Status: posting on mibba and fanfiction

Heron Blue

Pain

It had been very quiet lately with everyone working on the project for Cutter and no anomalies I’ve had time to just relax and talk to people. Currently we were walking with Cutter explaining all the details we have found that link together anomalies, “I’ve been trying to trace the origins of the um achilid.” Sarah said a little out of breath.

“Also know as the Chinese unicorn,” Conner said handing Cutter some papers.

“Exactly now the earliest reference I could find was in the fifth century book Socailar, so I made a rough calculation and put it into the matrix,” Sarah said with a smile of succession.

We walked into Cutters lab where the matrix was, “I love this thing!” Conner said with a big grin.

“It still amazes me every time I see it,” I said as I looked at it. Conner lifted his hands up to start messing with it when I slapped his hand away.

“Conner if you touch that you could be changing the entire destiny of the universe,” Cutter said strictly staring at him.

“I’m not gonna touch it I’m just gonna,”

“Good man,” Cutter smiled.

“Woah, Please tell me this all means something,” Jenny said walking into the room.

“Yeah it is the pattern of every rainbow in the world,” I said sarcastically as Cutter gave me a look and I just shrugged my shoulders.

“This is a 3D model representing all known anomalies throughout history,” Conner said looking at Jenny as she walked around the model in amazement.

“All cultures have their own mythical beasts like um the loch ness monster,” Sarah told her.

“My guess is that where there’s a myth we will find an anomaly. Now all we have to do is date these myths accurately,” Cutter explained.

“Like a road map of time,” I said turning to Jenny.

“Then we can start to predict where ... and when ... new anomalies might start to open,” Cutter said as he was placing another rod in the model.

“Call me stupid but uh couldn’t we have done all this one a computer?” Jenny asked.

“This way is more tangible,” Cutter said messing with the model.

“It makes him feel more like god. You know with the creation thing,” Conner said as Jenny mouthed the word right.

“You know Conner you might be right, but unless I’m very much mistaken we’ve made our very first prediction,” Cutter said putting a clap on a certain spot in the model. We all came closer to look at the spot and then we looked up at Cutter.

We had all went back to working in our own areas Jenny, Becker, Conner, Abby, and I on the main floor while Cutter and Sarah were working on the anomaly model.

“Becker come over here for a sec,” I said waving Becker over to my work station.
“Yeah what do you need?” He asked with a smile.

“When are you gonna take up that dinner you promised me?” I asked him not looking up from my computer.

“What Becker you asked Edi out man I never get the girl,” Conner sighed as Abby through a pen at him. “Maybe no girl wants an annoying twit like you,” Abby laughed as Conner stuck his tongue out at her.

“How about after we get off of work today if it is to late for dinner then I’ll take you out for an early breakfast,” Becker smiled. “OK but you are driving and you can just bring me to work tomorrow.” I smiled looking up at him. “Sounds like a plan,” He said walking over to the anomaly detector as Abby and Conner started awing. “Oh shut up you two,” Becker said laughing lightly.

“Hey Abby, do you think the anomaly thing is driving Cutter a little bit crazy,” I asked her looking up from my computer.

“No not really he is just become more of himself if that makes any sense,” she said looking at me.

“Yeah I guess it does he just worries me sometimes. I don’t think he sleeps much either.” I stated with a frown.

“He worries us all Edi but Cutter can take care of himself,” Conner piped in as Cutter and Sarah walked through the door.

“All right listen up, we’ve analyzed the most recent anomalies and put them into the model, the prediction is specific and local, but there is a problem it could happen tomorrow it could happen many years from now. I want you to go and check it out and take Sid, and Nancy with you,” Cutter said as Conner and Abby looked at each then back at him.

“Um I’ll go to,” Sarah said looking at Cutter.

“No, we need you here, Edi you go with them.”

“I should handle this-,” Becker started but Jenny cut him off, “no, no Cutter is right we’ll go.”

