Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

Penny For Your Thoughts?

"Hey Jess, what about this? Purple suits you like, so fucking good."

The black haired girl looked over to her newly found best friend, grinning when she saw her holding up a short, flared, punky dress.

"Hey that's actually not that bad. What's the damage though?"

Jess smirked as Tyler twisted the black label that was attached to said dress, and winced in shock at the number of digits written on it.

"Okay... Maybe not that one."

She placed it back on the clothes rack, seeming a little more careful as she slid the dress amongst the others.

"Oh my god TYLER COME LOOK AT THIS!"

Tyler sprinted along the length of the shop to her ecstatic friend, almost knocking a now frowning shop assistant off her gothic platforms in the process. She skid to a halt beside Jess, her mouth dropping as her eyes travelled to the item causing all the commotion.

"That is the most amazing thing. Ever."

Both girls held out their hands to caress a glass show-casing box, both of their eyes glued to one of the pieces of jewellery that hung inside of it; It was probably the most expensive one in the casket, but a girl can dream, can't she?

The necklace consisted of five main parts; there were two 'vine like' solid metal strands coming down from a sliver chain, and each vine was connected to a black heart that shone perfectly in the artificial lighting of the box. And beneath the blackened heart hung a medium sized black gem, which was shaped just like a tear or a raindrop.

"Slight problem though Tai. it's really expensive yet again. Ugh."

Tyler chuckled as Jess lightly banged her forehead on the glass infront of her, earning her an evil look from the same shop assistant that was almost knocked to the floor a few minutes earlier. Tyler looked around the small punk shop, sighing as she realised that everything was just unaffordable without having a good paid job.

Which neither of the two girls had.

"D'wanna go get some shit to drink?"

Jess glanced up at Tyler whose body was already pointing towards the door of the shop, eager to get out before she broke something. Which was quite likely saying that this was Tyler, the girl who could trip over her own feet with ease.

"Oh okay. Shit sounds good."

Both girls laughed as they strode out of the front door of the shop, to be greeted with hundreds of people frantically running up and down the high street. Both girls followed each other closely as they weaved in and out of the panicking shoppers, attempting to make their way up the jam packed pavement without being capsized by a wave of people with overflowing shopping bags. Then again, they hadn't really picked the best day to go window- shopping;

It was fucking Christmas Eve.

Of course the town centre was going to be bursting with people trying to get those last minute items for their loved ones. But then again, Christmas Eve was the last day of the shitty German market in Oakland. Both Dave and Guy had suggested the two girls to go and explore it, and maybe sample some free, weird-tasting food. Jess and Tyler had already tried what some person had called 'a traditional delicacy', but now had decided never again to take the word of a German shopkeeper.

Let's just say that they wretched for almost five minutes straight.

Despite almost throwing up all over the German shopkeeper, Jess had decided to buy a little something for Mike and Billie; Just a pair of black and simple fingerless gloves each. She'd chosen a different design for each boy, but it had taken close to twenty minutes just to decide which design was appropriate for each boy. In the end, Jess had bought Billie a black pair, with skeleton fingers sown on the top of the glove. She didn't quite know why they were on a German market stall, but they looked really awesome and warm too. She had bought Mike a similar pair, apart from that on the top of each glove there was a cartoon fireball and a smiling, creepy skull.

After working their ways through the hoards and hoards of people sprinting down the high street, both girls turned sharply down a small alleyway and ran until they got to their destination. Tyler grinned as she saw the very familiar white and blue sign quickly growing in the distance.

The purple haired girl stopped abruptly as she placed her hand on the shiny silver handle of the café door, turning her head and gesturing Jess to follow with her free hand. She pushed open the door to be met with a thriving café environment, and a hefty queue at the counter.

Jess opened her mouth and widened her eyes as she saw exactly how long the queue was, except Tyler grabbed her hand and dragged her straight through the café and through some white doors to the 'kitchen' area.

"JAAAAKKEEE?"

"Lil' sis!"

Jess smiled as Tyler ran up to a tall, brown haired man and embraced him tightly. She studied his face as Tyler drew him in a crushing hug; He had the same sort of features as Tyler, like her thin lips and slightly crooked nose. But other than that, she might have not guessed that they were related. Or rather, she assumed were related.

"Missed you bro."

"I saw you two days ago, dumbass."

Tyler rolled her eyes but squeezed her brother tighter, before reluctantly letting him go and returning over to where Jess stood a little awkwardly.

"Could you be the nicest brother ever and get us both a hot chocolate ?"

Jess laughed as Tyler's brother sighed, before nodding and jogging off to somewhere in the kitchen to get Jess and Tyler's desired beverages.

"Your brother is so nice. Makes me wish I wasn't the lonely fucker that I am."

The purple haired girl pinched the bridge of her nose as she shook her head, chuckling quietly as she placed her other hand on Jess's shoulder.

"Trust me, you're lucky to be a lonely fucker; big brothers can be the meanest shits ever."

"I CAN STILL HEAR YOU TYLER!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess curled her fingers around the warm polystyrene cup, and looked attentively as steam swirled around in the air just above her hot beverage. She blew a small amount of air forwards, and sighed as the steam seemed to roll over and fold several times until it disappeared.
"Penny for your thoughts."

She shook her head out of her daze, looking over at the girl who was sat on the other side of the bench.

"What?"

Tyler shifted a little closer, cradling her hot chocolate with both of her hands.

