‹ Prequel: City Lights
Sequel: Eternally Yours
Status: Completed! Leave comments!

Destroy Everything

12. This Is a Mess

“Are you out of your fucking mind?” Jess shouted as she came barging into my room this morning. I am so glad that Chris wasn’t in bed with me because I didn’t want to lie to him.

“What the fuck is your problem?” I asked sitting up.

“All I have to say is don’t fuck with either of their hearts, PG. This is possibly the stupidest thing I’ve ever known for you were doing. Just please be careful. I’ve lost…”Jess stopped talking and turned to walk out. I jumped out of my bed.

“You’ve lost what, Jess? What is going on with you?” I asked. Jess shook her head before tears began to fall down her face.

“Ricky. I lost Ricky.” She cried. I pulled her into a hug as we sank to the floor.

“What happened?” I asked.

“He’s ex-girlfriend is back in town, I guess. She wanted to meet up with him and have a good time last night. I didn’t talk to him. I called his phone and she fucking answered.” Jess said.

“I’m sure nothing happened between them.” I said.

“It doesn’t matter because I told her to tell him that our relationship was over. I screwed up so much.” She said. I pulled her into a hug. I didn’t know what to say to make her feel better.

“Jess, please. You have to at least let him talk. You don’t know what happened between those two. Nothing could have happened. They could have been just talking.” I said.

“Yeah right. They’d be using their mouths but not for fucking talking.” She cried. I pulled her tighter into me and tried to calm her down.

“Quit thinking like that.” I said. There was a knock on the door but we didn’t move from our spot. Two minutes later, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I dug it out of my pocket and saw it was a text from Chris.

Are you home or have you went out already with Allie?

“So the plan is that you are pretending to hang out with Allie tonight?” Jess asked. I nodded.

“Chris did a very dick thing, he doesn’t deserve this. Devin is a nice guy and he also doesn’t deserve this. Please promise me that if you happen to pick Chris over Devin then leave on good terms with Devin, the same goes for Chris.” Jess said wiping her eyes and we stood up. I nodded.

“I didn’t even want to do this. I’m happy with Chris but Devin is convinced that Chris is a dick even though they are not only band mates but best friends.” I said. Jess nodded pulling me into a hug before disappearing into her room. I walked to the door to let Chris in. I opened the door and he pulled me into hug so tightly I thought he was going to break me.

“What is going on?” I asked after he released me. He looked at me and kissed me harshly on the lips.

“I wanted to visit for a little bit before you go tonight.” Chris said. I nodded before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards my room.

“I’m going to shower real fast. “ I said leaning down and kissing Chris as he laid on my bed. I went into the bathroom and after collecting my clothes. I showered and did all my bathroom things before walking back into my room and saw Chris texting someone. I was curious who he text but that’s the girlfriend in me. I remember that Devin was to pick me up here. Chris was here. I needed to work something out. I walked back into the bathroom and sent a text to Devin telling him that Chris was here and what I should do. Two minutes later, my phone rang. It was Devin.

“Hey Allie, what’s going on tonight?” I asked just to make sure that Chris didn’t find out anything.

“Tell Chris that you are meeting Allie at her place and if Chris follows then Allie will personally beat him up.” Devin said.

“You have this all planned out, don’t you?” I asked.

“Of course I do. I’ll see you soon.” He said before he hung up. I walked back into my room and Chris was standing over by my computer desk.

“I was suppose to tell you that I’m meeting Allie at her place and if you follow then she’ll personally beat you up.” I laughed. Chris looked over at me. He looked angry.

“Are you okay?” I asked walking over to him.

“I’m good. Shouldn’t you be going now?” He asked. I nodded.

“If you need me just call me.” I said. He turned around and pulled me into a hug.

“I’m just going to hang out with Jess for a while, is that okay with you?” Chris said. I nodded.

“Of course, Chris.” I said. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine much like when he got here.

“I have a good time…” Chris paused as he walked towards Jess’s door. He knocked on her door then looked back at me.

“Oh, and I know what you are doing tonight, Phoenix Gibson.” Chris finished what he said. Jess opened the door and they exchanged some words and Jess let Chris in her room. It felt like my stomach dropped to the floor and my heart leaped out of my chest. I was fucked. I was really worried about what Chris and Jess were going to do. Jess was vulnerable and Chris…well he can be a dick and he could do something like use Jess to hurt me. I think too much. I walked out regardless of the situation. I walked about a block before I heard a honk. I looked over and saw Devin in his car. He stopped the car and got out.

“You look beautiful, PG.” He said. I shook my head.

“I think this is a mistake, Devin. Chris knows. “I said. Devin put his finger over my lips as to shush me.

“Everything will be okay. Aren’t we still friends? Can’t we still hang out?” Devin asked.

“I guess you are right. It’s just…Jess and Ricky are having trouble. Chris is hanging out with Jess and she’s vulnerable. I’m worried that Chris will take advantage of Jess to hurt me in the end.” I said.

“Aren’t you kind of doing the same, PG?” Devin asked. I just stood there. A few minutes later, Devin was pulling me along around the car and to the passenger seat. I slid into the seat and my knee began to bounce of nervousness. This was a mistake. I can feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits

Enjoy!