Status: Completed

First Day on a Brand New Planet

Chapter 11

11.

If there is one thing I can not tolerate, it’s having to wait on someone. It is all I have been doing this entire day so far. It took me all night to pack for this sudden trip. I didn’t get hardly any sleep whatsoever. I waited all morning on Jared to pick me up to go to the airport and after about a hour and a half Jamie finally called me and told me Jared had taken a Red Eye flight, so I had been waiting for no reason. Why couldn’t he of called or text me? I thought to myself. I had to call a driver, because Allie had already left for work and then I had to wait on him to pick me up. My flight was delayed so I had to wait on it. Patience is definitely a virtue, and I do not acquire that virtue at all. I text Jared before I boarded the plane to tell him to pick me up at the airport, but he never did. I sat in the Miami International Airport for 2 hours just for Jamie to call me once again to let me know that he called someone to pick me up. I wanted to scream, but I refrained from doing so. Jared was not answering my calls or texts, I don’t know what his problem was, but I’m about to lose all the calmness I have left in me. Thankfully, the receptionist at my hotel was quick and wanted me out of her sight just as much as I wanted to be gone as well. I noticed my small room was right across from a suite, with a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door handle. I knew it was his room, but I was so tired, all I wanted was to be alone. I turned on the TV and laid on the comfortable bed, and fell asleep, fast.

I woke up to Jared pushing down on the bed with his hands, rocking me back and forth to wake me. I wanted to slap him so hard. “Wake up! We’re going to be late!” he yelled into my ear. How dare him say hurry up! He could go screw himself, I didn’t have to be here to “assist” him and I was going back to LA as soon as I can get a flight.

“STOP.MOVING.THIS.BED!” I yelled at him. I must’ve been so loud my room phone rang soon after, the front desk instructed me to lower my voice, I was disturbing the guests next door. Honestly, if they had to put up with what I had to, they’d be yelling too.

He gave me an evil stare at my harshness towards him until I hung the phone up then he started laughing to himself. He was dressed in black from head to toe. He had on a nice suit with a classic white dress shirt underneath, with a few undone buttons, his hair was tied at the nape of his neck, and as mad as I was at him, there was no denying how amazing he looked.

“What is so funny?” I asked the giggling man. He shook his head and didn’t speak a word.

“No, please tell me Jared. What is so funny to you? Is it he fact that you decided to fly here without telling me, or not returning any of my calls or texts, OR….” my voice started to get loud again, so I quietened down a little. “…or, coming in here waking me up like this.”

The humor left his face. He was back to being frozen. I was used to him being bi-polar, so it shouldn’t shock me but it still does sometimes.

“I’m sorry Taylor. Let’s talk about it later, okay? I have to go to this event and I need you to go with me.” he said.

“Here.” he said with a small smile on his face. He held out a dress bag. I pulled the plastic over it to see a beautiful dress. It was black, just like his suit. It was a short, ruched, one shoulder dress, with lace cut outs. Too sexy in my opinion, but I loved it nonetheless.

“Jared…. this is…. beautiful.” I said looking the dress over. “I know.” he said, being as smug as ever. But he was right, it was something else.

“Okay, give me an hour, and I’ll be ready.” I said. He looked at me with a confused look on his face.

“What?” I asked.

“An hour. We need to go now. I should’ve already been there.” he demanded.

“Well, you can wait, or you can go ahead, it seems like you don’t have a problem doing that now do you.” I said sarcastically. If looks could kill, I’d be a dead girl, but luckily they don’t.

“Hurry up. I’ll wait.” he said sitting on the bed, pulling his phone from the inside pocket of his jacket.

I smiled to myself and quickly jumped into the shower. I let the warm water wash away all of the traveling I’ve done today away. It felt amazing against my skin. I wanted to stay in there longer but I had to hurry. Stepping out of the steaming shower, I wrapped my hair in a towel and I pulled out my makeup bag.

It only took me a few moments to do my hair and makeup, I’m pretty simple when it comes to that stuff. I yelled at Jared on the other side of the door to hand me my dress and he does quickly, but not before demanding I step it up a notch. I threw on my dress and ran my fingers through my hair and ran out of the bathroom to find some shoes. Good thing I packed some black heels just in case, because Jared surely didn’t think of that aspect of the outfit. I grabbed my purse and room key and headed towards the door, with Jared frozen with his mouth open.

