‹ Prequel: City Lights
Sequel: Eternally Yours
Status: Completed! Leave comments!

Destroy Everything

4. The First Kiss

I woke up and was sleeping on something lumpy but oddly comfortable. I opened my eyes and saw I was laying on Devin. I felt him kiss the top of my head. I lifted my head to look at him. He was smiling.

“Good morning, PG. How’d you sleep?” Devin asked.

“I slept quite amazing, actually. How’d you sleep?” I asked. I honestly didn’t want to move but I didn’t know if I was hurting Devin. I went to stand up but Devin grabbed me and pulled me back down then cuddled up behind me. I smiled. He was being awfully friendly to me. I reached towards the table and turn the television on. I was still tired. I wasn’t really paying attention to what was on the television. I was mainly paying attention to the breathing Devin was doing that I could feel on my neck.

“You have today off?” Devin asked softly.

“Yes, actually I have today and tomorrow off.” I said.

“Well, do you have anything planned for today?” He asked.

“No, if anything it would be just to hang out with Jess and Ricky which probably would have been awkward.” I said. He laughed.

“Well we should sleep a little more then go eat. I’m still tired.” Devin said. I nodded. My eyes slowly closed. I fell asleep smiling.

“What the fuck is this?” I heard someone shout. I jumped up and Devin jumped as well. I looked at Devin and remember what happened earlier. I looked around and saw Chris and Nikki standing there.

“We must have fallen asleep again.” Devin said. I laughed not thinking anything about it. I looked at Chris and he was furious. I stood up.

“What’s it to you anyways, Christopher? Devin is my friend. You have a girlfriend.” I said. Chris glared at Devin and I. All Devin and I did was fall asleep together. Nothing happened and Chris is being a little bitch about it.

“As soon as I break up with you, you just have to find the first person that gives you attention and fuck them.” Chris shouted. I was furious.

“Fuck you, Christopher Cerulli. Devin is my friend and I was hanging out with him. We only fell asleep by each other. That’s it but it shouldn’t even matter to you. You broke up with me. You don’t get a say in who I can and can’t be friends with or who I date.” I said. I glanced at Nikki, who was glaring at me. I shook my head.

“I knew moving here would be the biggest regret of my life. I think I’m going to move back to California.” I said grabbing my phone off the table, walking around Nikki and Chris and out the door without saying bye to Devin. I wanted five blocks until I got to Jess and I’s place. I slammed the door shut and walked loudly through the apartment to my room.

“What is going on?” Jess asked. I looked up and saw Ricky and her standing there. I rolled my eyes.

“Fuck Chris mother fucking Motionless.” I said grabbing my suitcase.

“Wait. What? Where are you going? What did he do?” Jess asked. I walked over to my dresser and yanking my clothes out.

“I’m leaving. I can’t be here anymore. I’m going back to California. He accused me of fucking around with Devin just because he pretty much broke into Devin’s place and Devin and I were asleep on the couch together. Nothing happened between us.” I said.

“Please don’t go, PG. If you go then I have no one and I hate being alone in a place.” Jess said. I looked up at her and tears were falling down her face. I felt bad because I didn’t want to leave her. I just couldn’t deal with Chris.

“You can get Ricky to move in here with you. You won’t be alone.” I said. She shook her head.

“No, you are my best friend. Please, Phoenix. How about…How about you and I…we just go on a vacation away from here. For however long you want. “Jess said being very stubborn.

“What about Ricky?” I asked.

“I…I don’t know.” She said looking back at Ricky, who just stood there.

“How about we spend a few weeks out in California?” I asked. She smiled.

“That sounds wonderful. When shall we leave?” She asked. I looked back at Ricky.

“Is this week good for you, Ricky?” I asked. He looked up.

“What?” He asked.

“You are coming with us. You’re one of my best guy friends. It’ll be fun.” I said. He shrugged.

“I guess, we can do something like that. Monday sound okay?” Ricky asked. I nodded. Jess smiled.

“We could ask Devin if he wants to go with us?” Jess asked.

“Ask me if I want to go where?” I heard Devin ask. I look at the door and saw Devin standing behind Ricky. Ricky turned around, doing a bro-shake-hug with Devin.

“We’re going to Huntington Beach for a few weeks, just to get away. You want to go?” Ricky asked. Devin looked at me, smiled then shrugged.

“Sure, it’ll be good to get away from Pennsylvania.” Devin said. We all nodded.

“Is it just going to be us four?” He asked.

“Yeah, I think it would be rude if we invited the others and not Chris.” I said. They looked at me.

“I might dislike Chris but yeah, I don’t know.” I said, shrugging. Jess laughed, walking over to Ricky, grabbing his hand and they both walked away, leaving Devin and I in silence. He walked into my room.

“Are you going to be okay?” He asked, pulling me into a hug. I nodded as he released me from the hug.

“Yeah, I nearly left but Jess cried and so I’m staying because I can’t leave her.” I said. He smiled.

“I’m glad you aren’t leaving, PG.” He said. I looked up at him, smiling. He leaned down, pressing his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as the kiss deepened. We pulled away from each other. He was smiling the biggest smile I’ve seen him wear.

“You’re beautiful.” He said. I shrugged, pulling away from him and walking around my room. What did that kiss mean?
♠ ♠ ♠
What does the kiss mean? What is going to happen between Devin and Phoenix? Thanks for all the comments. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I get writer's block for a couple of weeks. This chapter took me at least three days. :(