Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

It's ***ing on.

Jess sighed as she touched the back of her hand against her damp forehead, wiping a bead of sweat as her eyes darted quickly over the colourful sheet of paper that was laying just infront of her. She widened her eyes as she looked up towards the ticking clock on the wall, gasping as a small pang of anxiety made her stomach clench and flip several times.

I only have one hour to finish this off...Fuckkkkkk.

The black haired girl sighed as her head drooped, closing her eyes momentarily. She began to tap her finger on the desk she was leaning onto, grinding her teeth in frustration as she did so.

I'm fucking screwed.

Jess was currently doing her real art exam; She'd had a mock exam just after Billie's birthday, where she had used the picture of a very colourful Mike to create an A grade worthy chalk pastel piece. That time, the exam had gone pretty well; Jess had managed her time perfectly, all of her equipment that she had needed had been found and given to her, and of course she had a picture of an almost naked boy to drool over for a few hours. But for this exam almost three and a half months later, she had decided to change what the overall theme of her final piece would be; nature and natural structures was what she had been studying intensely for the past few weeks.

It had been one of the worst decisions of her life.

She had never thought that drawing a fucking flower could be so time consuming and just difficult to actually draw.

"Psshh."

Jess jolted her head sideways, almost forgetting to open her eyes when she had turned to where the noise was coming from. When her eyelids eventually coordinated with her brain, she was met with a pair of lively green eyes which put a small smile on her face.

She watched as the black haired boy surveyed the eerily silent art classroom, his eyes darting quickly between several students sat at desks close by. She brought her eyes back down to her work, her breath hitching a little when he leant in close to her face. He whispered in her ear, a small smirk playing with the corners of his lips.

"That looks real go- I mean, amazing Jess."

She pushed herself off leaning on the desk, her cheeks turning a little red as she played with her hair.

"It's not THAT good..."

She whispered back, quickly scanning the room to see if an exam officer or their teacher had noticed them talking yet; Normally they were very, very vigilant in art exams. Even if you only coughed, you could earn yourself a dirty look and a rolling of the eyes.

"Pfft! It's so amazing, you just don't even know! God damn it Jess, look at my failure and then your awesome drawing and then you'll see..."

She turned her head to the right as he drew back from her face, looking at Billie before she dared herself to take a glimpse at his exam coursework . It wasn't that she thought it was going to be horrendous. It was just the fact that she had a foreboding feeling that it would be amazing. And that would put her in the complete wrong state of mind for the next hour or so; She didn't want to feel like she had wasted her own blood, sweat and tears on something that was complete utter shit.
She lowered her eyes to take a peek at what Billie had spent the last four hours in the classroom slaving over, her mouth dropping a little when she saw what he had created.

"That's... Jesus."

She rolled her eyes as he opened his mouth to make some witty comment, placing a finger to his lips to silence him.

"I mean, it's real good Bill... You've gotta be proud of that dude."

She smiled as she watched his cheeks turn a little pink, his gaze lowering back down to his creation;
He had spent the past four hours creating some sort of inner city, maybe even an industrial scene in charcoal on some light brown sugar paper. Jess had noticed when she first took a glance at the monotone paper that Billie had tried to create a vanishing point ; His artwork seemed to portray a street disappearing off into the distance, as well as cars, closed down shops and blank, grey faced people also in the image.

Jess placed her right hand on his shoulder as she smiled sweetly at him, his head turning to face her as his eyes instantly lit up. She studied him as he looked around the room once again, catching the eyes of the several other students silently working away. He quickly turned back to Jess, impulsively grabbing her hand and yanking her closer towards him in an instant.

He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, liking the coldness of the leather jacket she was wearing on his bare arms. Billie then brushed several strands of black hair out of Jess's face, leaning in so that his was an inch or two away from her face.

"You're so fucking amazing Jess, you do know that, right?"

She snorted softly, sighing as his palm cupped her chin and his thumb began to rub circles on her cheek.

"I'm not... But okay."

She had to suppress a giggle as he took his hand from her cheek and poked her nose.

"D'wanna go somewhere when we get out of here?"

Jess smiled and cocked her head to the right, bringing her hand up to briefly brush the end of her nose.

"Yeah sure, just as long as- Hey... Wait a minute."

Jess frowned and studied the back of her hand, her mouth dropping as she noticed a jet black smudge contrasting with her pale skin.

