The Boy Who Could Fly

True friends

"Vic" I was in a dark room alone when I saw him come out from the shadows into view. He was wearing that blank face full of boredom. It scared me a bit, but I knew he could help me. I held a hand out but he just walked back two steps.
"Stay away from me Kellin" his voice was dead, no emotion just like his face.
"What?"
"Stay away from me you whore."
"Vi-"
"Don't talk to me! You fucked all of them just like the dirty whore you are!" His voice grew louder as he accused me of being all sorts of things. I had to look down at my feet, I couldn't look into his eyes as yelled at me. It felt like I just got stabbed, each word drawing the blade deeper and twisting it inside of me. I
"You are not my son." My head shot up and there he was. Vic had been joined by my father, both now stabbing me all over just like pins to a voodoo doll.
"You should have died."
"Pathetic little boy."
"Piece of shit son you were!"
"Faggot"
"Fucking little bitch, no wonder he died, it's all your fault.
"Useless" I couldn't take it anymore, at first it was just the two talking down at me. Now I heard echoes from kids in Michigan who use to bully me. I could already imagine all their faces; giving me the names they called me by, blaming me for Mitch'a death, telling me I was the one who should be dead. And right now.. I wished I was. All of a sudden I felt something touch my shoulder, but I flipped shit before realizing what was happening. Everything around me went pitch black and I began to hear other noises. Beeping and breathing was I coul make out.
"JUST DO IT ALREADY!"
"Do what?" A voice asked over the darkness. Out came Ronnie and another guy I had never seen with a ghost tattoo covering the side of his neck. Both had crooked smiles an their eyes.. The look of it was terrifying to me.
"kill me." It was barely a whisper, but I suddenly was shaking and everything came into view again. No more darkness or faces this time.
"Kellin calm down!" My eyes began to flutter open at the sight of white walls and bright lights over me and coming from the window, forcing my eyes shut.
"Wake up Kellin please." I could feel Justin at my side shaking me.
"Lights." I muttered. I waited and slowly lifted my left eye lid up just a bit before opening both eyes and taking my surroundings more. I realized why there was a beeping and the walls were so white. I was hooked up to a heart monitor and other weird machinery. My hand had a needle taped on my skin piercing a long thick needle down on it. I lifted the other to to run it and felt I had some type of tubes on my face around my nose.. And that arm felt weird an heavy.. What the fuck was I doing here at the Hospital?

"Wha-What happened?" I sounded so exhausted and tired, I was.
"You've been here for a few days baby, the police found you and you were rushed here. Oh Kellin what did they do to you." My mother was holding in tears, I could tell from her hitched breathing she was trying really hard not to cry right now. She was wearing her pearls and her favorite sundress. White with blue roses. I turned and Justin was sitting on a brown chair next to me, wearing all black and an his Harry Potter "muggle" crew neck I had gotten him the other day.
"Who are they?" I finally realized she said "they", but who was she talking about?
"Oh Kellin you don't remember?"
"Remember what?" I felt a bit scared, I didn't remember anything that could possible lead to this. At this the door was opened an in came a youg doctor with another short man. Looking at the badge and gun he was trying to hide under his suit kea let, he was a detective. What the fuck?
"Glad to see you awake Mr. Bo-"
"It's Quinn." My mother snapped.
"Oh sorry, Quinn.. Quite a mess you had, but now I see you're better." He talked like this were something he knew by heart to tell all patients, not even giving effort to pretend to actually give a single fuck.
"Good afternoon my name is Detective Castiel. Mr... Quinn, I'd like to ask you a few question if you don't mind." I nodded to give him the go, he held out his small note pad and got ready to ask questions an get notes from me.
"Before we start, can someone please tell me what's happening."
"You don't remember?"
"Uh- no shit." I was tired of the talking.
"Mr. Quinn, you were kidnapped and almost killed last week." Shock would not even begin to express the feeling I have right now.