“Anything happens you call me,” Cutter finished as he turned and walked out of the room, “Sarah!” He called. “Help I’ve been taken hostage by one of those obsessive scientists,” Sarah said as she started to walk out of the room. “Welcome to our world!” Conner laughed as he grabbed his coat.

I had walked down to the armory grabbing my helmet, jacket, and my tranq gun, on my way out I was stopped by Becker, “Be careful out there ok, I know he said it might not open for a while but please be careful I don’t want you to get hurt,” Becker said looking at me sternly. “I’ll do my best,” I smiled as I walked out the door, “oh, and Becker don’t forget about dinner tonight!” I yelled back at him. “I’ll remember it is you whole better not forget!” he called back as I laughed and walked to the garage.

We had arrived in the area that Cutter told us to go and started to walk till Conners anomaly detector made a beep, “This is the place,” he said as we all stopped and looked at the house. “So, this is where Cutter predicts the anomaly will open,” Conner stated looking at us.

“Well, guys lets go check this place out,” I said turning to Conner. “Then what we just sit twiddling our thumbs until an anomaly appears?” Conner asked looking at me and the house. “Yeah something like that,” I answered and started walking over the bridge that lead to the house. “Hold me back I don’t think I can contain the excitement,” Conner said sarcastically.

“Hey Conner sarcasm is my thing let it stay that way,” I laughed as he pouted and followed after us.

When we got on to the porch Conner hit the wind chimes and tried to open the door. “I think it is locked Conner,” I said looking at all the windows on the house, Conner nodded then walked around the house.

“Seems quiet enough,” Abby said as Jenny and I nodded in agreement. Jenny then walked up to the locked door and started to ring the door bell. As she bent down to look through a clean spot on the window in the door the door swung up causing Jenny to jump only to see that it was Conner. “Conner,” she said angrily.

“Window was open nobody in,” he said shaking his head as Jenny pointed inside. Conner moved out of the way to let us all step inside just for us to see that everything was dirty and covered with blankets.

“What happened here?” Jenny asked as she looked around

“This place must be worth million,” Abby said looking up the stares.

“Then why is it just left here to rot with no one to own it?” I asked as I pulled a blanket off a lamp.

“The smell maybe, It stinks in here,” Conner answered.

“It could be the sewers or maybe some damp,” Jenny said felling some blankets.

“More like they’ve been keeping animals,” Abby said looking at a pile of chairs.

“What kind of animals? Skunks,” Conner he said tossing Abby the anomaly detector as she, Jenny, and I went upstairs.

“Maybe the owners are abroad,” I said reaching the top of the stairs.

“Well, we will keep watch for a while but we can’t stay here indefinitely just to satisfy Cutter’s latest whim,” Jenny said as we walked around.

“What you think he is wrong?” Abby asked her. “I think he is crazy, but not necessarily wrong,” She answered back as we split up into different rooms.

“Seems like he is getting beneath your skin,” Abby taunted as I chuckled a little bit. “Or he is getting underneath your bed sheets,” I taunted along with Abby. “Abby, Edi have you ever been attracted to somebody, you don’t even like?” she asked us. “I fall for the wrong men all the time,” Abby answered back. “I don’t really go out on dates much I’m not a people person,” I answered back.

“What about Becker?” Abby asked and I could her the smile in her voice. “Becker is different I like Becker, I’d never fully tell him that though,” I told her as I pulled a sheet off a chair.

“One thing I do know if your interested don’t bother waiting for the man to make the first move cause you could die of old age before anything happens,” Abby told Jenny as we walked to the room she was in.

“You gonna take you own advice?” Jenny questioned her. “Hmm thinking about it,” She said nodding her head and smiling then leaving the room.

I started to look around some more when I found a stripe of crime scene tape and picked it up examining it then placing it back down looking around suspiciously. I then turned leaving the room and headed back down stairs. I looked through some more of the rooms until I found Abby in a big open room with a mirror above the fireplace and light colors on the wall. Abby was spinning around looking at the room in amazement.
“I take it you like this room,” I smiled looking at her.
“Of course! Don’t you see how beautiful it is.”
“Yeah it is quiet pretty.”

