Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Midnight Help

It was the middle of the night and as expected Charlotte was crying out for her parents. 
'Uhhh' Dan moaned as he pushed the duvet away nearly hitting Gemma. Gemma lay half asleep as Dan left the room. 
He entered her room. Dan reached out his arms and cradled her. Rocking her from side to side. He began to hum as he did. 
Charlotte cried once more. 
'Shhh Charlie baby' Dan soothed 'Daddy is here,it's fine baby'
Dan sat in the chair next to the crib and reached out for the bottle of milk. He placed it into her mouth. Charlotte began to suckle on the bottle. 
'Good girl' Dan whispered as he held up the bottle for her. She soon finished the bottle. Dan placed it back on the bedside table. He began to sway from side to side in order for her to drift off to sleep. 
'Shhh baby,go to sleep' He whispered as her eyes began to close. She let out a little whimper noise before her eyes fully shut. Dan placed her back into the crib,tucking her in a bundle of blankets with a teddy bear. He returned back to his own bed. 
'Thank you' Gemma mumbled as he got back into bed. 
'Its my job' He grinned as she rolled over to face him. 
'I could have done it' She said
'But you only gave birth a month ago and were in a coma,you deserve some rest' He told her as he lifted her shirt up and placing his hand on her c section scar. 
'Dan I can take care of a baby' She said placing her hand on top of his. 
'I just want to help' 
'Well thank you for helping' She said just before planting a kiss on his lips. Dan turned his head over to see the clock. Midnight. 
'Its late' He told her
'Lets hope Charlotte stays asleep' Gemma said as she placed her head into Dan's chest. 
'Uhh huh' Dan groaned in agreement. 
'But Dan' Gemma interrupted
'Yeah hun?' 
'I appreciate the help but I-'
'As long as I am here I'm going to help wether you like it or not'
Gemma smiled up at him agreeing with what he said. Dan gazed into her eyes removing some hair from her face
'Gemma,me and you we won't ever be the same' Dan confessed
'Why wouldn't we?' Gemma asked resting up on her elbows. 
'We have a child,so no more late nights or movies or-'
'Sex' She butted in
'Yeah' He shrugged not even wanting to get onto that subject after all it's what brought them Charlotte. Gemma stroked Dan's cheek. 
'Babe' Dan mumbled
'I know' She whispered lowering her head. 
'Its not that I don't want to' He blurted out. 
She nodded. 
'We can't Dan,I know' She sighed
Dan pulled her in close to his chest feeling her getting upset. 
'Maybe,sometime soon we can' He whispered into her ear. She felt his sheepish smile as her spine shivered. 
'I'd love that' She replied burying her head deeper into his chest. 

They both knew that sometime soon would be way in the future. I mean Gemma wasn't exactly comfortable with her body before so after pregnancy should be no different. 
It's not like they would get time to either,Gemma had quit college after she met Dan and so she had the time it's just wether or not she would have Dan there with her. And that's what worried her the most,wether or not Dan would be there
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment! :D