Switched At Birth

2/3

-Jen's POV-

These past two weeks had been absolute hell.

As soon as we arrived in Tennessee my phone and ipod were taken away. I had been allowed to send a text message letting my Dad know I had arrived but then all contact was cut off. Allison had been trying to get me to call her and Tony, Mom and Dad since we boarded the flight but I wouldn't do it. I already had a Mom and Dad. Johnny and Adrienne.

They lived out in the middle of nowhere off of a road that felt like being on a snake path. I've never been one to get car sick before but I came very close to doing so on the drive here.

The house itself looked like a complete dump from the outside so you would assume that a poor family lived here but the inside looked like someone rich lived here. The rooms were huge and decorated to the nines. I was even more suspicious of these people now that I was here.

For whatever reason I was never allowed to check the mail. It was as if Allison was trying to hide something from me. She'd freak out anytime the mail would go and would immediately run out to check it. There was something wrong with this woman and I noticed it the more I was around her.

Allison and Tony also had other children. Nineteen year old Caden, eleven year old Austin, and six year old twin girls Alexandra and Aubrey. The twins seemed excited that I was there. They had shown me around the house and around the property while telling me what there was to do around there.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The closest grocery store was at least thirty minutes away on the snake path that I never wanted to go on again. The nearest mall was near the airport which was over an hour from here. The only thing this town seemed to have was a post office and that was on the other side of town.

When Allison had been packing my things I wanted to pack a bag for myself but the second I placed my sketchbooks into my bag she grabbed them and tossed them into the trash. Her excuse being that I wouldn't need them in Tennessee. That there was plenty of things to do there. I knew she was lying but couldn't figure out why. There were a lot of things I couldn't figure out about this woman.

The room I was staying in was Madison's old room. It was about half the size of my old room and didn't even have a closet. It was more like a hole in the wall but I guess it didn't matter because the clothes that I was allowed to bring could all fit in the dresser drawers that were along the wall. I didn't like it here and wanted nothing more than to go back to California. This would never be home to me.

I had gotten bored and made my way outside to get some fresh air. I wasn't used to how quiet it was here. You could literally hear everything. I wasn't alone long though when Caden appeared out of nowhere. He reminded me a lot of Matt and Markus, my godfather's younger brother. He was tall and muscular and I was actually afraid of him. He was always staring at me like I was a piece of meat.

"Hi Madison."

That was another thing that bothered me. Every since I had gotten here both Allison and Caden had been calling me Madison or even Maddie. They refused to call me Jen and Allison would even get upset if I said something about it. She was not the sweet, kind hearted woman who had been in California. She was up to something and had her entire family in on it.

I just needed to find proof.

"Caden."

"What are you doing?" He asked following closely. I just wanted to get away from him but he clearly couldn't take the hint.

"I really just want to be alone right now." I once again tried to get away from him but he wouldn't let me.

He chuckled. "Haven't you been alone enough already? Don't you like it here?" He had a very thick southern accent and it was a little hard to understand him.

He grinned when I didn't answer and took a step towards me but thankfully someone else came over to help. Caden ran off leaving me to come face to face with a young girl who looked around my age. I figured she must be one of Madison's friends.

"Hi, I'm Madison. Are you visiting the Jamison's?"

I blinked. Had I heard this girl right? Did she just say her name is Madison?

"Um.. well.."

She smiled. "You can call me Maddie if you want. What's your name?"

"Jenna." I said softly.

"Nice to meet ya Jenna. I thought I'd stop over and introduce myself. I live across the street and saw you out here. You looked kinda bored."

I nodded. "You could say that."

She frowned. "Are you alright? If I didn't know any better I'd think you didn't want to be here. Hey, is Sam home?"

I looked at her confused. "Sam?"

"Yeah, Samantha. She's my best friend."

I watched as Madison pulled her iphone from her pocket and showed me a picture of her and Sam. My eyes widened the second I saw her.

"Are you okay Jenna?"

I looked up at Madison and just shook my head. She took my hand and pulled me to where no one else could see or here or. Down by the creek.

"What's going on?"

"You said.. you said your name is Madison right?" She nodded. "And that the girl in this picture is Samantha right?"

"Yes.."

"Can I borrow your phone?"

------


-Brian's POV-

I growled in frustration as I stared down at my phone. No new messages. It had been two weeks since I had heard from Jen and I was about to rip my hair out of my head. She had sent me a text message letting me know she had made it to Tennessee and that was the last I had heard from her. Even Jimmy hadn't heard anything. I was worried about her and I wanted to know that she was okay.

We had been spending a lot more time at the spot and anytime we were all together it felt like a piece of us was missing. I hated it. I hated that Jen was across the country but there was nothing I could do about it. She was gone and she wasn't coming back.

