Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

And the Fry Flies!

I followed Kevin into the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que restaurant. It was crowded but the waitress said, "Follow me boys."

"I thought we were going for breakfast," I said, joking.

"Bar-B-Que is good for breakfast," Kevin joked.

We laughed as we approached the table where Luke, Mark, Patrick and Matt sat. "Enjoy guys. Can I get you something to drink?" the waitress asked.

I took my seat next to Luke and we recited our drink orders to the waitress. The song Kiss Me by Six Pence None The Richer came on and Luke said, "What's with the 90's songs?"

I looked at Luke and said, "Well, you and I we are 90's kids..."

Luke slapped me in the back of the head. "I'm serious," Luke said. "Before this song it was Everybody by The Backstreet Boys and then before that it was Tearin' Up My Heart by NSYNC. It's annoying."

I was looking at the menu when I heard, "Adams, party of two. Your table is ready."

Pretty soon I seen the older waitress appear with Anna next to her. It looked like she was describing something. Kelly patted her arm and they were guided to a table next to ours.

Luke pushed my arm and said very loudly, "It's Anna!"

Anna looked at us and laughed, bringing herself out of the funk she was in. Kevin looked at me and then looked at Anna. "That her?" he mouthed and I nodded.

She sat down with Kelly and Patrick looked at her. He leaned over and said, "She is good looking Brayden."

I looked at him and said, "Shhhh, she may hear you."

Patrick looked at her and went to say something. I jumped up, knocked the ketchup bottle over, covering his mouth. Anna and Kelly looked up at us and just laughed.

*************************

After the waitress brought us our food, we started to eat. Luke looked over at Anna who was saying something to Kelly and he picked up a french fry and threw it at her. It bounced off her head and fell by her fork.

We all looked down at our plates and she looked at us. "Don't look over there," Luke hissed as he uncapped the ketchup bottle.

As soon as he did, I looked at her and she heaved the fry back at Luke. It landed in the ketchup bottle and Patrick was taking a drink as it happened. He sprayed his water out and some came out of his nose.

Anna started to laugh and gave Kelly a look. Luke looked at the fry and said, "Damn, nice shot!"

Anna smiled, stood up and curtseyed. "Thank you," she said, sitting down.

Kevin looked at me and said, "Brayden..."

"No," I responded. "I just met her yesterday."

"I don't know about you, but I think you should at least ask her to hang out or come to one of our games," Kevin said.

"I think it's a good idea," Mark said. "At least hang out with her to see how she is."

"Maybe hang out with Hannah and I," Luke said. "So she would have a girl to talk to."

"That may be a good idea," I replied. "After she is done eating."

Luke spotted the fries on her plate. "As long as she don't throw fries at me," he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. The restaurant is a real place. I passed it on my way to the Americans game. It seems like a cool place. I will work on another chapter. I have a good idea coming to do with Nathan... I don't know if I will be able to put up the new chapter tonight or not but I will work hard to do it.