“Come on. What are you doing just standing there? You said you’re going to be late.” I said. Bringing him back to reality he wisped by me and we were off to this “event”

As we rode in the blacked out SUV he briefed me on what we were going to be attending. Some organization he was apart of was having a dinner to honor it’s founder and Jared had to be there to present this person with the award. I had no idea what I as doing, Emma was a pro at this stuff, she basically took care of Jared. I could not possibly even compare to what she does.

“Jared, I’m nervous. What should I do?” I asked, looking into his blue eyes.

He smiled at me, placing his hand on my bare knee, and rubbed it gently. “Just stay beside me, no agenda tonight, just have fun.” he said. I breathed out a sigh of relief at his words. I was relaxed until I seen the huge amount of people and photographers waiting on our arrival.

“Just hold my hand. Don’t let go and smile.” he instructed me. I looked at him and I felt safe. I nodded my head in agreement and he opened the door. I was blinded by the camera lights, but I did as he said. It wasn’t as bad as I’d thought, there were hardly any photographers after we made our way through the crowd of them at the car. We quickly found our table and sat down amongst two older couples.

The event passed by rather quickly. We had a fancy dinner, the kind that cost an arm and a leg and probably has a total of two bites of food on the plate. I was starving. They kept the wine flowing though. I only had one glass, I wanted more to relax me, but I was Jared’s guest and I didn’t want me downing several glasses of wine to reflect back on him. People were constantly coming up to Jared asking for a picture, autograph, or just to talk to him. Some people asked about Emma, and that’s when he would introduce me, other than that, I was ignored. I didn’t mind though. Jared had to leave when the presentation began, to sit on stage with the other presenters. I noticed that he kept stealing a few glances at me, and we’d both smile at one another. After he gave the man his award, he came back to the table.

“Wanna get outta here?” he whispered in my ear. He didn’t have to ask me twice, I was ready to eat. I nodded in agreement and he took me by the hand and we left the fancy event. As soon as we stepped outside, I felt like I could breathe again. It was just too stuffy in there, I didn’t know if it was because of all of the egos or what.

“Where do you want to go?” Jared asked as we climbed into the backseat of the SUV. “It doesn’t matter. I’m just hungry.” I said. “Me too. Let’s eat.” he said. We rode in silence, with his hand placed on my knee, the entire way back to the hotel and up the elevator to our floor.

I started to unlock my room door when I heard Jared clear his throat. “No, we’re eating. Come with me.” he said.

He grabbed my hand and led me across the hall to his suite. When I walked through the doorway, the smell of food hit me. It smelled delicious. A cart stood in the center of the living area with two covered plates and a pitcher of iced water.

“Here. Come sit down. Let’s eat. The amount of food they served at the party tonight was absurd.” he said as he took off his suit jacket and rolling up the sleeves of his white dress shirt. He sat down on the sofa and patted the seat next to him for me to sit down.

Dinner was delicious. It was a grilled chicken salad and it was very appetizing. We hardly said one word to one another because we were so busy eating. After we finished eating, Jared rolled the cart outside into the hall.

“Well what do you want to do? We have the entire night free.” he said closing the double doors behind him.

“I’m probably going to go back to my room and just go to sleep. I’ve had a long, long day.” I said. I stood up and made my way over towards the door when I heard him start to say something. I turned around to see what he was going to say, but he didn’t, he just stood there. Part of me wanted him to say what he was going to, but he always made me so confused. I wanted to be mad at him for the stunts he pulled earlier, but I couldn’t. So I turned on my heels, and walked out of the door.

I fell onto my bed, as my thoughts consumed me. Should I go back over there? What was he going to say? He obviously wanted to be together, didn’t he? I pulled myself up from the bed, grabbed my room key, and opened the door to find him standing in my doorway.

“Jared? What are you doing?” I asked.

He looked up at me and the words he spoke made my heart seem like it fell deep into the pit of my stomach. “Taylor….. Why are you like this?”

Here we go again. “Like wha….” I started to say before he barged into my room, grabbing the back of my head, claiming my lips, hard and forceful. He didn’t know his own strength, or maybe he did, right now I could care less. This is exactly where I wanted to be.