"You little-!"

She brought her gaze up to meet his, her lips forming a playful pout as she ground her teeth subconsciously.

I can almost guarantee that there stupid fucking charcoal all over my face right now thanks to this little shit.

Infact, a very cute little shit.


"What?"

She squinted her eyes a little as coy smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, his eyes showing something dark that couldn't be seen from his seemingly friendly body language.

Jess instantly spun around, grabbing a red pencil and bringing it to her lips to lick it; Luckily, she had brought her art pencils which were water soluble into the exam.

A.K.A some pencils which worked because of some sciency shit.

"AHA!"

She spun around and aimed for his forehead, accidently letting out a loud laugh as the wet pencil left behind a red line on Billie's face. She also managed to leave a small mark on his cheek.

"It's fucking on."

She inwardly growled as Billie squinted his eyes and reached backwards for a piece of charcoal, keeping constant eye contact with the black haired girl.

"ARMSTRONG, WINTERS, SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

Both of the teens instantly turned their heads to the sudden voice, each of them cowering and sitting back down in their sits; Mr Richards was coming straight for them from across the room, red faced and his jaw evidently locked in anger.

Both Billie and Jess glanced over to each other, their eyes meeting just for a second as they realised that they were both thinking the same thing ;

Oh fucking shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So Mr-whoalmostgotdisqualifiedfromhisexam, where are we going?"

Jess stuck her tongue out as Billie shot her a glare and squinted his eyes, snaking an arm around Jess's waist and raising his hand so that he could flick her nose.

"HEY!"

The black haired girl grumbled a little and took a large step to the right, consequently bumping her hip into the unsuspecting boy that walked beside her. The action just managed to make the boy trip over his own two feet, almost sending him flying to the floor. Except, he managed to recover quickly enough to just save his face from being mangled by the pavement,

"Now that was not fair! And you'll see in a minute, J-babe."

Jess instantly stopped walking, looking towards Billie with her eyebrows raised and a firm pout on her lips.

"What did you just call me?"

He shifted his weight all onto one leg as he took his hand from Jess's waist and placed it on his hip. He leaned in close to her, a devilish curve taking the corners of his lips as he kept constant eye contact with her.

"J. Babe."

Her red lips opened just as she was about to spew her thoughts on her newly assigned nickname, but was yanked by the raven haired boy into what looked like a diner before she could even let one syllable pass through her lips.

Once inside. all was forgotten as Jess glanced around the diner, her eyes lighting up as she scanned slowly from table to table ; there was an evident homely and friendly vibe to the place, the slightly stained yellow walls reciprocating both sides of the diner. There was also many posters and picture which seemed to fit in with the 1960's theme of the diner which hung from the walls.

"I've never been here before..."

Billie looked down at the slightly dumbfounded Jess, chuckling quietly as he saw the amazement in her eyes ; It was only Rod's Hickory pit. There was nothing too special about the place.

"Come on, let's go get some coffee's or something."

Jess shook her head out of her daze and turned her head to look at Billie, sheepishly taking his hand and walking with him over to the wooden counter. She sat down on one of the leather-topped stools, placing her forearms on the long counter that stretched to the right for at least twelve feet. Billie let go of her hand and sat down right beside her, turning so that his body was pointed towards hers.

"This is Rod's Hickory Pit. Y'know, the place my mom works."

She nodded, playing with her hands as they moved into her lap.

"Ahh right... I actually kinda-"

"Billie!"

Jess was cut off as a woman came up behind the raven haired boy and hugged him, only realising after a second or two that it was Ollie. She snorted as the older woman leant down to kiss her son on his forehead, only for Billie to scrunch his face up and lean away from the incoming motherly missile (otherwise known as a kiss).

But of course he had to give in.

"And my favourite black haired girl too!"

Jess laughed as Ollie moved away from her sulking son, leaving him rubbing the spot where his mother had kissed him just in case her lipstick had transferred onto his face.

"How are you sweet?"

The teenage girl smiled lovingly as the older woman embraced her tightly, closing her eyes as she was squeezed by Ollie. She drew back from the older woman as she began to reply to her question.

"I'm just fine y'know? Managed to bull- I mean um... I managed to complete my art exam final piece in the end"

Jess made sure to divert her eye contact to the raven haired boy whom had just turned a little red in the face.

