You Saved Me

Safe Haven

I never looked up. I didn't even care that I had no idea where we were going. I had my knees pulled up against my chest and I just sobbed. Breath after having breath, I slowly calmed down. I looked up, wiping the tears off of my face and realized we were sitting outside of Bret's house. "Why are we here?"

"I figured that you needed a break from everything. Plus, if I dropped you off at your house with you crying like you were, I'm pretty sure your parents would've just pestered you. You seemed like you could use a break." Bret explained.

I nodded my head meekly. "Thank you," I whispered.

"No problem." He pulled the key out of the ignition and stepped outside of the car, slamming the door behind him. He started walking up to his house, not even glancing back at me to see what I was doing. I was pretty intrigued. This guy who went through all of the trouble to save me didn't even care if I stayed in his car. I didn't really want to sit in there all alone, so I got out and I followed him up the steps to his house. He held the door open for me. "Figured you would follow."

"And what if I didn't?" I asked.

He just shrugged his shoulders. "Then I would have to go save you again."

I laughed softly. "What's up with you and saving girls?"

"Not girls plural. Girl. You. And I don't know. You seem alone. You seem to be begging for me to save you."

"And what if I had never met you?"

"Then I would've found you eventually." He walked into his kitchen and I followed. He pulled a few bags out of his cupboard and took a pan off of its hook above the stove. He crushed up the contents of the bag and put water in the pan. He dumped the noodles into the pot and turned the stove on. "Hungry?" he asked.

"A little," I admitted. He dumped a second bag into the pan and started stirring. "What are you making?" I asked as I slid up next to him.

"Ramen. It's my favorite snack," he explained.

"Never had it."

"You'll love it. Everyone does."

"If you say so," I said, not entirely convinced. Then it hit me that I was with this guy that I just met a week ago, standing in his kitchen with no one else here, and he was making me ramen noodles. And for some reason, I trusted him completely. I had absolutely no reason to, he'd probably abuse me like all the others. At least that's what I kept trying to convince myself. But it didn't work. I trusted him not to hurt me. I trusted a complete stranger. And I had no idea why. I felt completely safe here. He made me feel safe. I never felt safe before, but for some reason, this stranger made me feel completely secure. What the hell was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my favorite chapter but I had to add it to let you know how she felt.