‹ Prequel: City Lights
Sequel: Eternally Yours
Status: Completed! Leave comments!

Destroy Everything

10. So Happy Together

I woke up with arms around me and I could feel skin to skin contact. I turned around and saw Devin laying there still sleeping. fuck I slowly unwrapped his arms from me and stood up, pulling the sheets with me. I walked around collecting my clothes then getting new ones and walked into the bathroom.

"Are you okay, PG?" I heard Devin ask softly. I shrugged before closing the door to the bathroom, turning the water on and then letting the sheet fall from my grip. I stepped inside and let the water run down my body. Why did I let last night happen? I’ve got myself in deep. What if Devin wants more? I like him but he’s not Chris and I’m just not over him yet nor will I be. I have to talk with Devin and Chris must never know about what happened last night between Devin and I.

“Phoenix. Are you sure you are okay?” Devin asked after knocking on the door of the bathroom. I ran my hands through my wet hair, nodding then realizing he couldn’t see me.

“I’m fine, Devin. I’m just really tired.” I said before shutting the shower off and climbing out of the shower. I went to reach for my towel and slipped, falling down with a loud thud.

“What the fuck was that? Phoenix, what happened?” Devin asked hitting the door. I hit my head on the edge of the sink while landing on my arm.

“Ow.” I said a little too loud. Devin opened the door and I was just laying there, naked. I quickly covered up but he only smiled.

“You hit your head pretty good.” He said lightly pressing on my wound. I shrugged.

“I’ll live.” I said. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against my forehead. I turned away.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“Last night…last night should have never happened, Devin. I shouldn’t of let it happen.” I said. His smile disappeared.

“Why? Last night was perfect.” He said. I shook my head.

“No, it wasn’t. I fucking ruined everything. Chris…did you know Chris is here, in Huntington Beach?” I asked. He looked away.

“Ricky told me when we were getting ready to go out and eat. I…wait, how do you know?” Devin asked. I looked down at my hands.

“When I went outside to get some air last night, he showed up. We talked.” I paused to look at Devin. He was shaking his head.

“He wants you back, doesn’t he?” Devin asked. I looked away. I couldn’t even look at him. I figured he’d stand up, walk out and never speak to me again but he helped me to my feet and grabbed the towel. I wrapped it around me and looked up. He was staring at me. I wanted to look away but I couldn’t. Without saying a word, he grabbed my face and our lips smashed together. By the time I really could register what had happen his lips left mine, leaving me breathless and he was out of the bathroom. I walked out bathroom and saw him putting his clothes on as he found them.

“Are you mad, Devin?” I asked.

“Am I suppose to be mad, Phoenix?” He asked. I shrugged.

I’m more upset than mad. What makes you think he won’t hurt you again, PG? Are you really going to throw away something with me just to get hurt again?” Devin asked.

“Do we even have anything, Devin? Do we or are we just each other rebound?” I asked. Devin face went blank. He didn’t show any emotions. He shook his head.

“I’ll see you around when we get back.” He said before walking out the door, slamming as it shut. I sat down on the bed slowly.

“Phoenix, are you okay?” I heard Jess asked. I looked up and saw Jess and Ricky standing there. I shook my head before standing up and walking to the bathroom. I pulled my clothes on. I finished doing everything and walked out of the bathroom.

“What the fuck is going on? Devin came into the other room and was throwing his shit around and into his suitcase. Did you do something?” Ricky asked. I nodded.

“I fucked up, okay. I told you all I am a fuck up.” I said.

“What happened?” Jess asked.

“Devin and I…we had sex last night. I didn’t want to get involved with him like that because Chris…he is here and…fuck.” I said. I couldn’t even finish what I wanted to say.

“Chris wants you back, doesn’t he?” Ricky asked. I nodded.

“Yes, but I told him that he had to break up with Nikki before I could be with him and I had to end whatever was happening between Devin and I but I fucked up. We had sex and I shouldn’t have let it get that far.” I said.

“I just...I think we all need to go back to Scranton.” Ricky said. I nodded in agreement. We packed up and booked our flights. Devin and I didn’t speak at all on the car ride to the airport. We walked through the airport and I heard someone shout my name. I looked around and saw Chris there. I just stood there as he walked up to me, pulling me into a hug.

“I have great news.” He whispered. I nodded.

“I broke up with Nikki. Out of rage, she spat out saying that she lied and that the baby isn’t mine. I’m kind of bummed because though I didn’t want to ever be a father, I was growing to like the idea.” He said.

“Did she say who’s the father is?” I asked.

“She isn’t sure who the father is but she know it’s not mine.” He said grabbing my face and kissing me forcefully. He pulled away and was smiling like crazy. I looked around and saw Devin, Ricky, and Jess staring at us. Chris grabbed my hand and we walked towards the others.

“Are you two together again?” Jess asked. I looked up at Chris, who was smiling wider now. He nodded. I looked anywhere but at the three standing in front of me. Devin walked off and Jess went after him. Ricky just stood there until our flight was called. I was sat next to Devin the whole flight. I stood up to use the restroom. I was washing my hands when someone knocked on the door.

“I’m almost done.” I said.

“Let me in.” Devin said. I unlocked the door and he slipped inside. He just stood there blocking the door after he locked it. He grabbed my face with one hand and wrapped the other arm around my waist, lifting me up and making me wrap my legs around his waist. His lips brushed against mine but never fully pressing against mine. He leaned in close to my ear. I could feel his hot breath on my ear.

“He might be good for a while but you’ll miss me, Phoenix Gibson.” He said biting my ear before letting me down, reaching behind him and unlocking the door and he was gone just like that. I splash some water on my face then went out and sat back down. We arrived at the airport and I wanted to get away from Devin.

“I’ll see you later.” Chris said pulling me into a hug and kissing the top of my head.

“See you later, Chris.” I said. He smiled as he, Ricky, and Devin went one way and Jess and I went another way. Jess never spoke to me all the way home. I fucked shit up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

They are back together. What do you think will happen though?