Then we heard a noise come from the fire place causing us to stop look at each other then slowly walk over towards it Abby throwing her bag to the side as I stuck my head underneath and looked up into the chimney. I started to look even closer as I heard something speaking then I screamed and told Abby to hind we were gonna scare Conner.

“Abby? Edi?” Conner said looking around the room. “Abby?Edi?” he said again as Abby jumped out on top of Conner’s back scaring the life out of him. Abby and I were laughing our heads off as Conner looked like he pissed himself.

“That was childish,” he told us still breathing heavily.

“Are you scared?” Abby and I asked at the same time.

“No,” he replied quickly, “a little bit,” he finished panting slightly then laughing along with us.

“I thought you were in trouble,” Conner said awkwardly to Abby.
“Yeah and you came to rescue me, thank you,” Abby told him as she kissed him on the cheek and walking away leaving him in a daze.

“Do you know I like this place, it’s fun,” Abby said turning around to face Conner smiling then leaving the room.

I laughed at the still shocked Conner and turned to leave the room after her.

“Well, that was eventful,” Jenny said as we were leaving the house.

“Its a nice place isn’t it? You care to explain what you are doing here?” A strange man asked showing us his badge.

“Just visiting,” Jenny replied.

“Well, the way I see it is your either burglars or trespassers.” He told us getting off the pole and facing us.

“Do we look like-” Jenny started but I cut her off. “Your Danny Quinn aren’t you?” I asked as everyone looked at me in shock.

“How do you know my name?” He asked me suspiciously.

“I don’t know really I’ve just seen your face and head your name in my um oh never mind forget what I’ve said continue on.” I said giving a hand gesture to continue.

“Well, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the laughing boy on a wanted poster yeah,” He said looking at Conner. “Wait is he talking about me?” Conner asked Abby.

“Oi officer-” Jenny started but was cut off.

“Detective constable Quinn. And you are?” he asked.

“Were property developers,” Jenny said. “Your lying. I should arrest you all but to be quiet frank I can’t be bothered you people aren’t worth the paper work now go,” he said as Jenny gave him a mean look and lead us out.

“What do you mean you people?” Conner asked turning to face Detective Quinn.”

“Murder tourists you make me sick now get out and if I see you around here again your feet won’t touch the ground you understand,” He said angrily as Abby told Conner to come on. We started to walk away again but Conner stopped and turned back to him, “Do you what can I can I just say that I think the police do a fantastic job and you know the occasional laps into cliche is completely understandable in the circumstances,” Conner said looking at Quinn’s stone cold face.

“Conner,” Abby said pulling him away from the house and Quinn.

“There is something strange going on in there, Edi stay here if anything out of the ordinary happens call us,” Jenny said turning and leaving.

“Where are you going?” I asked her. “To get some answers. Conner, Abby you’re coming with me!” She yelled back as they looked at me and started to follow her.

I sat on the porch swing and messing with the handheld anomaly detector when I heard the sound of thunder and I jumped off the swing and walked into the yard to where I heard a dog barking. Once I got to the edge I noticed a girl in a red coat staring at me while she had her dog on a leash.

I walked back towards the house, I looked into the window and notice the curtain move and I quickly ran inside. When I got inside I shut the door and started calling out to see who, “Hello! Is anybody in here? If you are a murderer don’t kill me I’m not that cool, and if you’re a rapist I’m not very pretty.” I started to walk up the stairs, “Hello?” I said then continued up the stairs with no answer.

I reached the room where the curtains moved and I called out again, “Hello? I’m serious you know you better come out or ill kick your ass! This is no place for you to be playing I-” I stopped short when I heard a growling from behind me.

