Guardian Angel

Muse

Oh baby.You’re driving me crazy
You make me feel lazy

The way you make me feel
Can’t be explained through song.
Through words
But what I feel,
Is so real


This is why I haven’t been writing lately. Its not that I can’t write, just the words aren’t coming to me. It feels like something is missing, and I can’t tell that to Nick or Kevin, they wouldn’t understand, because I don’t even understand. I pushed back the chair I was sitting in, and put my fingers through my hair groaning. I was still in my pajama bottoms and white tank top.

“Joe, I’m going to be leaving for a few minutes,” Mom called up the stairs; “Don’t forget the family friend is coming to stay with us for a few weeks.”

“Yeah, I remembered.” I called back down to her. I walked out of my room and went to the stairs, “Where is Kevin and Nick?” I asked her.

“Signing CDs, then the talk show. Well I’m out of here, do you want anything while I’m out?”

“Nope, thanks mom.” I said. I was lying. What I wanted was for my prose to come back, the power of writing. What I wanted was…a muse. I put my head down on the desk, turning to look at the garbage can full of paper, “Useless.” I muttered, sighing. I let my eye close again; maybe some sleep would help me come up with some words.

The doorbell rang, and I opened my eyes with annoyance. I didn’t even have a chance to pretend to fall asleep, “I’m coming.” I yelled out of my room. I pushed myself from my desk and walked out of the room and down to the front door. I opened the door and saw her.
She had short blond hair that framed her heart shaped face nicely, and big round blue eyes, with long black eyelashes that touched her cheek, which were flushed gently. Her lips were pouty and pink. In both of her hands she held big bags of luggage She closed her big blue eyes and smiled at me,

“Hi.” She started, her voice reminded me of the ocean, “ I’m Beatrix. Your mother said it would be okay if I stayed with you all for a few weeks.”

“Yeah…” I said slowly. She opened her eyes and looked at me with concern,

“Are you okay, Joe?” she asked me, dropping her bags and reaching for me. I took a step back and raised an eyebrow,

“How do you know my name?” I asked her. Her whole face turned red and she looked away from me.

“Your mother told me. She said you were the dorky looking one.” It was my turn to be embarrassed. I didn’t even know her and I already assumed she was crazy. Beatrix smiled widely at me and started to reach for her bags

“I’m sorry, here, let me get your bags.” I said, reaching for her bags. She took a step back, as if she didn’t want to touch me.

“Thanks.” She said with a big smile. I picked up the bag and then found myself struggling with it. I dropped it quickly looking back at her.

“What does that have in there? Bricks?” She laughed at me and picked up the luggage, like it was the lightest object in the world.

“Maybe.” Beatrix said with a twinkle in her eyes, she walked inside our house, starting to head up the place. Had she been here before? It seemed she knew where she was going. The golden-headed woman stopped and turned to me, blushing, “Sorry, where am I going to sleep. I just assumed that I was heading upstairs, but…”

“Well you were right.” I said, closing the door, crossing the foyer. She looked at me like I was the most interesting person she’d ever met. I started to head up the stairs and she followed close behind me, “You’ll be sleeping right across the hall from me.”

“Oh okay. Well thank you, Joe.” She set down the bag and walked over to me, then bit her lip in thought. Before I could ask what she was doing, she enveloped me in a hug.
The warmth from her body was amazing, I wrapped my arms around her body and she suddenly pulled back, looking down at my bare feet, “I’m sorry.”

“It….it’s okay.” I tried to explain, but she had picked up her bags and went into the spare guest room in a matter of seconds. I blinked slowly and retreated back into my room, smirking. I sat down at the desk again, pulling out a blank sheet of paper.

You are my sunshine.
Better than that, for sure.
You are my moonlight,
Prettier than that, for real.

You are my
Angel.
Sweet and Kind.
You are my
Angel
Beautiful and real.
You are my
Fallen angel,
And I hope you never dissipear.


It wasn’t good, but it was a start. I looked up at the wall and smiled, leaning back in my chair, “I think I’m going to like having her around.” I think I’m going to like having her around a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its so short!

BB