Love Never Wanted Me

Chapter 5

Pete’s POV

“I told you it would work,” I said with triumph. Patrick’s eyes slowly opened revealing his gorgeous green orbs.

“How did you do that?” Arie asked in awe.

“He always listened to me, I just took a chance,” I laughed awkwardly due to the situation we were in. I turned my full attention to the man of my dreams. “Hey Patrick,” I said lightly perching myself on the edge of his bed next to him so I could see straight into his eyes.

“Hey Pete, what happened?” he asked me from beside me, confusion leaking into the pigments coloring his beautiful orbs causing them to turn a slight chocolate brown.

“Nothing Trick, nothing happened. What makes you think that?” I asked him slightly on edge to his response.

“Something happened, and I know it,” he whispered loosing strength with every word. His eyes lost the hints of brown and filled with golden green, hints of him also being on edge. These are a few things you remember about people, especially when they’re in a coma. You remember everything you ever noticed about them so you have something to hang on to if they don’t manage to come back.

“Pete,” Arie said softly. My head moved in the direction of her voice ever so slightly, she took it as a note to continue, “Visiting hours are over.”

“I’m not leaving,” I muttered.

“What do you mean?” she asked confusion now lacing her voice, she must have figured your eyes weren’t going to leave his for a bit.

“I’m. Not. Leaving. I didn’t stutter,” I said to her turning so she could see my face.

“You have to go,” she started.

“I’m not, I don’t care what they say I’m staying!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, Patrick winced beside me as I spun entirely around for her to face my wrath.

“Pete, I don’t make the rules-”

“No, but you enforce them,” I stumbled over to her, tripping over my bag, “I’m not going anywhere without him.”

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
I somehow managed to turn a happy moment into a rage filled argument... It just struck me as I was fighting with my friends younger sister, and it worked! Comments?