Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Nervous

So as Dan had suggested the very next day they were due to go to Dan's mums house for dinner. 
Currently they were sat in the living room watching childerens tv as Charlotte sat giggling away as Dan and Gemma sat on the sofa watching her. 

Dan reached his hand on top of Gemma's and intwined them together. Gemma looked to her hand,then to Dan. 
'What do you want?' She asked 
'Nothing,just to hold my fiancée's hand whilst we watch tv' He answered 
'Well then,you want to say something' She said as she angeled herself so that she was facing him. 
'I just wanted to ask if you were nervous,that's all' He smiled
'Pfft nervous,no' She lied shrugging it off 
'Come on Fowler,don't lie to me' Dan said glaring at her as he spoke. 
'Okay,I am slightly' She mumbled
'Uh,why?' He asked
'Because..' She trailed off
Dan grasped her hands tight and looked in to her eyes. 
'Babe,tell me' He whispered 
She glanced up at him and sighed
'Because,I don't know what you have told them about me,like what if they think I'm mental or not the right girl for you or not sane enough to raise out child or' 
Dan placed a finger to her lip and leant closer to whisper in her ear. 
'They will love you,even if they hate you' He pulled away from her ear 'I will still love you' 
She faked a smile to stop the conversation and return his attention to the tv rather than her ever rising nerves. 
Dan picked Charlotte up and took her to the kitchen to feed her just before they left to ease her stomach as it would be awhile before dinner at his mums house. 
Gemma slumped into the sofa sighing as she did so. She thought to the many times she had met other people. People say that first impressions are everything but she thought that whatever Dan had told them about her was their first impression of her. 
Whatever he had said would surely make her come across like a mental case who is engaged to their son/brother who has also had his child. 
Her breathing picked up slightly as she thought more on the subject. She immediately reached for the tv remote to turn the tv from 'In The Night Garden' to 'How I Met Your Mother' as she did Dan re-entered the room with Charlotte. Dan sat down next to Gemma cradling Charlotte. 
'Babe,I'm gonna put her coat on then we can go,okay' He told her as he went to the coat rack with Charlotte. Gemma got up as well and put on her leather jacket and stood beside Dan. 

They but Charlotte in the back of the car in the baby carrier. Gemma sat in the passenger seat
Dan placed his hand on the gear stick ready to steer out of the parking spot but Gemma placed her hand on his. 
'Dan' She quivered looking to the floor of the car. 
'Yeah babe' He looked at her. 
She paused for a moment. She didn't know what to say. 
'I'm excited to meet your family' She smiled,he smiled back and drove off. It's not like she lied,she was excited but she was nervous at the same time. 
She knew it would be a long drive to Surrey.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I don't think I will quit on this story yet.
It's just been a really rough time at home and I don't want to bother you with my life troubles.

But all I ask is that you guys comment because I feel like I'm out in the cold when you don't tell me your opinions because I need to know so that in my mind I don't go or assume that you all think it's shit