Status: The past is but a bittersweet love song that humms when you close your eyes and remember how you change...

The Past is but Bittersweet..

Paris, and her Companion

Katherine was falling in love. Here she was in Paris.

The beautiful landscape took her breath away. She walking through the garden when she remembered the noble lady she was summoned to meet for tea. She quickened her pace a little more. When she got to the inner garden she noticed that it was a tea party she had been invited to be at.

Katherine said hello to the hostess then allowed her to be formally introduced to the other nobles. Smiling and curtsying as were her courtesy to do so.

Then when she had a moment to herself she went to nearly empty table sitting to drink a cup of tea. She gazed at a woman from afar trying too hard at laughing at a man's not funny joke.

" She must be a strumpet for trying too hard." Katherine said low enough that no one but a vampire could hear. Sipped her tea.

" I agree." Katherine heard the lady sitting at the same table said.

" I meant her laughter is like that of one." Katherine tried to smile at the lady reconstructing herself.

" You need not pretend that I didn't hear. I said that I agreed."

Katherine interested smiled at her warmly. Both ladies noticed another from afar calling to Katherine companion.

" I'll be a moment." She waved back to the lady.

They both stood holding their parasols.

" I have an invitation I would like to give you. It will be a grand occasion of sorts. Miss.."

" Katherine Pierce miss." She curtsied.

" Miss Katherine Pierce. I do hope that you will come. I find I may be bored without you."

When woman could wait no longer for her charge to come along she came up to them. Motioned for her to hurry.

"I did not get your name miss."

The lady smiled at Katherine. " It is Miss Mikaelson."

" Mikaelson.."

" So you've heard of my name good. I'm Rebekah. Miss Katerina Petrova."

" So you knew who I was all along. Tell me what is it that you want from me."

"I told you the good graces of your company. And a little help with something. Do come to the party otherwise I would not want..." She leaned in close.

" I will come." Katherine said quickly.

" You learn fast." Rebekah smiled pleased at her response.

" I've had practiced." Katherine breathed.

" Just to be sure I wouldn't want Nik to know where you are. Do bring a date that is if you can on short notice. If not I'm sure I can procure you one if needed you could be my brother's date."

" That will not be necessary for I am sure that I will find one at the party."

Rebekah laughed delighted. " Oh Katerina we are sure to have fun together. I will see you then." Rebekah laughed ordering her chaperone to leave with her.

Katherine thought about leaving but remembering then she would have three Originals coming after her and decided it might not be worth it. Then she remembered Rebekah saying her brother would be there. Katherine smiled thinking it could only be one brother since Rebekah said she didn't want Niklaus to find her and wanted her help with something.
♠ ♠ ♠
In 15th Century Katerina has fled from Niklaus. After she meets Pearl in Asia and they become friends.

She brings Niklaus to Greece confronts him, has spell cast on herself, and leaves for Paris in hopes to start over. There she runs into another Mikaelson. Her view of being a vampire changes for her.

Song inspired this drabble.

Carry On - Fun

I find it interesting that Rebekah was not surprise to hear Katerina name. These are the Paris drabbles.

I don't own Vampire Diaries. But I love to write about The Originals and Katherine.

My twitter fairysbutterfly or MissesPierce

Please leave comments love to hear from you. Hope you enjoy it.