Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Sunday Roast

They arrived at the quaint house in Surrey just on time as planned
Dan got Charlotte from the back of the car as Gemma stood jaws dropped at this moment and what was going to happen in the house. 
'Ready babe?' Dan asked reaching his free hand to touch hers. 
'Yep' She took his hand. 
They opened the gate and walked up the pathway to the white front door. 
Dan knocked on the door and waited. His mom opened the door. 
'Daniel' She greeted him and hugging him tightly. His mum bent down to the baby carrier in Dan's hand. 
'Awww who is this lovely little angel' She smiled down at her. Charlotte laughed. 
'That's Charlotte mum' He told her. 
'She is adorable' His mum looked up and turned to Gemma. Dan squeezed her hand tight. 
'Umm hi,I'm Gemma' She smiled placing out her hand. 
'I know I have heard a lot about you,I'm Diane and I assume Daniel has told you nothing about me' She greeted shaking Gemma's hand as Dan blushed. 
They stepped inside to see Sarah sitting on the sofa watching tv. 
'Hey Sarah' Dan grinned as he set the baby carrier in the spot next to her. 
'Hey Da- awww she is so cute' Sarah tickled Charlotte as Dan went to the front of the sofa to let Charlotte out. 
'Please take a seat love' Diane said as she left for the kitchen.
Gemma sat next to Dan on the sofa opposite Sarah as she held Charlotte. She looked up from her gaze on Charlotte. 
'Hey,I'm Sarah,Dan's older sister you must be Gemma Dan's girl' 
Dan blushed. 
'Haha,yeah I guess I am,nice to meet you' She smiled 'Charlotte seems to like you' 
'Yeah,I guess' Sarah shrugged
'Sarah has a goddaughter who loves her,she is great with kids' Dan informed Gemma. 
'Oh really,you should babysit sometime' Gemma suggested
Sarah looked up as her eyes widened. 
'I'd love to,if Dan is okay with it'
Dan nodded 'Give you two some free time' 
Dan smirked as Sarah said "free time". Gemma looked to Dan and laughed. 

'Dinners ready!' Diane shouted peering her head round the door. 

They all sat down around the table. Charlotte sat at the top on a highchair Gemma sat to the left of her and Dan sat next to her. Sarah sat on the other side of Charlotte next to Diane. 

'Please,tuck in' Diane said as she picked up her knife and fork. 
'I love your roast dinners mum' Dan admitted taking a fork full of peas. 
'So Gemma,Dan told us you used to go to college,what did you study?' Sarah asked taking a sip of her drink. 
'I studied art and English literature I also took a writing class' Gemma told them. 
'Thats cool' Sarah smiled eating some more dinner. Gemma continued eating.
'Well,Gemma have you every been to Surrey before?' Diane asked
'No,well I drove through it on my way back from Paris once' She replied taking a drink. 
'You seem to make Daniel very happy,but I must say I didn't expect to be a grandmother when he told me he met a girl' She laughed
'Yeah,I didn't expect to be a mother' Gemma grinned 
'We came and visited when you were in a coma' Sarah spoke up
'Dan never told me' Gemma turned to Dan
'I was out of it that week' Dan shrugged 
 
They all finished dinner and Diane took the plates away from everyone. 
Sarah took Charlotte into the living room followed by Dan who was holding Gemma's hand. 
She stopped. 
'Babe?' Dan asked 
'I'm gonna go help your mum' Gemma said walking to the kitchen. She knocked on the door
Diane turned around. 
'I came to help' Gemma quietly walked in. Diane passed her the teatowel. 
'So,you and Daniel' Diane smiled washing some plates. 
'Yeah,me and Dan' She smiled drying some forks. 
'I'm happy for the both of you' 
'Why me?' Gemma asked
'Well' Diane stopped washing 
'Daniel told us about you and things that have happened' Gemma's stomach tensed up 'I'm sorry for bringing it up'
'Its alright' She lied
'I am glad you two have each other and Charlotte,that girl is adorable' Diane continued washing up. 
'Umm Mrs Flint,if you don't mind me asking,what has Dan told you?' She asked stopping to look at Diane. 
'He said about a boy named Austin and I believe a few days ago he mentioned another named Andy,please dear call me Diane' She turned to Gemma 
Gemma bit her lip as Diane placed a hand on her shoulder 'I'm sorry if you didn't want me to know-'
'No it's fine,honestly,I just prefer to not to think about what has happened and forget but you know what,I can't because it's a part of me and my life' Gemma began to cry,Diane pulled her into a hug. 
'Oh love,don't worry,you have Daniel and Charlotte,and me,we are your family too,compared to what you had,remember that what you have now is alot better honey' Diane held Gemma's shoulders as she sniffed
'Diane,can I be honest' 
'Of course love' Diane smiled 
'I was so nervous to come here but I think I'm alright,thank you Diane' She smiled sniffing one last time. 

They entered the living room joining them watching tv leaving the washing up til later. 
Gemma sat next to Dan who was cradling Charlotte. 

'Babe,have you been crying?' San asked turning to her. 
'Yeah,I'm fine now,your mum helped' She smiled over at Diane. 
Dan smiled at his mum as Gemma leant her head onto Dan's shoulder. 
'Whats the time Sarah?' Dan asked turning to his sister. 
'Uhh 6pm,why?' She raised an eyebrow. 
'Uhh shit,we best go love' Dan got up. 
'Daniel language!' Diane shouted 
'Why?' Gemma asked sitting on the edge of the sofa. 
'Traffic on the way back to London on a Sunday night is a nightmare'
'Oh okay' Sarah shrugged 
They all stood up. 
Gemma put Charlotte into the baby carrier then put her jacket on. 
'It was lovely meeting you two' Gemma smiled going to hug both of them. 
'You two dear' Diane grinned
'And you,glad my little brother has a girl,well two' She smirked

They all said their goodbyes as Gemma placed Charlotte into the back of the car. She was nearly asleep. Gemma got in the passenger seat once more. 
'Thanks for today,I had fun' Dan smiled setting off in the car. 
'No problem,I had fun' She replied looking back at Charlotte
'She is knackered' Dan said turning the corner 
'I am' She yawned Dan laughed at her. 
'Sarah said she would take care of Charlotte anytime,hope your not too knackered' He smirked
She just smiled. 'Thats if you want'
'Yeah,I do,I'm better your mum reminded me of what I did have to what I have,and I shouldn't waste that'Dan smiled 'Your mum is a amazing woman'
'Yeah,so are you' He beamed continuing to drive on as Charlotte slept and Gemma began to fall asleep watching Dan driving back to London. 
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise if there are any spelling mistakes because I wrote this on iPod notes whilst on the London tube earlier today.