I turned to look behind a mattress where even more noise was coming from and I walked behind it into to a hidden room. I opened the curtains and looked outside as I was looking outside there was a noise of movement behind me so I quickly turned to look for what was moving.

It moved again and I quickly ran out of the room and to the stairs where I heard even more growling. I turned from the stairs to see a creature fall from the sheet over a door onto the ground in front of me with it’s teeth and claws I screamed and jumped causing me to fall down the stairs rolling over myself and bashing my head hard into the ground knocking me out.

Conner, Abby, and Jenny walked back into the house and ran to my knocked out body on the stairs, “Edi! Wake up Edi,” Conner said leaning over me touching my head. I woke up and looked at Conner then at the topped of the stairs, “I must’ve fallen,” I said looking at Abby and Jenny. “Come on lets get you up,” Abby said as her and Conner helped me up. “Slowly, Slowly,” Jenny said as they pulled me up and helped me sit down on the stairs.

“Edi what happened?” Jenny asked

“Well, I was upstairs and I thought I saw someone in the bedroom and I can’t remember after that,” I said looking up at her.

“We should get her to a doctor,” Abby said looking at Conner who nodded.

“OK you stay here but wait outside,” Jenny told conner as Abby helped me up.

Jenny, Abby, and I pulled back up to the house when Jenny got a phone call, “Hello Conner, oh for heavens sake, I’m coming,” she hung up the phone and looked at us, “Conner’s in jail.”

“All right I’ll stay here and watch the house you and Abby go and bail him out,” I told her as I looked at the house.

“Are you sure you are ok alone Edi?” Abby asked.

“Yeah I’m totally fine go on and get him before he calls again.” I told them with a smile.

“We’ll be back as soon as we can,” Jenny said as her and Abby hopped into the car.

I was sitting inside the truck listening to music, it had become dark by now and they still hadn’t come back yet. I heard the sound of a bike and watched the girl ride past on her bike. I quickly got out of the truck and started to follow her. As I started to follow her I noticed the creature running after her, “Hey! Hey behind you!” I called out to her trying to get her attention as I ran faster. I found her bike knocked over and the tire spinning. The creature was on the other side of the bike by a tree chowing down on some food. I looked up into the tree to see the little girl feeding the creature and as I stepped closer I broke a twig and it ran away.

“Don’t be scared it won’t hurt us. I look after it, I feed it so it doesn’t feed off the other pets. Everyone here pretends it’s not real but it is. I have to stop it from being bad it’s my job,” the little girl told me as I walked her and her bike home.

“Don’t worry Emily, you can leave that to us know. OK?” I told her as she nodded her head yes. I stood up and continued walking her home.

“It lives in that house you know. Please don’t go in there,” Emily told me.

“Don’t worry I won’t,” I told her as we kept walking.

It was now day time and I dialed up Jenny’s number to tell her what I had found out about the creature, “Jenny the creature can camouflage its self that’s why we didn’t see it,” I told her as I walked up to the house.

“Right, I’ll call Becker for back up. Oh, and Edi don’t go in there,”She told me and then I hung up.

As I got to the house I saw a kid open the gate and walk through it. “Hey! DON'T GO INSIDE THE HOUSE!!” I yelled but it was to late he was inside and shutting the door.
I quickly ran to the truck grabbing my traq pistol and running back to the house and calling Jenny.

“Jenny sorry to burst your bubble but I’m going in get here as soon as you can,” I told her hanging up the phone and looking up at the house then charging into it.

I busted the door open with my foot holding my gun up ready to shoot, I looked around the house and saw nothing in the area I was standing. I brought my gun back up and took a deep breath trying to calm my quickened heart beat but it didn’t help much. Walking slowly up the stairs I heard a noise from the room with the fireplace and slowly walked down the stairs into the room looking around I started to walk toward some things covered up when out the corner of my eye I saw something run past me.

I quickly turned to face the boy from earlier, “Don’t shoot!” he said holding his hands up in defense.

“Who are you?” I asked lowering my gun slightly.

