Status: Complete~

I Can Talk to Ghosts...

Eventually

So it was over. The freak magic, the evil sorceress, the Hounds... everything was over. But Alan couldnt help but wonder about what had happened to Duncan. He'd grown pretty fond of the ghost, well who couldnt? He'd helped him with everything, led him in the right direction with all this magic stuff, and he'd been a pretty cool guy, uh, ghost. Alan though, was back to where all this had started. Sitting in his Shelby (which had to his pure relief survived this horrid mess of problems) in the school parking lot where no one would scratch or damage his car. It had been a month already and everything seemed to have gone back to normal. People didnt talk about what had really happened, that was the lovely nature of this town of his... Everything had gone back to normal probably in about a month, but his arm still wasnt healed. Apparently the magic when he'd destroyed the medallion had been a little more forceful than he thought it would be. He only had around two weeks left anyways so it wasnt that big a deal. He sighed and sat back in his seat looking out at the school doors. There goes his quiet senior year, there goes his normal life... then he spotted Kyra with her bright green backpack and very blue pants... well, maybe not. He go out of his car and locked it behind him, jogging a little to catch up to her.

"Well hey there." She smiled at him as he fell in step with her.

"Hi there." He smiled back.

"How's your arm?" She asked.

He shrugged with one shoulder, "Eh, its almost healed."

"Good." She said.

"Oh... hey... Thanks for the knife, again." He said as he felt the metal that was hidden in his pocket.

She laughed a little, "No problem... always keep a knife Alan. I always do at least."

"Well no need to worry." He said taking her hand in his, "I always do now."

"Good." She smiled.

They walked through the school doors and headed up the stairs when Alan turned to ask.

"After school, will you come with me to do something?" He looked at her.

"Sure. What is it?" She nodded.

He smiled softly, "Help out a, friend..."

She got where he was going with this since he'd told her all about the things Duncan had told him, two weeks ago, "Alright."
___

It was just a little strange at how normal the town had gone back to in such a short time. Nobody talked about it, nobody asked any questions. Practically everybody had, had no idea what had even happened, and Alan had been expecting at least some kind of questions or rumors floating around, but nothing. Not even a hint at what had happened a month ago; not that he was complaining. Right now though, he and Kyra were standing in the old grave yard in a farther area that was semi-empty. They'd dug a grave (despite Alan's difficultly with his injured arm) and marked it, and they were just finishing putting a body (or what was left of it) into the newly dug grave (again, with a little difficulty...). The two sat back on the edges of the grave as their feet hung in over the fairly decent coffin.

"Gonna say anything?" Kyra looked up at Alan as she stuck her shovel in the ground next to her.

"Well... I dont really know what to say..." He said looking at her, "Never, uh, done this before."

She raised an eyebrow at him, "Well I'd hope not... or I'd be asking what you do in your spare time and why you'd have to be digging graves."

He laughed lightly, "Yeah, yeah..."

"Just say something quick about him." She suggested.

"Alright." Alan said, "Well, he was a good, uh, person... I guess... I mean he helped us fix this magic problem, helped us out when we needed him... and... uh..."

"He saved your butt didnt he?" Kyra raised an eyebrow, though a smile tugged at the corner of her lips.

"Oh yeah... and he saved my life, i guess... and my umm, blood line?" He looked at her but she just shrugged, "Yeah, my blood line from getting cursed... I guess."

"All in all, great guy... Died for good reasons." Kyra summed up.

"Yeah."

The two looked down at the coffin they'd just stuck in the ground.

"Okay, not going to bury its self." She said standing.

The two took up their shovels again and then started putting the dug out dirt back over the hole. When they finished they stood in front of the grave for a moment.

"So he can, move on right?" She looked at Alan, "Now that we buried him?"

"Yeah... that's what he said at least." Alan nodded slowly, "He said as long as you've got nothing to do in this world any more, and as long as you're given a good burial, you can move on to wherever."

"Good." Kyra said, "He deserves it."

"Yeah..."

"Go home?" She tilted her head at him, "Or do you want a minute?"

"Uh... you can go back to the car... just give me a second?" He looked at her.

She nodded, "Alright. I'll take these... back." She yanked his shovel from him and smiled, "Dont argue with me."

He closed him mouth before he said anything and then watched her walk back toward the car. He smiled softly and then turned to the grave again. Duncan was sitting on the grave marker smiling at him.

"You didnt have to..." He said.

Alan smiled and put his unbroken hand in his pocket, "Hey, you deserve it. You didnt have to warn me about all that stuff..."

"Your arm is broken."

Alan shrugged him off, "I can deal with it. Its almost healed, and it felt to stiff anyway."

Duncan chuckled, "Take care of that girl of yours. She's pretty loyal if she'd show up in the middle of that crap and save your butt."

"If she doesnt kill me, I will." Alan grinned.

"Tell her I said hey?"

"Alright."

He pushed himself off the grave stone and floated a little in front of Alan and smiled, "You're a great guy Alan... keep that in mind." He tapped the side of his head, "There aren't a lot of guys around like you anymore."

Alan laughed a little, "Thanks Duncan. I'll see you again, eventually."

"I dont want to see you to soon though." Duncan grinned, "Too soon and I'll send you back."

"Alright, alright... Not to soon. I got it." Alan smiled, "Dont worry anyway... if I leave to soon, she'll bring me back and kill me"

"Good!" Duncan nodded, "I'll see you Alan... eventually."

"Eventually." Alan agreed, "...Eventually."

Duncan smiled at him, and then slowly faded away like smoke in a wind. Soon, Alan was simply standing alone in front of his grave. He looked down at the grave stone: Duncan Daniel Lock 1994-2013. Someone to not be forgotten, and will not be forgotten.

Alan looked up and over his shoulder and smiled when he heard his car horn; she could only wait so long. He smiled and turned away from the grave and headed back down the pathway to where Kyra was waiting for him.

His senior year was ending, his senior year was so far from normal... he wouldnt have had it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I FREAKING FINISHED A STORY!!
Dudes, happiness XD !
c: anyway~ I hoped you all liked it.
I actually do like how this came out
And ended. (: Glade I finished it...

- Little Archer