Sequel: I'll Be There

Hearts Collide

Small Town Girl. City Boy

Alex inched closer to Steve so that her head was resting on his shoulder and Steve wrapped an arm around her as the two watched the large screen in front of them. They watched as Aurora and Prince Philip danced in the royal court and Aurora’s dress changed from blue to pink.
“Y’know, I always wanted what Aurora had,” Alex admitted as she looked up at Steve.
“A dress that changes colors?” joked Steve.
“No,” she playfully scoffed. “I meant I always wanted someone to wake me up with a kiss; it’s sweet and romantic and—”
“Hey, what about the kisses I give you?” Steve asked, trying to sound offended. “Aren’t those sweet?”
“Hmm, I don’t know,” Alex answered playfully. “Remind me what those are like again?” she teased before her lips were attacked by Steve’s. She giggled softly as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Steve pulled away and pressed his forehead against hers before he asked,
“Was that sweet enough for you?”
“That and something else,” she stated before she attacked his lips, biting his lower lip in the process. But before Steve could respond, the two were interrupted by someone groaning.
“I said no making out in front of me,” Tony groaned as turned on the lights to see Alex and Steve on the couch kissing which caused the two to pull away from each other.
“Sorry,” Steve mumbled, slightly embarrassed at the fact that Tony had had walked in on them.
“What are you guys watching?” Tony asked as he made his way to the couch.
“Sleeping Beauty,” Alex responded.
“Seems fitting,” Tony remarked as he gestured to Steve. “But you two should get out more. You’ve stayed home watching movies all week.
“Where do you want us to go?” Alex questioned.
“I don’t know. Somewhere where I don’t have to see you make out,” he stated as he sat himself between Alex and Steve. He flipped through channels idly until he came across the movie ‘White Chicks’.
“Hey, look,” Tony chuckled. “White Chicks is on.”
“Y’know, dad,” Alex sighed, “I think you’re right. Steve and I do need to go out more. Come on, Steve, let’s go somewhere where we can make out,” she said plainly as she got up from the couch. Steve said nothing as he too got up and followed her to the elevator.
“Wait!” Tony exclaimed frantically. “Where are you guys going?” he demanded.
“I don’t know. Maybe a club or something. I heard about this great club on 35th street and I’ve been meaning to check it out.”
“Wait!” Tony cried out. “I’ll go too. In fact, I’ll tell Pepper and everyone else to come too.”
“Are you sure, dad?” Alex asked innocently as. “I don’t think it’s your scene.”
“Are you kidding,” Tony scoffed. “If there’s one thing Tony Stark can do, it’s party.”
“Okay then. You go get everyone else. We’ll meet you in the lobby,” she replied as she made her way down the stairs with Steve.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
“So where exactly is this club?” Tony asked as he looked around. “Because all I see are stores and Korean restaurants.”
“We’re almost there. Look, it’s right over there,” she stated as she pointed to a glass door that read ‘Club Karaoke’ in neon lights.
“You’re kidding, right?”
“Nope! Come on! Let’s go,” Alex cheered as she pushed the glass door open and walked up the ‘club’s’ steps. Steve and Thor followed her in as Tony sighed in annoyance.
“I can’t believe you fell for that,” Clint mocked as he pushed the glass door.
“You knew?”
“Of course I knew. She’s been telling me she wanted to go there during training.”
“I thought they were going to a real club with dancing, and alcohol, and people making out. Why didn’t you say anything?”
“Because this is priceless,” he sneered as entered the club. Tony groaned softly before he felt someone place their hand on his shoulder.
“Come on, Tony. It won’t be that bad,” Pepper affirmed.
“I guess you’re right,” Tony sighed before he entered the karaoke club.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Then turn around and stick it out. Even white boys got to shout,” Clint rapped as he did the gestures in the Sir Mixalot music video.
“Baby got back!” sang Alex and Thor in the seconded microphone as they lightly tapped their butts to imitate the girls in the video. Pepper laughed at how ridiculous they were acting while Tony sulked in the corner of their private room; when Pepper realized this, she immediately spoke up.
“Come on, Tony. Don’t be like that.”
“If I have to sit through those three rap to another song from the 90’s, I’m leaving.”
“Then come sing with me,” Pepper insisted. “It will be nice.”
“Pepper, I love you, but I’m not going to sing.”
“Tony,” Pepper asserted.
“No.”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“Yes.”
“Hey, what’s going on?” Alex asked as the song finished.
“Your dad and I are going to sing.”
“No, we’re not.”
“Yes, we are.”
“Aww, that’s cute,” Alex cooed. “Well you kids have fun. Steve and I are going to order more snacks.”
“Get me some sake if you can,” Tony asked before Pepper handed him a microphone and music began playing.
Alex nodded her head as she left the room that they had rented for Karaoke. From outside, she could make out Tony and Pepper taking turns singing the lines, “Don’t go breaking my heart. I couldn’t if I tried.” She ordered some food.
“So are you having fun?”
“Yeah, I guess. You, Clint, and Thor were pretty funny to watch,”he responded as he ordered the drinks
“Thanks. You should sing, Steve,” Alex encouraged.
“I’m not sure. I don’t know many songs,” Steve admitted.
“Thor doesn’t know many songs and he still sang,” Alex pointed. “We can do a duet that everyone knows, okay?”
“Fine,” Steve agreed as the waitress handed them their food and drinks. When they returned to their karaoke room, Pepper and Tony had just finished singing. Clint was laughing at Tony’s performance, which was causing Tony to glare at him.
“Oh, just ignore Clint,” Pepper said as she hugged him and gave him a quick kiss. “I really enjoyed singing with you. Wasn’t it fun?”
“Yeah, I guess so,” Tony sighed which earned him a small smile from Pepper.
“Hey, dad, got your drinks,” Alex mentioned as she placed them down on the table in the middle of the room. She then made her way to the front of the room with Steve and entered the code for the song she was going to sing with him.
Steve’s heart began to beat a little faster and he began shaking his leg a bit. He was feeling a bit nervous and had no idea what song Alex had chosen. Alex had noticed his uneasiness so she grabbed his hand and laced her fingers with his as the music began to play. When it was her queue she began to sing.
“Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going anywhere~”
Steve immediately recognized the song and felt confident as he sang his lines,
“Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit. He took the midnight train going anywhere.”
As the song progressed, Pepper joined the two and started to sing. Soon Thor, Clint, and Tony began singing too.
“Don’t stop believing!” they all chorused as the song ended. Alex laughed at everyone’s enthusiasm and took a seat on the empty couch.
“Okay, whoever wants to go next, here,” she huffed as she held up the microphone.
‘You’re not going to sing anymore?” Steve asked slightly upset since he enjoyed hearing Alex sing.
“I will. I’m just really thirsty.”
“I’ll take that,” Tony slurred as he took the microphone from Alex. He stumbled to the front of the room and chose out a song.
“What is he going to sing?” Alex asked Pepper.
“I have no idea,” Pepper answered as Tony began to move his hips to the beat of the song.
“When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly. I pimp to the beat, walking on the street in my new lafreak, yeah,” he sang.
“Oh no,” whispered to herself half disturbed. “Why did he have to choose that song?”
“You alright, Alex?” Steve asked concerned,
“Yeah, I’m fine— Nope I take that back,” she stated as Tony sang the words ‘I’m sexy and I know it’, took off his shirt, and began waving it around. “Tell me when it’s over,” she shuttered as she buried her face into Steve’s side.
“Whoa, we’re half way there,” Alex and Steve sang into the first microphone.
“Whoa, living on a prayer,” Clint and Thor sang into the second microphone.
Pepper slightly head banged as the four chorused, “Take my hand and we’ll make it—I swear. Living on a prayer~” and Tony nodded his head, semi-buzzed from all of the sake he had drunken.
The four all shared a laugh when the song finished which was interrupted by a knock at the door.
“Excuse me,” said the Korean woman that had shown them to their room two hours ago. “But you’re time is almost up. Please collect your things and pay up front, okay?”
“Okay,” Pepper responded for the group. “Thank you.”
After the Korean woman left the room, everyone began to get their stuff and paid before leaving.
When they arrived back at Stark Towers, they each went to their separate rooms. Alex saw Pepper helping Tony to the elevator and asked, “Pepper, do you need help with my dad?”

