Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

We all couldn't stop laughing over Anna's run by fruiting comment. It was priceless and the guy looked embarrassed. He got up, walking through the people, trying not to make eye contact with anybody with smoothie dripping off his head.

"I think he needs to go wash himself up," Patrick said. "He got himself in a sticky situation."

Anna just smirked. I looked at her and said, "You are proud of that."

She nodded and said, "Yup, I am."

In a way I had gotten myself in a sticky situation. Anna seemed like she had more to her story than she was willing to tell and it could get me into trouble but for some reason, I didn't seem to care. On the outside, she was a cool girl and on the inside she seemed like she was an amazing person.

She also had been hurt. It was easy to see and I had the urge to protect her. I knew that Luke did too and it seemed like Kevin and Patrick would be willing to help us help her.

I soon was drawn out of my thoughts when a roll hit my head. I turned around and a couple of guys turned away quickly. "Did you see who did that?" I asked everybody.

Nobody said a word. Anna got up, went to the smoothie place and calmly walked over to the guys after purchasing a smoothie. She tapped one of the guys on the shoulder and he turned to her. He soon was doused in smoothie.

She sat down and said, "Sometimes actions speak louder than words."

****************

After we were done with our drinks, Anna and Kelly got up. "I need new sneakers," Anna said. "My work sneakers are almost worn out."

"The way you have been working, I am not surprised," Kelly said. "You need to take time to yourself. I will cover a shift for you next week."

Luke poked me and said, "Now's your chance!"

I gave him a look and said, "Anna, if you want, we should hang out next week."

Anna looked at me and then Kelly. "You are doing it," Kelly said.

Luke said, "Mind if Hannah and I tag along? She could use a new friend."

Anna looked at Luke and he said, "Jennifer still isn't talking to her."

Anna nodded and said, "I guess I can. Just name the time and place."

Luke and I looked at each other. "Why don't I run that by Hannah and then we will talk about it later," he said.

Anna nodded and said, "Okay. That is fine. Kelly and I need to go. This was nice."

Luke insisted on giving her a hug and when she turned to me, I hugged her as well. She seemed relaxed and when she let go, I said, "I will still talk to you tonight."

When her and Kelly walked away, Luke looked at me and said, "She did say actions speak louder than words. She should know that you care about her now."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this story. For the past few days, I haven't been able to come up with ideas for new chapters. Hopefully tonight I will be able to. I will work hard to put up a few more chapters as well as one or two new chapters for my other story Taken From me. Have a good day!