‹ Prequel: City Lights
Sequel: Eternally Yours
Status: Completed! Leave comments!

Destroy Everything

7. Huntington Beach

Chris’s POV

We almost lost Phoenix tonight. xxJess

I was reading this over and over again. Why? What happened? No one was answering my calls. I went over to their place but no one was there. Jess’s car was there but no one answered the door. I was literally getting sick with the worrying. I went over to Ryan’s to try and get my mind off of everything.

“We should call up Ricky and Devin.” I said. Ricky was staying with Devin to finish up some guitar stuff. Ryan looked at me then shrugged. I dug my phone out of my pocket. I called Devin, no answer. I called Ricky, no answer.

“Hey man, do you know where Jess or Phoenix are? I tried calling them but no one answered and Ricky nor Devin are answering. Do you know something?” I asked.

“Naw, man. I’ve been hanging out with Abbey.” He said.

“I’m going to go over to Devin’s.” I said standing up and walking out the door. I drove for twenty minutes and pulled up to Devin’s place. I knocked on the door but no answer. Devin’s car is here. Something is going on. My phone started ringing.

“Hello.” I answered frustrated.

“Babe, are you okay?” Nikki asked. I groaned.

“I’m fine. Are you okay?” I asked.

“I’m alright. I miss you. California is beautiful.” She said.

“Yeah, California is a beautiful place. Where at in California are you?” I asked.

“Why? Going to surprise me by showing up? I’m in Huntington Beach.” Nikki asked.

“You never know what I’m going to do.” I said getting back into my car.

“Where are you heading to?” She asked.

“I’m trying to find Ricky and Devin but I can’t find them and they aren’t answering their phones.” I said.

“Awe, well babe, I’m sure they’re just busy.” Nikki said.

“Sure, I’ve got to go. I’ll call you later.” I said hanging up before she could answer. I know that I shouldn’t treat her like that since she’s carrying my kid. I decided to check out twitter.

Much needed hang time with the fabulous @PhoenixGibson, @OhDangJess, @rickyhorrorxx, & @lonesomeghost. - @teoutd

There was a photo attached to the tweet as well. They were on the beach. So they left Pennsylvania. Where were they? I saw a tweet from Matt Leone.

Always a good hang with @PhoenixGibson. Great to meet @OhDangJess, @rickyhorrorxx, & @lonesomeghost.

I was furious. How could they just leave like that? What if we had an emergency band meeting or something? I called Ricky’s phone but it went to voicemail.
“Hey man, I know you are in California. I saw the tweets. Why have you been ignoring me? You and Devin both. What’s up?” I left him the voicemail. I really wanted to curse him out because I was pissed. I decided to called Jess. I was thinking of something to say to the voicemail when she actually answered.

“Hello.” Jess answered.

“Jess? Jess, it’s Chris. Where are you all at? Why did you just leave like that? What happened to Phoenix?” I asked.

“Oh fuck, Chris. Hey. I can’t say. I’m sorry. I really need to go. I shouldn’t have sent that text. You two aren’t together and it’s none of your business what happens to PG.” Jess said.

“Bullshit, Jessica. You fucking tell me where the hell you all are? It is my business because even though we aren’t together, Phoenix and I are still friends and I still fucking care about her. What the hell was that text message about, Kurily?” I asked. Jess took a deep breath.

“Let me go somewhere else.” Jess said. I heard some shuffling around then a door close.

“Listen, Chris. Phoenix just needed time away. She was going to leave Scranton but I convinced her to just go on vacation. You really fucked her up by dumping her like you did. She didn’t need that and she didn’t need you barging into Devin’s house accusing them two of fucking around. You and PG aren’t together anymore. If she wants to be with Devin, let her. You are with Nikki. You are having a baby with Nikki. You let Phoenix go. You don’t get to say who or who doesn’t come and go into her life. Even when you two were dating, you still didn’t but you know what I mean. We’re in Huntington Beach. I text you last night because it was the scariest thing I’ve ever been a part of. “Jess said.

“What happened? Is Phoenix alright?” I asked.

“She is now. Phoenix, Teo, Matty, Luca, Charlie, and I all went to Johnny’s Bar. You know, Phoenix doesn’t drink but as soon as a certain person walked into the bar she was downing Jack and Coke left and right. She got so wasted.” Jess said.

“Who walked into the bar, Jess?” I asked.

“Max Green. I won’t go into detail about that because it’s not my place to say anything about what happened between Max and PG but when we got back to the hotel room. Thanks to Teo and Matty. Phoenix went into the bathroom to change. We heard glass break and PG started saying how fucked up she is and everything. It really scared me. I couldn’t call you to have you come and calm her because you know you are in Scranton and her uncle was on tour with Taking Back Sunday so I called Austin Carlile. He rushed right over here and we got her out of the bathroom and in bed. She fell asleep. Last night was so scary, Chris.” She said.

“I’m sorry. I fucked everything up.” I said.

“You didn’t. You’re just doing what you think is best for your kid but don’t marry Nikki just because you two are having a baby. Don’t marry someone you don’t love.” She said. I nodded though she couldn’t see me.

“I don’t love Nikki. I don’t. I’m just looking out for this kid. Once the baby is born then Nikki and I are going to talk about some arrangements.” I said.

“I have to go. PG is knocking on the door. She finally woke up.” Jess said.

“Okay. Thank you for everything, Jess. Goodbye.” I said.

“Yeah, see you.” She said then she hung up. I have to go to Huntington Beach. I have to make sure Phoenix is okay. I have to make sure my Phoenix is okay. She’s always going to be mine. I can’t lose her.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY!!! An update. Sorry for the wait.
Enjoy it.