Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

Thank *** for Mrs Turner.

Mr Gregory sighed before preparing to enlighten the two students sat on the other side his desk, fiddling with his fingers as he thought out his words carefully.

"There has been a complaint by a particular teacher that you both swore, intimidated, and offended them quite a lot. And the school's policy states that I have to interview the students involved, the teacher who was supposed to have you for that period, and the 'victim' of this whole situation."

Jess nervously gulped, taking a glimpse over at Billie whom was leaning back in the plastic chair, one of his legs crossed carelessly over the other.

How can he be so relaxed?

Her gaze returned to Mr Gregory, who she hadn't really met ' in person' before; She had seen him at the start of the year when he made an 'inspirational' speech, which had seemed to drag on for what seemed like an eternity and a half. Jess knew that the intention of it was to motivate students into working hard for once, but it seemed to do the opposite for most pupils. Besides, most of the people taking A levels were only doing so because they couldn't find a job or apprenticeship. And the speech Mr Gregory gave only bored and made about 90% of pupils want to go jump off a cliff.

Jess shook her head out of her daze as both Billie's and Mr Gregory's eyes fixated on her face. Her eyes widened as she felt her blood rush to her cheeks.

"Sorry, drifted off for a minute there... What were you talking about sir?"

Mr Gregory sighed as he began to repeat himself to the easily distracted girl, standing up from his chair and leaning over the desk a little.

"I was just telling you that I need to take personal statements from both of you."

"And?"

The headteacher frowned at her lack of basic manners, but carried on anyway.

"And I was asking whether you would prefer to tell me now, or write a statement after school."

Jess's mouth formed a 'O' shape as she turned her head to look at the raven haired boy, who was now sitting properly on his chair. She stared at him for a few seconds, in an attempt to find some sort of sign on his face as to which option to choose. She looked deeply into his eyes as a last hope, but found nothing; Absolutely zilcho.

She sighed as she closed her eyes for a moment, pinching the bridge of her nose as she went over the decision several times in her head.

She couldn't tell Mr Gregory right now because she had to think up some kind of story to sell to him, so that she didn't get excluded. But on the other hand, if she left it till after school, Mr Gregory would probably go out of his way to separate herself and Billie; The head would know by many years of experience, that as soon as they vanished out of his sight, they would be conjuring up a fake story together.

Just as Jess opened her mouth to speak, a loud knock on the door echoed around the small office they were all sat in. Mr Gregory closed his eyes and sighed, before calling the person on the other side into the room as he sat back down.

Jess turned herself around as the door opened, eager to know who had saved her from the wrath of Mr Gregory;

It was Mrs Turner.

She instantly spun back around with a grin on her face, looking over to Billie and winking at him.

" Jordan, I need these two for 5 minutes. Urgently."

The headteacher leaned onto his desk with his elbows, placing his hands underneath his chin to support it.

"Can't it wait Sam?"

Mrs Turner glanced between the three of them and frowned, shifting her weight onto her right foot.

"I'm sorry, but no. It's about their musical performance element. I've just been rifling through the tapes and found that Billie's and Jess's has been misplaced."

Mr Gregory let out a deep sigh, before leaning backwards into a sitting position. He gestured with one of his hands for the teenagers to go.

"Fine. But I expect you both back here at the end of the day."

Jess and Billie grinned at each other, scrambling out of the doorway and past Mrs Turner. They stopped a few metres away from her, as she plodded over to them.

" Right you two. I've got a free period. So, Me. You two. Music Storeroom. Now."

The grins on Billie's and Jess's faces subsided, but it didn't stop them from smiling just a little. The three of them made their way through the plum coloured corridors and down a flight of stairs, ending up at the music department. They all slid through what looked like a janitors doors, only to be greeted with a huge collection of instruments piled in boxes and stacked on shelves. Mrs Turner strode to the back of the room, before turning around at the two teens, each glancing down at the floor and shifting their weight from foot to foot.

"What the actual frick happened to you two!?"

Jess and Billie both looked up at the emotive teacher, slightly stunned at her choice of language.

"Yes I said a swear word. Big deal. But really guys, what the hell were you thinking?"

They both felt like he was getting lectured by their one of their parents.

Jess lifted her head to speak, but was cut off by Billie before she could.

"It was my idea, Miss. We didn't wanna go back into class when it sounded like someone was dying in there-"

Jess chuckled quietly, and reached out to grasp his hand. She squeezed it, letting him know that she was grateful for what he was doing.

"So I got Jess to come with me for a...um.. smoke."

Billie looked to the floor shamefully, but Jess knew it was part of an act to get Mrs Turner to empathise with their side of the story ; Normally, Billie would be bragging about all the shit he had done. But in this case, he wanted to try and act the innocent, darling child who only wanted to look cool.

"And ?"

He glanced up at the teacher whose arms were currently crossed over her chest.

"Mrs Edwards found us and gave us shit."

Okay, maybe that wasn't what an innocent, darling child would say.

But it was harsh and blunt, which is exactly what this confession needed.

"Ok... I get the picture now. What did you do to her back?"

Billie perked up a little, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Well, I told her that I was gonna go have a smoke , and I ran off."

Jess nodded at this, but began to bit her bottom lip as she waited for the right moment to speak out.

"And I kinda may have flipped her off."

The raven haired boy turned his head and laughed, squeezing her sweaty palm like she had done earlier.

"That's all ?"

Billie and Jess glanced at each other, and then turned their heads towards Mrs Turner.
They answered simultaneously.

"Yep."

The teacher let out a sigh, before pacing over towards them both. She unfolded her crossed arms and placed a palm on each of their shoulders.

"Look, if you promise never to skip music again, I will stick up for you too. You're both good students and you both have a passion for music, unlike the rest of the class....-"

They both grinned at Mrs Turner, almost internally exploding as they realised that they could be 'let off'.

"- And I have a feeling that if I say that both of you were in my lesson at the supposed time you two were having this standoff with Sand- I mean, Mrs Edwards, they will take my word over hers."

The two teens jolted their heads to face the others, grins reappearing on their lips.

Their asses had been officially saved.

"Miss, thank-you sooooo much."

Billie stumbled forward as he enveloped the stunned teacher with a hug, Jess following him in quick pursuit.

"It's okay guys. Just remember that you were in my lesson and that you were learning about major pentatonic scales, okay?"

She pulled back from the more than happy teens, sending them an over-exaggerated wink and a toothy grin.

"Now get back to whatever lesson you came out off, before you upset another teacher!"

They all laughed, as Billie pulled Jess by hand to the door and waved at the cackling teacher. Both of them ended outside the music storeroom, holding their breath for a few seconds.

They both let out a deep sigh at exactly the same time.

"Thank fuck for Mrs Turner."

Jess laughed as Billie placed a hand on his chest and closed his eyes, releasing all the stress that had been festering inside.

"Come on, we better go back to art. I want to get some design ideas for my final piece. And you need to too."

She flicked his nose with her finger, careful of the silver ring which hung from it. It earned a squeal from the now irritated and frowning boy.

"Okkkkkkkkaaaaaaayyy."

Jess held out her elbow so that Billie could link his with hers, like they had done many times before. They then proceeded to stride towards the art department, knowing all their little kerfuffle would most likely be sorted out.

For absolute good.

***********************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Updating on a day where I feel like shit again...Ate something bad and almost threw up :(

But anywayyyyyy

These last two chapters have been a little short :S I've already written a chapter ahead of this, and I can tell you that they are gonna get a bit longer :) Please comment or something because I don't know if you guys are likign this or not.. I'm hoping you do ^^