"You've been so quiet for the last ten minutes. It's really scaring me."

A very small smirk tugged at the corners of Jess's lips, but her eyes drifted to the pavement.
"Oh... just thinking about stuff."

Tyler glanced up at her friend and took a little sip from her drink, closing her eyes in relaxation as it warmed her insides.

"What's 'stuff'"

The black haired girl frowned as she crossed over one of her legs. She rested her drink loosely on it with her hand supporting the cup a little.

"I don't mind if you don't wanna answer this... But... well."

Tyler placed a hand on Jess's shoulder, causing her to shiver at the cold touch of her frozen fingers.

"I'll try to, hon."

Jess smiled weakly and looked over to the purple haired girl, sighing as lifted her drink up from her legs to her mouth. She let the boiling liquid trickle into her mouth, relishing the burning feeling it gave as it ran down her throat.

"Did you ever find that like, with Billie, that he just gets all vile and stuff and you've done nothing wrong?"

Tyler frowned, taking her hand off Jess's shoulder and cocking her head to the side a little.

"What do you mean exactly?"

Jess closed her eyes as she recalled the events that occurred prior to meeting Tyler in town, sighing as they played over in her mind once more.

"I rang his housephone, and he answered. Except when he knew it was me, he passed me over to Mike without even acknowledging me. "

Tyler turned away and stared at the pavement just infront of the bench they were sat on. She glanced at the shoes of people striding by, who were completely oblivious to the two girls sat talking on the bench.

"Yeah..."

Jess turned abruptly, frowning at the slightly dazed girl.

"Yeah?"

"I mean, he was like a little that when I was with him. Billie just hides it away and when you least expect it... BOOM-"

Tyler thrust her hands forwards, forgetting momentarily that she had a searing hot drink in one of them

"AWW SHIT NOW HALF MY HOT CHOCOLATE IS ON THE FUCKING FLOOR!"
Jess giggled as Tyler lolled her head back in frustration, closing her eyes and sighing simultaneously.
"Uh-oh."

She rolled her eyes at Jess, before transferring her hot chocolate to the bench. She flicked each one of her hands quickly in an attempt to get some of the spilt liquid off of her hands.

"But yeah... BOOM and them the dark side of Billie comes out."

Jess nodded, leaning back onto the wooden bench fully.

"I just don't get what I've done."

An eerie silence came over the two girls as they finished their drinks, slurping the last delicious drops out of their cups and looking over to each other.

"Do you like Billie and Mike?"

Jess frowned again and snorted, shaking her head a little in disbelief;

Did she just ask me whether I liked them?

Of course I fucking like them, or we all wouldn't be so fucking close.

"What sort of question is that?"

The purple haired girl slapped a palm to her head, causing the other girl to chuckle a little.

"I mean like like them."

Jess's lips formed an 'o' shape, instantly looking down at her scuffed military boots that covered her feet.

"I don't know. I just-"

"What if you had to choose one of them?"

Tyler instantly swivelled herself sideways on the bench, lifting her legs and placing them on Jess's thighs.

"I don't know. I can't really. I guess you could put them both in the context of being The Sun and The Moon.-"

Tyler tilted her head to the side as she listened closely, intrigued by the analogy Jess was trying to explain. She'd only known Jess literally a day, but she already loved the way she put things and her overall dialect; It was similar to her own, making it easy to communicate to Jess without having to explain some slang term ten times over.

"Say if I was Earth. All lonely in the universe and just spinning away and shit like that. Mike is like my Sun. I can't live without him because it's impossible to, and I know he will be there for me no matter what. But with Billie, he's like my Moon. He has a side which everyone knows and loves, and then there's another side which has barely been touched by anyone at all; y'know, his dark side. I need him to live to a certain extent, just like how the moon controls the sea or something. But Billie's not as important as Mike in order to do shit."

Jess glanced up from her boots to find Tyler a little dazed, her mouth open in amazement. A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips as the purple haired girl took her legs off Jess's, and planted them firmly on the ground.

"Shitting hell. How the fucking fuck did you think of that?"

Both girls clutched their stomachs and let laughter seep out of their mouths for a few minutes, earning a few dirty looks from people passing by.

"I dunno. It just kinda came out."

Tyler got up from the bench and stretched her arms out, turning around to face Jess who was now laid on the bench.

"The awesome thing about that thing you just said, is that it made perfect sense to me."

Jess took a glimpse up at her friend, smirking a little.

"I'm not sure if that's supposed to be like, a compliment or not, but thanks ,Tai."

She sat up from the bench, rolling her shoulders to relieve a non- existent tension and groaning a little.

"Where d'wanna go now?"

Jess shrugged, before flinging herself up from the mouldy wood and joining Tyler on the pavement.
"Somewhere we can smoke."

Both girls suddenly looked at each other, grins forming on their faces. They chimed out simultaneously, punching the air with their fists.

"CHRISTIE ROAD!"

******************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
hEY GUYS ITS THE MIDDLE OF PHYSICS AND IM SO FUCKING BORED AND I WANT TO JUST NOT DO MY GSCE FOR IT AND OFFICER BILLIE SAYS HI TO ALL OF YOU BECUSE SHES SAT NEXTTO ME DOING SOME ACTUAL WORK ( or pretending idek) XD

Please enjoy and I haven't had hance to check this through for spelling mistakes etc but I will later on tonight when I get home :D Comment/Recommend/Subscribe :P