Here With You

I'm giving up on changing

Chapter 9: I’m giving up on changing

“I mean whatever you want to do man. We understand.” Zach muttered
“No. Cameron stop. I’ll tour with you guys. The tour’s only going to be what 2 months? Cam stop being ridiculous. I’ll be fine.” I said
“But babe.. I know what the fans do to you. I’m worried about you.” Cameron looked down.
“Wait what the fans do to you? What’re you talking about?” Dillon asked.
“I’ll kill them.” Brent yelled
“Can I tell them?” Cameron asked and I nodded.

I interrupted my boyfriend and decided it would be best if I told them. These boys have become my family. I don’t really speak to my family. Once I turned 18, I moved out and have never seen or spoken to my family since then. So Cameron’s family is now my family. I’ve gone out on every tour with Cameron since we started dating. They deserve to hear the truth about my life coming from my mouth. I can’t lie to them anymore. I told them everything that I told Cameron a month before.

Once I stopped speaking, I was afraid to look up. I looked down the entire time I was telling them my story. I didn’t want to look these people in the eyes and tell them these awful things about me. After a couple minutes I decided to look up. I looked up to see all of them with tears in their eyes.

“Oh my gosh I didn’t want to make you cry!” I gasped

All of the boys just looked so stunned and didn’t know how to react. They all hugged me and offered their sympathies. They told me that they would always be there for me.

“You’re family, girl. We’re here for you kid.” Michael grabbed my hand and flashed me a smile.

I felt relief to get that off my chest. I felt good to say everything that I’ve been holding in to people that have become my family.

“Wanna go get froyo?” Brent asked. We all grabbed our stuff and headed out to the cars.

*2 MONTHS LATER*

I was now four months pregnant and headed out on tour. I didn’t put much thought into the fact that I was going to be pregnant and living on a tour bus for two months. But I did it to make Cameron happy. I’ve been hiding out in our apartment for the past two months because I didn’t really want to see any fans or anyone that knew the band to see that I was pregnant. But now we’ll be making the big announcement.

We approached the tour bus with all of our luggage. Cameron had asked the crew to turn the back lounge of the bus into a big bed for us. He wanted me to be comfortable out on tour this time around seeing that I’m pregnant and all.

Things have been really awkward with Stefanie and I since the whole incident at our apartment. She’s still doing a great job managing the band, but she’s been awkward with me. She just hands me the schedule everyday and moves on.

Today was the first show of the tour and it was in Los Angeles, California. We arrived at the venue and there was already hundreds of girls lined up outside. I looked out the window and looked down at my belly. Can I really handle this? Cameron grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes.

“You can do this.”