“Ryan mason . . . I had to come back here I had to know the truth,” He said taking deep breaths as I looked at him sternly.

“Yeah well you’re an idiot do you realize we can both be killed or I could have shot you, now come on,” I said grabbing his hand and leading him to the door.

As I lead him to the door I looked around watching for the creature it suddenly jumped from the top of the stairs knocking me down to the ground as it growled and clawed at my face.

“Run Ryan get out of here know!!” I yelled at him as my gun was knocked out of my hands andI pushed the creature off of me.

He ran for the door but the creature was jumping every where and closed the door knocking boards in front of it.

“Back up!” I told him as we moved away from the door. The creature started trowing lamps and things at us as I deflected one it broke sending glass shards into my had and cheek.

“Look your gun!” Ryan said picking it up and throwing it at me as a deflected another lamp.

It threw a chair nearly knocking Ryan over as the creature started to scurry away. I pulled my gun up following it’s movements around the room It shut another of the doors and moved to the stairs where I shot a dart and missed. The creature moved as if it was mocking me because I was to slow to see it and catch it.

“Oh, that is it you little bitch!” I screamed as I shot another dart at it missing again.

Ryan and I slowly moved up the stair but we were cut off by the creature as it jumped onto the railing in front of us then it jumped onto me clawing at my chest and neck as I fell down the stairs losing my gun in the process.

As I hit the bottom of the stairs Conner, Jenny, and Abby bursted into the house, “Edi!” Abby and Conner yelled as the creature jumped off of me and disappeared into the house.

“Are you all right?” Jenny asked me as they helped me off the ground.

“Yah I’m fine just a couple of scratches really,” I dusted myself off and cringed as my head started to hurt and my vision blurred.

“Are you sure you don’t look so good,” Abby said looking at me in concern.

“I’ll be fine.”

“Is it upstairs?” Conner asked as he started to go up the stairs. “Yeah,” I replied holding my head.

“You stay here,” Abby told Ryan as we followed Conner up the stairs.

We were cautiously checking all the rooms when we heard a noise coming from the bathroom. Abby nodded her head towards the bathroom giving Conner a sign something was in there. Conner slipped into the bathroom holding the gun up and aimed at the bathtub. Abby slid open the curtain and a man stood up, “HELP HELP HELP HE-,” he scream but was cut off by Conner covering his mouth which made me chuckle and made my head worse.

I grabbed my head in pain and fell to floor dizzy. “Are you ok?” Abby asked leaning down to hold me up. “No, I think I’ma lay here and rest a bit,” I told her before passing out in her arms. Abby looked up at Jenny as Jenny nodded giving her a signal to let me lay there.

“Trust me we can get you out of here, but you’ve got to stay calm and don’t make any noise,” Jenny told the guy after Conner shushed him. The man nodded looking at everyone. “OK, I’ma take my hand away now,” Conner told him as the man nodded again.

As soon as Conner’s hand was off the man's face the man screamed and started running out of the house and knocking Conner over into the tub. Jenny and Abby helped Conner out as they heard a gruesome scream coming from the man they ran out of the bathroom to see the man at the bottom of the stairs and the creature clawing at his back. The creature growled at them and ran off into another room leaving the man lying there dead.

Ryan stepped out of the shadows and looked at the man's body as Detective Quinn stepped through the door, “What did you do with the others Ryan?” he asked Ryan as he glared.

“It was a creature.”

“What did you do to my brother?” Quinn asked pulling out a gun pointing it at Ryan.

“You’ve got it all wrong,” Jenny said walking down the stairs.

“You stay out of this!” Quinn yelled at her pointing his gun at here for a split second before returning it to Ryan.

“This is out of your jurisdiction Quinn. You’re dealing with things you don’t understand,” Jenny continued walking closer to him.

“I understand that this little creep killed my little brother,” he said walking closer to Ryan.

“Just wai-” Conner started but was cut of, “Shut up!” Quinn yelled then pointed his gun the roof and shot a bullet at the ceiling.

