Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

I Told You!

We waited 15 minutes and our food was soon being brought to the table by the older waitress. She smiled and said, "My name is Kelly. Anna is on a personal call at the moment."

She gave us our food and said, "Anna will be out soon to check on you."

She winked at me as she walked away and I turned to Luke. "Did you see that?" I asked Luke.

"See what?" he asked, biting into his burger.

"Kelly winked at me!" I said, smacking his arm. "I told you she heard!"

"How do you know?" Luke asked, picking his burger up again. "It could be because she has the hots for you."

"Haha Luke," I said. "Real funny!"

"Just eat your steak and don't worry," he said, pushing my knife towards me.

I picked it up and cut into my steak. "I'm sorry," I heard Anna say. "Needed to check in with someone. Can I get you guys anything?"

Luke looked at me with a piece of lettuce hanging out of the corner of his mouth. I looked at Anna out of the corner of my eye and seen her smirking. Luke pulled the lettuce from his lip and set it on the plate. "Nope, we're good," I said.

"Alright," she said. "I will be back later."

******************************

"And then he went up and over!" I said, laughing. "He couldn't believe he was shoved over the fence."

The guys laughed as I recounted what I had seen today, a man getting shoved over a fence by a pregnant lady. "He couldn't believe she was so strong!" Matt commented, pushing his plate away.

We laughed and then we heard a girl laughing. I looked up to see Anna talking to Kelly and realized it was Anna laughing with a nice laugh. She made arm motions and I said, "Wonder what she's laughing about."

"I don't know," Mark said. "Ask her!"

"No, I am not gonna ask her," I said.

"Just like you are not going to give her your number," Luke said.

"I just met her," I said. "We don't know her."

Luke gave me a look and I said, "We don't know if she is interested in guys either. She could be on our team."

The two tables near us got up and left. As they left, Kelly and Anna came to clear off the tables. "On a 1 to 10 scale, how do you rate Paul Walker?" Kelly asked Anna.

"I rate him a perfect 100!" Anna said. "Duh!"

Kelly laughed and Luke gave me a look. "Okay, I get it," I said. "She's on the right team."

Luke laughed and said, "I could have told you that."

**********************

After we paid our bills and left our tips, we got up and left. We walked out and as I looked back, I seen Anna pick up a piece of paper and then blush. I looked at Luke and said, "What did you do?"

"What you were too scared to do," he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
I may add another chapter tonight. If not, I will update when I can. I don't have internet at home and I am not home at the moment. I may be able to update once a week and maybe multiple chapters at a time. Just wanted to give a heads up.