"Son are you alright?" I heard my mother at my side taking my hand. Making me jump a little and face her.
"I'm fine." I said as I gave her hand a squeeze.
"One question before I leave. Do you have any idea who or why any one would do this to you?"
"Nope.. Not here, I don't think I did anything to make someone wanna kill me."
"A righty then. If you have any information or need something, here's my card." He handed it and made his way out the door. The doctor followed and left us three alone.
"Get some rest mom." I begged her, she looked like she hadn't slept good in days, and Justin had bags under his eyes, he could keep his eyes open for even a minute.
"I'll see you later Kellin." My mother gave me a peck in my head and walked out. I didn't want her to leave, but I felt too tired to beg her to stay.
"Hope you get better Kell, I need you." Justin got up and gave me a hug before leaving. It hurt but I ignored the feelings.
"Wait!"
"What!" He spun around and came to my side quickly.
"Has anyone said anything?"
"Not that I know of? I missed school, looking after mom and being here with you."
"Oh." I yawned.
"Get some rest." He patted my shoulder and walked out leaving me alone and feeling empty in this little room. I looked over to the monitors and sat there just trying to figure out what the fuck any of it meant. All I know is that on the screen is this sorta graph thing and a line that moves each time my heart beats, making it go "beep" each time. I looked away and sat up at the edge with my feet dangling inches from the floor. I took off the sheets from me and saw a bruise on my left leg. I raised the hospital clothing and saw more healing bruises on my thighs, my right foot bandaged so I couldn't see it. I couldn't even feel it.
After looking at my legs, I'd rather not try to peek any more where it could be worse in the rest of my body. I went to scratch my head, realized my right arm was in a cast, and dropped it down back to my side. That's why it felt so heavy, but at the same time, it wasn't.
So far from what I got told and what I saw.. I had gotten kidnapped last week and was found nearly dead..
I had bruises on my legs, bandaged right foot- which I couldn't even feel or move at all - and a cast from my elbow to my hand. Was it broken? What the fuck did they do to me?
"I got fucked up." I chuckled to myself. Guess it's a good thing I can't remember for now. I don't need to be having the memory of what ever happened haunting me for the rest of my life. So, for now, I could do with just wondering and questioning it.
"Justin?" I called out. I had to talk to him.
"Justin!" In poked in a head, Justin. He opened the door and behind him were Jesse and Jack. Then Gabe?
"Hey man what the fuck happened?"
"Dude your face!" Gabe laughed out.
"Dang they fucked you up bad Kellin, not saying it a bad way you know I was just kidding. I'm not talking about how you got "fucked" up." Jesse started stuttering the final words he blurted out.
"Wait what?" I asked him.
"No nothing man.. Just happy to see you here alive and finally awake. You sleep to much!"
"Yeah man you were knocked out for days." Jack added, taking Jesse's hand in his.
"Hey So uhm, when are you getting out?" Justin asked.
"I thought you knew?"
"Nope nope nope." He shook his head and sat on the bed.
"OUCH! Get the fuck off me!"
"Holy- oh shit I am so sorry Kellin!" He got up and saw he just sat on my foot, the bandaged one. At least I can still feel something from it.
"Uhm so Kellin, we been thinking."
"We've been practicing your song. We sound great together!"
"And we were all wondering.."
"We're in a band!" They shouted in excitement.
"Oh my god that's great man!"
"But! Before you say anything, would you be our vaocalist?" Gabe questioned giving me a pouty face. Being a singer, in front if them, on a stage, and crowds..
"I dunno guys.." I dropped my head and played with the sheets.
"Come on man you sound awesome!"
"Yeah we sent this record company a demo and they totally love you now!"
"Wait what! So they liked it? What happened tell me tell me tell me!" I was throwing my arms in the air from all the excitement. They began to tell me all these details and what the record company thought of it quoting "a unique and different sound that rose over so many other bands in the industry" whatever they meant, hopefully, was great!