Ollie noticed this and moved away from Jess , turning her head towards her not- so-innocently smiling son as she pouted her lips.

"Billie Joe Armstrong did you-"

Ollie was cut off by both of the teens laughing manically, rolling her eyes as Billie placed his head on the counter and closed his eyes whilst noises still escaped his lips.

"I'm not even gonna go there. But anyway, d'want me to get you two something to eat? Drink?"

Jess pretended to wipe a fake tear from her eye as she attempted to calm herself down.

"Um... Could I have a hot chocolate p-please?"

Ollie nodded as she turned her head to look at her son, poking him when he didn't respond to the feeling of eyes on his back.

"Just what I normally have thanks, Mom."

He smiled sweetly at his mom before voluntarily enveloping her in a hug.

"It's Friday night B-"

"I know mom, I know."

Jess frowned a little but smiled a Billie as his Mom strode off, looking like she was a woman on a mission as she did so.

"What's so special about friday night?"

Billie shook his head instantly, getting up from his stool and stretching his arms above his head.

"Ahh nothing.'Cuse me a minute ."

The black haired girl sighed as he strode off behind her, looking downwards at the wooden grain of the counter that she was sitting beside. She traced the grain of the wood, blocking out the heart warming sounds of families chattering away and the sound of the hot water machine heating up.
A few minutes passed and Ollie brought back two cups, one filled with hot chocolate and cream and the other a very weak coffee. She placed them down beside Jess, placing her hand on her shoulder when she realised she was a million miles away in her own head.

"You okay hon?"

The teenage girl instantly shook her head out of her daze once again, a smile jumping onto her lips when she saw Ollie.

"Yeah, just waiting for Billie to come back from wherever he went."

The older women's lips formed an 'O' shape as she took her hand from Jess's shoulder, grinning a little as she heard a small amount of commotion from behind Jess.

"Well, enjoy your drink Sweetpea and... -"

Jess frowned a little as Ollie grinned, her whole posture straightening as a few whoops were heard in the background.

"Turn around."

The older woman pointed a finger to behind Jess, causing her to feel a little curious as to what all the commotion was about. She instantly shuffled around on the leather stool, her face lighting up as she grinned like an idiot from where she was sitting.

"Well um.. 'Tis Friday night so I guess I should start playing some songs and stop ramblin'-!"

Jess reached just behind and to the side of her to grab her hot chocolate, bringing the warm cup close to her chest as she cradled it in her hands. She kept on looking forwards, sighing every once in a while in contentment.

"-Oh and, I'm Billie Joe."
At least several families and five or six lone customers whooped and clapped as the raven haired boy lifted and pulled up a chair onto a five inch platform that raised him from the checkered floor. He sat on the chair, lifting an almost full size acoustic onto his lap. Jess squinted as she looked at the wooden instrument in Billie's hands, noticing an almost tribal/ gothic pattern stuck onto most of the front of the guitar.

She took a sip from her drink as she kept on watching him getting set up to play, which included placing a capo on what looked like the second fret of the guitar, plugging in the semi-acoustic into a small amp and adjusting the height of the microphone that was standing just infront of him.

"This first one's Motley Crue."

Jess placed her hot chocolate down on the side, placing her elbows on her thighs and placing her chin in her hands. She closed her eyes as Billie began to play the introduction to the song, swaying a little as she got more into the song; She'd heard it before a few times, but never an acoustic version of the song.

"Without you, there's no change, my nights and days are grey, if I reached out and touched the rain, it just wouldn't feel the same-."

Jess's heart instantly melted as he projected his voice around the diner, opening her eyes to find everyone in the diner stopping their conversations and ogling him as he played.

"Without you, I'd be lost, I'd slip down from the top, I'd slide down so low, girl you'd never, never know..."

Jess returned her gaze to where Billie sat, only to gasp when she found him staring at her from across the room. She instantly looked down at the floor and covered her cheeks with her hair, not wanting anyone to see her embarrassment.

A few minutes later Billie finished the song and got a very loud round of applause, only after messing up the lyrics two times. Jess had only dared herself to look up once or twice, not wanting to feel more embarrassed than she already had been.

"Okay, so this next one's 'Should I stay or should I go'. But first, I need to find someone to help me sing this with me."

Jess looked up from the floor, genuinely curious as to what he was on about.

But he was staring at her with one of his suspicious looks plastered all over his face.

