Status: in progress

Nothing Compares

Nothing Compares

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empty…

Elizabeth stared glumly out the window, watching the raindrops slide down the glass. She had never felt so empty in her entire life, a few years ago she remembered feeling secure, happy….. Safe. Elizabeth Swann had everything she ever wanted which wasn't that much considering she was the Governor's daughter. She lived in a house near the cliffs with her son, James. She was happily married with a son and another child on the way. It was difficult with Will being the new captain of the Flying Dutchman but they managed and Will visited every ten years. He made sure to make the most out of every second with his family, but still ten years was far too long to wait. The next time Will would see his son would be when he was 15, but yet so many years would be wasted at sea.

What did it matter now? It was impossible for Will to see them again. Will Turner had become a bitter angry man, he understood the frustrated pain the previous Captain, Davy Jones had suffered. For many years he had to ferry souls lost at sea to the afterlife, it had made him severely depressed and he was desperate to see his love.

Calypso placed a curse on Turner and his crew, slowly transforming them into monsters as a result of Will stepping on land. The crew turned on their Captain causing a mutiny. Things led to another making it complicated and so, many men had tried to kill themselves but everyone was immortal due to Will's actions. Will thought he found a loop hole which would allow someone else to take his place as Captain and for him to return to his family and his normal self to be a happy man. But Will did not expect his life to be taken away. William Turner had killed himself in the process of trying to switch his life around. No one had stabbed the heart so there was no Captain. Calypso had no choice but to destroy the cursed vessel and sink it into the dark murky depths of the sea.

Elizabeth heard the news when she visited Tortuga a week ago apparently many people had known about it and began searching for Elizabeth to tell her what had happened. Elizabeth dropped everything and rushed back to Port Royal after hearing it form a sailor in Tortuga. She was distraught when she saw her son's face fill with shock and then crumple with devastation of his father's death. They sat for many days crying and grieving. Elizabeth was still getting over her own father's death. James was all she had left until he disappeared whether he was taken or ran away she was still unsure. The stress over took her and she couldn't take it, she was tempted to kill herself yet there was still the baby.

After a friend sat her down and spoke to her about trying to do things to distract her and forget the past, she told Elizabeth that she was as strong as ever but that didn't feel the empty void inside. Unfortunately alcohol was the solution for making her feel better she drank so much that she had a miscarriage. At the time Port Royal had not heard the news about Will because he was a pirate and only pirate ports like Tortuga knew. The townsfolk were shocked to hear what had happened and felt great empathy for Elizabeth; everyone got to know the couple well. It was awful when the Governor died; Will had helped to get Elizabeth through it which everyone was pleased about. They knew they could trust him. But now there really wasn't anything left. Elizabeth Turner was a changed woman who had lost faith in everything, she was unrecognizable, and nothing could be done to change Elizabeth and make her feel better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone this is my first story and it is set after At World's End and I am writing it so On Stranger Tides hasn't happened, HOWEVER, Barbossa has continued with his quest to kill Blackbeard after the end of the third film.

The only difference is that Barbossa has killed Blackbeard after the third film without the fourth happening if that makes sense. None of On Stranger Tides scenes and events have happened apart from this and it will be mentioned in the story

warning: :'( Character death mentioned, some things maybe slightly different (characters etc.)