"But! We told them you had an accident, and said we had to wait until you were outta here."
"So we got like a month to give them something new from us."
"What the fuck? You guys this is great! Justin I'm so proud if you." He walked up to my side and sat on the bed again making sure I wasn't under me.
"It's all thanks to you Brother."
"So Kellin? Any ideas?"
"For what?"
"A name! We gotta have a name if we're gonna be in a band!" Jesse tossed me a piece if paper with some ideas we could use. I scanned them and thought about each one, some great, others making no sense. I thought about everything we liked, random shit until.
"Ooh I got it now!
SLEEPING WITH SIRENS!" I shouted at them.
"Sleeping with sirens.." They repeated the name over and over to each other.
"All those in favor of sleeping with sirens!" Gabe said raising his voice over the others."
"Aye!" We shouted back.
"Alright we are officially sleeping with sirens! I Gabe Barham on drums."
"The one and only Jack Fowler on guitar!"
"Your favorite ginger also on guitar!"
"Justin Hills on the base!"
"And I! The one and only Kellin Quinn on the microphone singing like a little bitch and screaming in your faces.. Present to you.."
"SLEEPING WITH SIRENS!" We shouted, making complete fools of ourselves as other patients and visitors walked by the open door.
"Will your top your shenanigans! You crazy meddling idiots!" An old man rolled in the room on a wheel chair, scolding us.
"Sorry sir." He rolled his eyes at us and went away, slamming the door behind him.
"Cranky old grandpa." Jesse said under his breathe.
"Awe forget about him! Go out and celebrate." I assured them it was all fine. They deserved it, they were the ones who got us this shot with the company, not me. I warched them leave the as we said our goodbyes. I caught Justin before he could leave.
"What?" He asked.
"Where are the others? My other friends?"
"At school man. They're worried sick about you dude."
"And Vic?" He opened his mouth to say something, by shut it and took in a deep breathe through his nose.
"I haven't heard from him. He hasn't been at school. No one knows where he went."
"Was he. With me?"
"No he was the one who found out you were gone. Then he just, he disappeared." I let my face fall in my hands and tuggd at the strands of hair on my face.
"It's okay Kellin, he probably found out you're okay and is back by now. Just get some rest. Oh and I brought you your phone. If you need anything text us." He tossed the phone to my lap. But this wasn't my old phone.
"Oh yeah your mom got you a new one. Me and Justin took the liberty of putting in our numbers and getting everyone's for you. Your welcome." "Thanks."
"Kellin?" I looked at him as he closed the door behind him and walked closer to my bed.
"Di-did you mean what you said?"
"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.
"We'll before you woke up. You yelled things.. "Just do it" you shouted... Then you whispered to me that you wanted for someone to kill you?"
"I'm sorry for scaring you Justin. I was just having a terrible nightmare is all. Sorry bout that."
"It's fine Kelly. By whenever you wanna talk. I'm here for you brother." He patted my shoulders and made his way out the door.
After a few minutes of just sitting there I looked at my phone to check the time and of I had any missed calls.
"7:00" I looked outside and it was already dark. I hadn't even noticed.. I already had twenty messages from the others. Suddenly I felt the need to have them all here with me. I couldn't be left alone with my thoughts. Especially when I was now starting to feel horrible about Vic leaving. Why would he disappear like that?

Hey! When you gonna visit me! Come over sometime..

Tony:hey you're awake! On my way too the hospital!
Mike:KELLIN OH THANK GOD I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA BE VEGETABLE!!!
Jaime: hey man! Can we come now? I'll be there with Tony in a few!
Mike:DUDE! What room are you in? I'm almost there!

I read them and then more that I started to get from Hayley and Austin. Soon even Jack and Alex the couple from some of my classes got my number and sent me get well texts. I guess it a became too much when I felt my eyes water up. I let the tears all out, rolling down my cheeks and landing on the sheets.
