Status: Active:)

We Were Drunk But It's Not A Mistake

Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Cali’s POV
Today Tyler and I were looking for an apartment together. I was excited Tyler agreeing to this was a new step in our relationship. We had told our parents about the marriage. They were upset that we got married drunk, but were happy we were trying to make this work. I just had to promise that there would be a wedding soon.
“Do we have to?” Tyler complained.
“Yes please Tyler I want a place of our own.” I replied with a smile.
“Fine just remember we need a place that accepts dogs. I have Marshall coming down for my birthday.” He reminded me.
“I told the agent already that it’s his fault if he doesn’t find a place that allows pets.” I explained.
After a quick stop at Dunkies we arrived at the first apartment. We got out of the car Tyler held my hand and we walked into the building. The building looked nice and the lobby looked a lot nicer.
We rode the elevator up to the 25th floor and found our real estate agent waiting for us.
“Cali, nice to see you again.” Darren said.
“Nice to see you too.” I replied.
Darren led us to the apartment and I knew Tyler did not like the idea of a male real estate agent.
“He’s gay.” I whispered in his ear and I saw him smirk.
The first apartment was lovely. It had a big living room, three bedrooms, a full bath, a gorgeous kitchen, and an amazing balcony looking out to see Boston.
“I like the size but I’m not in love with it.” Tyler told Darren.
“Well we have more places to see but I think this next place is for you guys.” He said excitedly.
“I can’t believe you thought he wasn’t gay.” I laughed as we drove to the next location.
“Babe I’m a guy when another guy is checking his wife out I go into defense mode.” He explained.
“Tyler he was checking out your ass not mine.” I replied.
“I figured that out after I checked out the fireplace.” He said.
Arriving at the new location near our old building and a little closer to BU we got of the car.
“Now this place is just for you close to the University, allows animals, and very roomy.” Darren told us as we rode the elevator up to the 25th floor.
“Now this is the place for you.” Darren said opening the door.
It was perfect! It had big spacious rooms, an amazing kitchen, and enough room for the guys to come over. Tyler and I walked around and we both knew this was the place for us.
“Well?” Darren asked.
“We’ll take it.” Tyler answered.
“Great let’s sign the lease and look over the contract.” Darren stated grabbing papers out of his satchel.
We signed the lease and did a final look through. As we left we saw a coupled walking a couple of dogs and I know that made Tyler feel a lot better.
“You happy?” he asked me as we arrived home.
“Ecstatic.” I answered giving him a kiss.
“So I was thinking I have practice tomorrow early morning so after we can start moving stuff into the new apartment.” Tyler offered.
“Seriously?” I asked him.
“Start packing an I will call the guys.” He answered smiling.
“Best husband ever!” I exclaimed running to our room.
I found a lot of suitcases under the bed and in the closet of the guest room. I started packing all of Tyler’s clothes into them. I zippered the last suitcases and looked up to see Tyler standing there.
“That didn’t take long.” He commented.
“I learned how to pack for a week in less than 10 minutes.” I explained.
“Alright you wanna pack your place now?” he asked.
“Yeah.” I answered.
We walked out of the door locking it and walking hand in hand to his car.
We arrived at my apartment and I knew I had some boxes left. I was also really nervous this was the second time Tyler would see where I lived for a year.
“Here’s home.” I told him opening.
“It’s nice feels like home.” He complimented me.
“Thanks. Now let’s start packing.” I told him leading him to my room.
“Plan on showing me this?” Tyler asked holding up a Bruins thong as we packed.
“Tyler give it back.” I lunged at him.
“Hey I want to see these. My wife owns a Bruins thong I’m allowed to touch your stuff also.” He replied.
“This is embarrassing.” I complained blushing.
“I bet these would look really hot on you with my jersey on.” Tyler thought aloud.
“Babe I love you but please.” I said holding my hand out.
“Fine. Let’s see what else you have.” He replied handing me the thong.
“Should I ask?” he questioned holding a Taylor Hall jersey.
“What he’s cute.” I replied taking the jersey. “Plus I went to a couple of games.” I added in.
“Not as his girlfriend right?” he asked.
“No my cousin dates him.” I answered.
Thankfully after three agonizing hours that were a lot of fun we finally finished packing. All of my pictures, linens, clothes, and food were all packed in boxes. We decided to drop off my stuff at the apartment and would sell my apartment with the furniture in it.
“Home sweet home.” Tyler said as we brought my stuff into the new apartment.
“I have to admit it is a nice apartment.” I replied wrapping my arms around Tyler’s waist.
“Yeah I’m glad I’m here with you.” He told me.
“I’m glad Mr. Seguin.” I giggled.
“I love you Mrs. Seguin.” He smiled.
“I like the sound of that.” I admitted.
“Me too.” He replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apartment Hunting