You are fucking kidding me.

Jess started to whisper and chant 'No' over and over as Billie put the guitar down, walking over to where Jess was standing with a grin tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Ple-"

"No."

Jess folded her arms against her chest and pouted her lips, causing Billie to frown a little.

"Pretty please?"

Jess cracked a little as he pouted, fluttering his eyes and placing his hands together as he pleaded.

"It's not that fact that I don't really wanna do it, it's the fact that I can't do it."

She looked down at the floor once more, feeling her cheeks turn a very dark shade of crimson red for what felt like the fiftieth time that day.

"Hey, of course you can."

Billie lifted his hand upwards and cupped her jaw, bringing her eyes up to meet his again. After a few intense seconds of looking deeply into her soul , he closed his eyes and brought his lips to hers in a loving, but not too passionate kiss ;

If there hadn't been any young families present, maybe it would have been a little more let's say, fiery.

Jess felt her insides melt as her lips latched onto his, closing her eyes as he caressed her cheek with his thumb. A few seconds later they broke away, Billie gazing lovingly into her eyes.

"I mean, if you really don't wanna then that's okay Jess.. "

She stood up from the stool and grasped Billie's hand nervously as she looked on at the other people in the diner, whom were currently either wolf whistling or 'awing' at the recent action just witnessed.

"I'll try... But only if you promise to never ever call me J-babe again."

Jess giggled as Billie scowled, but nodded in agreement as they made their way onto the small stage. Once she was up there, she wasn't really sure why the hell she had been freaking out so much. A small round of applause echoed around the room as Jess pulled up a chair and adjusted the microphone so that it was at just the right level.

"You ready?"

Jess nodded and grasped the low-quality microphone in its stand with both of her hands, as Billie began to play some sort of broken chorded introduction to the song. She closed her eyes, crossing over her legs as the point where the verse started drifted closer and closer.

"Darlin' you gotta let me know, should I stay or should I go?"

Jess opened her eyes in shock, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips when she realised that the sound that had left her voicebox sounded like someone who typically sung country music ; it was a definite change to imitating the droning tones of Joe Strummer's voice for sure.

She glanced over to Billie and giggled a little when she noticed that he was grinning like an idiot, and also that his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets .

"If you say that you are miiiiine, I'll be here 'til the end of time."

She turned back to face the rest of the diner, nearly all of the people either gawping or being dazzled by the cuteness of both herself and Billie.

Two or three minutes later they finished the song and literally the whole diner clapped at both of the teens. Jess felt her cheeks burn up but got poked by Billie to turn her head his way.

"That was really good Jess. I- I- don't think you know how awesome you really are..."

They both stood up and Billie placed his guitar down, stopping for a second as he high fived another person who was about to before he decided to drag her back to her seat. Once she was there Billie sat himself down and rested his elbows on the wooden counter, gazing at the girl sat beside him.

"Do you know how freakin' lucky I am to have you? I mean, you're beautiful, talented, amazing, one of my best friends - "

Jess placed a finger to his lips to silence him, before scooting over to sit in his lap and opening her mouth a little to speak.

"And do you know how freakin' lucky I am to have you, too ?"

Both teens smiled before they leant towards each other, their eyes closing as their lips gently brushed the others. It was one of those perfect moments which was extremely loving, but it also showed something dark about the two teens two ; Anyone could see that they were pretty much perfect together, but there was something that clashed whenever they kissed.

And Jess had noticed this too.

She wasn't quite sure if it was a good kind of clash, just like having chilli in chocolate; They taste nice together even though you wouldn't just throw them into a chocolate bar, not at least without thinking about what you're actually doing.

And then there was the bad kind of clashes. The type of clashes which could be compared to chalk and cheese, or someone who is typically quiet and shy sitting next to a very extroverted, loud and invasive person .

But she didn't need to worry about it at that very moment.

It was only early days yet.
*******************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
I HATED THIS I'M SO SORRY AGAIN I'M O N HOLIDAY OKAY I'M STARTING WRITING THE SEQUEL AND I HOPE TO GET ANOTHER UPDATE UP BEFORE I LEAVE AND UM I HATE THIS SO MUCH JUST SKIP IT I DONT EVEN KNOW BUT YEAH I GOT A FEW MORE CHAPTERS OF THIS LEFT BEFORE THE SEQUEL IS STARTING AYE