Status: You're a lovely individual <3

Metanoia

Sixteen

Rory sat on the high bed in the doctors office looking very small and afraid. I cleared my throat. "Sit up straight, Ro. You'll ruin your back like that."

He seemed to either be ignoring me or unable to hear me. Maybe both. He looked over to the door, and stared wide eyed at whatever he was seeing. His eyes and head followed the invisible thing until it came to a stop in front of him. He frowned, scooting off the bed and inching toward me. "Rory, what's going on?" I asked.

He looked over to the bed and then back at me. "I'm not sure if-"

"Fuck that, Rory, tell me what's going on."

He opened his mouth to speak, but just then the door opened. Rory's doctor, a short, plump, happy looking woman by the name of Fleming bounced in. To be honest, she reminded me of Elouise before the army. I couldn't figure out if that disturbed me or made me happy, but it did make me smile.

"Alright, Rory, seems like you've been out of medication for a while. Tell me what that's like." She sat on her spinny stool and looked up at Rory, still smiling.

Rory shifted uncomfortably. "Well, I'm just seeing more. That's about it."

Dr. Fleming frowned a bit. "Tell me what you mean by that?"
Rory rolled his eyes. "Why? We know I've got childhood Schizophrenia, so why do I need to do this. Can't you just write a prescription please?"

Dr. Fleming chuckled and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Rory, that isn't the way it works. I need to be able to gague what dose to prescribe to you, but we'll make this quick. Is it more or less intense than before?"

Rory thought for a moment. "More. Definitely more."
Fleming scribbled something on her notepad. "And how much more on a scale of one to ten?"

"Six," Rory answered. Fleming scribbled more on her notepad.

"Alright, we're done now." She handed the piece of paper to me.

"Take this to the pharmacy and you'll be all set. Thanks for coming in, Rory."

He grunted and jumped off the bed. I stuffed the slip of paper in my pocket and was turning to leave when Fleming cleared her throat. "Actually, Jace could I talk to you privately for a moment? This'll only take a moment."

I nodded and patted Rory's shoulder. "Stick around outside the door, alright. I'll be out."

He nodded and went outside, shutting the door softly. Fleming looked up ar me with her charming smile and blue-grey eyes and I knew it was nothing professional. "So uh, Mr. Hattfield, I take it you're single? You've got that vibe about you." I sighed and shook my head.

"I can't do this right now, Dr. Fleming. I've got other things to do today. My boyfriend wouldn't appreciate this, either."

She looked taken aback, but didn't say anything about it, either. I took the opportunity to take my leave, but when I opened the door, Rory wasn't there.

I looked both ways down the hall before picking up his backpack and swearing.

"Mister Hattfield, I-"

I shook my head and started down the hallway, cutting Fleming off. "Fucking Rory."
♠ ♠ ♠
(I'm parceling out what I want to say because I'm uploading three chapters today)
My girlfriend broke up with me too, while I was in the hospital. It did suck, but it's whatever. She wasn't too great for me anyway.
One of the oldest brothers I have is living with me and the one I'm staying with. He's horrid and treats me like a maid.