Madison had been trying to flirt with me every since Jen left. She'd follow me around like a lost puppy and tell me that I needed to move on with my life. I've told her countless times that I'm not interested but she won't take the hint. It's like she's making it her goal to get me and it's not going to work.

Right now we were sitting at Denny's just bullshitting while Madison was in the bathroom. She had been in there for a while so while I was busy staring at my phone that wouldn't ring Jimmy decide to go through her purse which she had left laying open on the table.

"No fucking way."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What dude?"

"Little lying bitch."

Jimmy tossed something down on the table and my eyes widened when I saw it. It was Madison's driver's license.

"Samantha Jamison. Born August 10, 1981 not February 22nd like she said. Dude I knew something about this wasn't fucking right. This little bitch just turned sixteen two months ago. I bet she wasn't even born here."

I knew she could come back at any moment so I took a picture of the driver's license before shoving it into my pocket. Jimmy and I tossed some money on the table for our food before running out the door leaving 'Madison' to fend for herself.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking Brian?" Jimmy asked as we jumped into my car.

"No one knows what you're thinking dude."

"I think it's time to pack a bag. We're going to Tennessee to get our girl back."

"Shouldn't we tell her Dad first? I mean maybe he can help us?"

"Oh yeah. I never thought about that."

I chuckled and sped across town to Jen's Dad's house. There were other cars in the driveway including the police. I couldn't help but wonder what was going on but the second I ran inside I knew.

He knew Jen had been kidnapped.

He took us into his office and told us everything. How he was suspicious of the entire situation and had checked with the hospital about the records. He also took a fork that had Madison's.. Sam's DNA on it and had it checked. No match. He wasn't her biological father. He had another test done with Jen's old hair brush that had been left behind and it was 99.9% that he was her father.

Lucio, Jen's godfather and his brother Markus had helped him get the results in a quicker amount of time. As soon as they knew they did research on the Stewart family only to find that they didn't exist. Allison Stewart was really Ashley Jamison. A woman that was obsessed with money and Johnny Depp. She had been on the run from the police in Tennessee and had been planning to take Jen away for years.

"So what happens now?" I asked once I had all of the information. I wanted to help and I only prayed that he let me.

"We're flying to Tennessee on Lu's jet and bring Jenna home."

"We?"

He nodded. "I want you boys to come with me. You are her family as much as I am."

Jimmy sat up in his chair and smiled. "When do we leave?"

Before Jen's dad had the chance the answer my cell phone started to ring. I didn't recognize the number and normally would just ignore it but something told me that I needed to answer so I did.

"Hello?"

"Brian!!"

"Jen!" I shouted and flew out of my chair.

"I'm so glad you answered." I knew she was crying which told me that she may have figured out what was going on.

"Oh course baby. Are you alright?"

"No. Please help me. I don't know how but.."

"It's okay babe. Calm down. We know what's going on and we're coming to get you."

Jimmy was trying to take the phone away from me but I kept having to slap his hands away.

"Please hurry Brian. I love you."

"I love you too and we'll be there soon."

As soon as we hung up I looked at Jimmy and Jen's dad before we all turned and rushed out the door. I knew it was going to be a few hours before we got there but I was not leaving that place with Jen.

------


-Jen's POV-

I couldn't stop the tears from falling from my eyes. Just to be able to hear Brian's voice..

Madison was looking at me confused for the longest time before she asked if I wanted to go over to her house. I was honestly surprised that Allison let me but as we were walking out the door little Alexandra came running up to me with something in her hand.

"I found this in Mommy's room. It's yours right?" She asked as she handed me my phone. I smiled.

"It sure is. Thank you Alexandra."

"It's Alexis."

"Huh?"

"My name's Alexis." She said before running off.

I followed Madison across the street and it was only then that she told me what she really thought of Sam's family. She told me their names and how Allison.. Ashley was obsessed with being rich. How she would literally do anything to get what she wanted. Madison also mentioned a conversation she had heard between Ashley and her husband who's real name was Bobby. She had been planning on using me to get money from my dad. She made up a story that Sam and I had been switched at birth. Sam was suppose to get as much money as she could before getting on the first flight back to Tennessee. I was shocked at what I was hearing but it all made sense. Madison was scared to say anything because she was afraid of what might happen to her if she did. She said I didn't deserve this and that I should be back in California with my real family. Not the made up family that was in Ashley's mind.

I knew it would be a while before anyone got here so I stayed with Madison as long as possible. She let me charge my phone and I found I had dozens of messages waiting for me. I sighed and prayed that this nightmare would be over soon and that I could get back home. Back to Huntington Beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
More soon! Comment and subscribe...