Quinn got even closer to him and thrusting his gun at him. “NO!” Jenny yelled.

“Just what in the bloody hell is going on out here!” I yelled as I limped down the stairs groggily holding my head.

Everyone looked up at me as Quinn lowered his gun, “He was my little brother,” he said sadly lowering his gun all the way when out of the corner of my eye I saw the creature climbing down the rail next to me headed straight for detective Quinn.

“Look out!” I yelled but it was to late as he looked up at the monster the monster jumped and landed on him knocking him the ground. The monster growled and clawed at Quinn the ran off as Conner and Jenny tried to aim at it.

“Uhhh Stay still,” Conner yelled at it following it with his gun.

The creature started to camouflage as the anomaly detecter started to go off, “It’s an anomaly but where?” Jenny asked as an anomaly appeared in the room next to us.

We walked into the room to see the creature looking at the anomaly in amazement reaching its finger out to touch it. Conner slipped in and aimed his gun at it, “I’ve got a clear shot,” he said looking at the creature.

“Wait,” I said walking into the room.

“What?”

“It’s been waiting years for the anomaly to reappear it just wants to go home,” I told him as the monster looked at us and growled running into the anomaly.

“It looks like Cutter called it right the anomaly came back,” Abby said smugly.

“Is it gone?” Ryan asked staring at the anomaly.

Then all of a sudden the creature popped back out of the anomaly nocking Jenny over as detective Quinn came into the room and started shooting at it knocking the creature back into it’s time.

We all stopped looking at Danny in shock, “Anti stab vest it’s standard police issue,” he told us tapping his gun on the silver vest.

“I needed one of those about twenty minutes ago,” I laughed as I doubled over in pain again pressing my hand against my bleeding chest.

“I suppose an explanation is out of the question,” Danny asked taking his magazine out and putting I back in the gun.

“Totally,” Jenny replied.

“Yeah, I thought so,” Danny replied breathing heavily.

“Hey, guys Edi needs to get to the hospital now she doesn’t look so good!” Abby yelled as she held my head in her lap.

“OK, Becker and his men will be here soon so I’ll have Becker bring her,” Jenny told Abby.

“What about her bike?” Conner asked as he held up my keys.

“Abby you can drive her to the hospital and Becker can follow in the bike there all the problems are solved,” she said walking out the room.

The men arrived and started boarding up the house as Becker ran over to Abby and I, “Hey action man took you long enough,ughn,” I laughed and the cringed in pain.

“Sorry action girl if I would have known you were hurt I would have been here sooner. Now don’t talk you have cuts on your chest, throat, arms, and neck. It also looks like you busted your head open,” he told me as he picked me up bridal style.

“Jenny said for me to bring her to the hospital in the truck and for you to follow on the bike,” Abby told Becker as she jingled my keys in front of him.

“OK I’ll go put her in the truck and follow behind you guys there just hurry up so we can go,” Becker said as he left the house with me in his arms.

We arrived at the hospital and Becker pulled me out of the truck and ran into the hospital as I started convulsing and going into shock from all the blood loss.

“Please someone help now!! She is going to die someone help her!!!” Becker yelled as the doctors and nurses ran over with a gurney. They helped Becker place me on the gurney as they started to wheel me into the emergency room with Becker still holding my hand.

“Sir you have to let go you can’t go past this point,” the doctor told him as a tear escaped his eye he let my hand slip out of his.

Becker’s chest was tightening he felt like he couldn’t breath, he was angry at himself and angry at the creature, he was sad and terrified. Becker had never felt such strong emotions inside himself all at once, he let all of his anger out in one strong punch as he slammed his fist into the wall cracking it slightly but cutting up his knuckles more than anything.

Becker trudged to the waiting room and sat down next to Abby placing his face in his hands and his elbows on his knees.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will posting these on fan fiction then moving them to Mibba that is why the first 4 got up so fast please review hope you like it!