with a lot of swearing from the pain that only just registered in my leg.
“You ok?” he stopped me from tripping as I tried to find my top.
“Yes, yes I am fine, just get the door,” I hobbled towards my bedroom as he grumbled something to himself.
“What I say?” he looked helpless.
“Just let her in,” I slammed my door shut to get changed.

I hurried up getting changed and opened my door to see Anna’s shocked face as her eyes shot between me and Evgeni’s standing half naked in front of her with the belt undone and hanging on his jeans that sat on his hips revealing the band of his Calvin Klein underwear.
“Did I interrupt something?” she looked speechless as her face flushed red realising what she had walked in on, “guys I am sorry, really I am.”
“It’s ok,” I joined them fully clothed and completely embarrassed under both of their gazes.

“I take shower?” Evgeni pushed himself off the counter and walked towards me.
“Yeah one second An,” I motioned for Evgeni to follow me.

I felt Evgeni’s eyes on me as I reached up into the linen cupboard to grab him a towel when his arms wrapped around me and kissed my neck. I wanted so badly to let him but I couldn’t not while Anna was here.

“I am sorry, I feel so stupid for interrupting I should have called,” Anna followed me.
“It’s fine. I am kind of glad you did otherwise I may have been waking up in a heap of regret.”
“Too soon?”
“Just a little, little scared.”
“It will be ok, you guys will be fine,” she put her hand on my shoulder.
“Thanks.”

Evgeni’s POV
I got out of the shower to find Anna gone and Jessie sound asleep. I climbed into the bed next to her and she instantly gravitated into my arms.

I looked at her as she was so peaceful. I couldn’t believe what she had been through. I didn’t know if I would have been able to handle that. She was strong, it was obvious and the way she acted was how she protected herself, I could see that now. I know it seemed selfish but I just hoped that Liam wouldn’t come back, but you know life is never that easy and if I had to fight for her I would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok guys I am sorry for the minor disturbance in the story line but please stick with me on this I promise to produce a good flowing story from here on