Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Dinner And A Movie?

As soon as we were out of the guys earshot, Kelly said, "I told you so!"

I was still kinda shocked that I let Brayden hug me. The other guys not so much but with the confused feelings I have been having for Brayden it shocked me. But I loved the feeling I got when I was in his arms.

"I guess you did," I replied. "But this is too fast! I mean I have only known the guy for a day."

"Don't deny what the heart desires," Kelly said. "Just becausee one man was a prick doesn't mean they all are."

A woman walking past said, "Amen sister!"

She walked away and it was easy to see that she was very drunk. Kelly and I looked at each other and laughed. "Come on," she said. "Let's get you your work shoes."

After trying on a few pairs, I was able to get two pairs of shoes for work and because of a buy two, get one free I got a new pair of red heels.

"Come on," Kelly said. "Let's go get you some new clothes."

**************

I opened the door and Skittles rushed to greet me, meowing every step of the way. "Mommy got you some new toys too," I said to her.

I set my multiple bags down on the floor and fished out the toys. Skittles watched my every move and I stood up. I dropped the mice, multicolored balls and a few more items and she went nuts. She went every which way and I picked up my other bags.

Shopping with Kelly was exhausting but fun. In all, I ended up with five pairs of shoes, six tops, two pairs of pants and three skirts for less than three hundred. Kelly was a bargain shopper and even though I wasn't hard up for money, I loved being able to get more clothes for less.

I turned my computer on, checked my e-mail and then checked Facebook. When I seen nothing of my interest, I took my clothes, tore off the tags and threw them in the washer. I stretched and then put my pajama shorts on and then gathered the rest of the clothes from the dryer.

I dumped the clothes on my bed and my Skype dinged at me. I pushed my computer back and seen it was Luke. I answered and said, "Hey Luke."

I started to fold my clothes and he said, "Hey, I just talked to Hannah and she thinks it would be fun to go see Safe Haven next week when we all have a night off. Brayden and I have practice on Friday afternoon but how about dinner and a movie Friday night?"

I nodded and said, "Safe Haven is a really good book. I think that sounds wonderful!"

"Alright, then it's a a date!" Luke said, giving me a thumbs up.

I laughed and said, "Has anybody ever told you that you were a dork?"

He smiled and said, "Everyday!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this chapter. A tidbit about Safe Haven, I came up with the idea for this story while sitting in the movie theater watching it so if you have seen it, you may see some references. Enjoy!