“No, it’s fine,” she replied as she guided him to the elevator. “I’m just going to put him to bed.”
“Pepper,” he slurred. “The elevator is gone.”

“That’s because you didn’t press the elevator button,” Pepper sighed.
“Oh, right,” he laughed as he pressed the button.
“Are you sure?” Alex asked.
“Yeah, I’m used to this. Good night, Alex, Steve,” she said as the elevator doors opened and she stepped inside with Tony.
When the doors closed, Alex asked Steve,
“Did you have a good time?”
“Yeah. I did. I liked hearing you sing,” he smiled.
“Ummm, thanks,” she blushed. “I’m glad you had a good time.”
“Hey, what was that song you sang by yourself after Pepper sang?” he asked as the second set of elevator doors opened.
“You mean ‘I’m Yours’?”
“Yes that one. Will you sing it to me?”
“It’s a thirty second elevator ride,” Alex pointed out as she stepped into the elevator.
“So?”

“Fine. I won’t hesitate no more. No more. It cannot wait,” she sang before Steve swiftly kissed her when the elevator stopped on her floor. She smiled into the kissed and whispered, “I’m yours,” as she pulled away.
“Good night, Steve,” she whispered as she stepped off of the elevator.
“Good night, Alex.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I tried to make is as cute as possible since the next chapter will be more dramatic. Also, if you peeped the reference from ch 5, you are awesome! and clever -Stace