Status: posting on mibba and fanfiction

Heron Blue

Insomnia

I was standing as if I was a ghost just standing there and watching in horror. I watched the car speed by with the spinosaurus close behind. I screamed and tried to get the spinosaurus's attention,
"PLEASE STOP! I'm over here! Come and get me leave them alone!" I screamed and screamed but it was to late the creature picked up the car and through it towards the anomaly sending it flying through to the other side. I started to run towards the anomaly where the car went through as the spinosaurus turned and headed the same way as I was going but being much bigger and faster it beat me inside the anomaly and just as I made it to the other side the anomaly closed. I heard a scream from inside the car as the spinosaurus growled at the car. I ran to the car to help the people out but it was to late the only one that was alive was the girl she looked to be no older than 16.

"Hold on I'm going to get you out just hold on a little longer I need to get this animal away," I told the girl as she nodded and shivered in fear. I picked up a stick next too the car and ran head on at the spinosaurus,

"Get away from her you big ugly monster!" I started to hit the creatures legs to try and get it to chase me and it worked. I dropped the stick and started to run away from it as it chased after me I just kept running and running until I got to the edge of a cliff and slowed down to a stop right along the edge. I stared at the abyss of trees and rocks at the bottom as I turned around the see the spinosaurus running at full speed not preparing to stop at all. It was as it everything became slow motion as I watched the creature run right into me and take us both off the cliff and as I started to fall I saw the girl safely on top of the cliff and I smiled knowing I had saved myself again.

I shot out of bed with a start, "Man I fucking hate those free fall dreams, they make my stomach want to throw up." I stood up and looked at the clock, it read 3 am. "Great another night with only two hours of sleep." I rubbed my eyes and headed to the bathroom filled the tub, took off my clothes, turned on my music, and stepped into the water. It is always the most relaxing thing to sit in a tub of hot water and just let all of your troubles fade away.

As I got dressed in my clothes for today which consisted of of my normal leather jacket over a black jumper with a dark blue t-shirt and dark blue leggings. Lastly I put on my riding boots grabbed my helmet and keys just to step outside and see it pouring down outside, "Well this is perfect I guess I can see if Conner and Abby our at the ARC yet.

"Hello?" I said as Abby picked up the phone. "Hey girl what's up?"

"Well it is storming outside and I wanted to know if you and Conner can come and pick me up?" I asked fiddling with my keys. "Oh no Conner and I are already at the ARC. I can come and get you if you want?"

"No that is fine. I looked through Becker's file yesterday and he actually lives not to close by. I wonder what he would say if I randomly stopped by at 6:30 a.m." I laughed. "I think he would be like do me now madame Edith," Abby laughed as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah he totally will. Well I'll see you at work bye bye." "Hope you survive." Abby sang as I hung up the phone.

I pulled out my umbrella and Started to walk in the direction of Becker's house but I didn't get very far after getting confused on wether his apartment was either left or right. "Why does this always have to happen to me?" I questioned to no one in particular. "Maybe if you weren't so sarcastic bad things wouldn't happen to you." I heard a voice say as I swung to come face to chest with none other than Becker himself. He was soaked and I couldn't help but let my mind wonder to thoughts of the nice chiseled torso underneath his normal black shirt. "Um.. hello Becker, what are you doing here hehe." I said nervously with a laugh. "Well considering you are the one standing out from on my apartment I should be asking you that question but all aside Abby called me and said you would probably get lost trying to find my apartment that you "magically" got." he said using his fingers around magically.

"Well um it's raining and I can't ride my bike in the rain and um Abby is at the ARC already and I got your information from your file last week and well here I am" I laughed nervously as I covered him with the umbrella. "So you read my file, what did you find out?" He asked as we started walking to his truck.

"Your name is Hilary Becker, you are 27 years old, you were born in Romsey, Hampshire, England and I got your address along with your phone number." I said as he unlocked his truck and opened the door for me. "Well since you've read my file that means I get to read yours."

"Nope, no one but Lester can read my file I have made sure of that," I sighed looking out the window.

"I think that is a little unfair. You can just snoop around and read my file but even if I secretly try and take a peak at yours it won't be there."

"Well it is more complicated than that but basically my file is as top secret as the ARC is."

"Will I ever be able to know about you?" He asked me in dare I say a sad voice. Did the great captain Becker want to know who I was. "Well ask some questions maybe I will answer if I don't want to answer I'll say pass." "Ok so pretty much 20 questions," he stated turning onto another road.

"Alright how old are you?" He asked glancing at me.

"I am 23 years old."

"Ok 23. What is your birthday?"

"February 18th."

"Nice. How old were you when Lester hired you?"

"I was 21. He pulled me out of my soldier duty."

"I gathered you were a soldier from your lieutenant status. How old were you when you joined the army.?"

"I was 18 when I joined."

"Why did you join the army?" Ah and there are the questions that I'm not going to answer."

"Pass." I stated tightening my jaw.

"Ok. How about your family, what are they up too.? Any brothers or sisters?"

"And again pass." I said I stared out into space thinking back to my nightmare.

"I do know one thing you have insomnia and suffer from nightmares," he said as we turned into the ARC parking garage." "How do you know that," I said as my head snapped to look at him. "I can tell, it is all over your expressions when you get into work. You would have the same tired and almost scared expressions as you have today."

"Just mind your business Becker, and keep your nose out of my life," I said as I poked his chest. "So let me get this correct you can snoop around everyone else's file but no one can see yours that is bullshit," he said angrily as we walked into the ARC and through the security guards. "FINE, you wanna know my past ask fucking Lester and tell him I said you can look at it if he doesn't believe me he can call me just leave me alone when you are done reading it," I said storming off to find Abby. Becker stood there stunned for a bit and finally snapped out of hit when Conner tapped him on the shoulder. "You ok mate?"

Conner asked him. "Yeah I'll be fine anyone needs me I'll be practicing my shot," and with that Becker went to the armory.

"Abby I could kill that man right now," I told her as I rested my head in my hands. "Don't kill him we need him and you truly don't want him dead."

"Yes I do I want his corps torn apart by future creature then I want the creatures to be burned.'

"That is a little harsh Edi just give him time he doesn't like not being able to read someones file he wants to know our strengths and weaknesses to help out on the job."

"Yeah well he doesn't need to know mine. You don't even know mine," I sighed and headed for the door but I was stopped by Abby's hand on my shoulder, "Maybe he needs to know your past, maybe he needs to know about the nightmares every night. Just think about it maybe in the end he can help you." Abby smiled and went back to her work.

"Maybe," I thought as I headed to my office to lie down. As I was laying down there was a slight knock on my wall, turning over to see Becker I immediately turned back. "Look, I'm sorry about earlier ok. I didn't mean to offend you. I'm just really curious is all, and I wanted to make it up to you by asking if you wanted to go to dinner with me?" Becker said as he leaned on my desk.

"Hmmm I don't know if I want, but since you offered I guess I'll go." I smiled and sat up.

"You guess. Well I guess I'll just have to deal with that then," he smiled that amazing smile of his. "Yeah I guess you will," I giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please review!! Hope you like it!!