I had friends.. Friends who talked to me and laughed with me, that cared about my life! Not bullies who would just talk down at me, spit in my face, hurt me, or laugh at me. No, all if these amazing people were my friends, caring, funny, loving friends of mine. And I had Vic. The boy who is helping me get past my self hate and issues of the past. Victor Vincent Fuentes. the boy who I was falling for. His beautiful chocolate brown eyes, perfect lips, and body of a god, all of it was him. And he was mine. I want him to be mine forever. To stay in San Diego with him and all my friends.
Tears of joy blinded my eyesight when I noticed the door open.
"Kellin!" Tony was the first to run over to my bed as I crossed my legs close to me to give them space to sit on my bed.
"Hey Ke-why are you crying?" Mike came in with a giant "get well soon" blue ballon. His smile disappeared and he grabbed my knee.
"Kellin, were here for you bro."
"It's okay guys I-I'm just happy. I've never felt so loved or cared for.. It's just alot to take in."
"Yeah especially with Vic in hiding." Jaime muttered shaking his head.
"You weren't suppose to bring him up!" Jaime's head got a smack upside the back of his head by Hayley as she walked in to join.
"Hey Kells!" She jumped on the bed at my side and laid her head on my shoulder. And hit my arm.
"Fuck!" I let out.
"Oops! Aw crap, does it hurt? Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm better now, that you're all here."
"Good to see you getting better Kellin. We thought you were gonna be like that forever." Now Austin joined us, sitting on the chair next to my bed to taking Hayley from the bed on to his lap.
"Yeah.. I'm doing great. So how's it been in the outside world?"
"Same mostly. They've been making up stories why you're here mostly I guess." Mike shrugged.
"Yeah! Like you remember when they use to say Vic was in the mafia or some shit? Kellin you weren't here- but they started saying you guys broke up and he sent people to take you down! Then they said to two were in an accident and Vic ran away since he got scared. Ooh and that you guys were fighting and he landed you here. The shit they make up!" Jaime added, making me so confused on how kids actually believed this crap! Did they honestly think any of that was true?
"So what really happened to me?"
"No one knows.. Since you can't remember and there's no evidence or suspects. There's only your wounds to tell us what happened." Tony turned away as he began to think of all of this.
"And do you guys know where Vic went?"
"Nope. My brother use to leave the house, but never this long without a call or visit. It's worse than.." His voice dropped before continuing.
"Than Cara?"
"Yeah, that thing.." He spat. I could tell even the thought or mention of her made them upset.
"Well.. If you hear anything from him, tell him I miss him."
"We'll try.." Mike squeezed my hand and got off the bed.
"It's getting late, visiting hours are almost over.. I'll see you tomorrow after school." They all came closer and gave me hugs trying not to touch my left hand or squeeze me too tight.
"What days is it?" I asked Tony. He was theist one at the door.
"Tuesday. Exactly one week since it happened to you. Kellin, I know Vic is just worried about you right now. He's needs space. Try to get better for him, for the both of you."
"Thanks Tony.." I waved him over and hugged him one more time.
"It's gonna be alright Kellin. Get some sleep.." He closed the door behind him, leaving me alone with my thoughts and the constant beeping noises. I gave out a long sigh and laid down trying to get comfortable in the hospital bed. I thought about my dreams. Some were of me and Vic in school or in my house just being together and laughing. Then there were those where I was in Michigan and my dad was trying to kill me. But the one from today was different. At first I was with Justin and the others outside. It was like we were on a stage and everyone was screaming for us. We were having a good time.. Then that's when everything went all black and it got worse every passing second.
"What did it mean?" I thought to myself. I shrugged the thoughts away and closed my eyes. I feel exhausted right now.. All I did was talk, but it just drained out my energy in a few hours.. Sleep is what I need.. Sleep and rest..
♠ ♠ ♠
Throws a chair out the window*
Should I make the next. Chaper Vic's P.O.V. it keep it in Kellin? it some one else's point of view??