Status: so hi guys

But, Dad...

Three Years Later

I sigh, the overwhelming summer heat making me irritated with everything. Dad sets down a glass of lemonade next to me as he sits beside me.

“Hey, Alby?”

Setting down my book, I stare at him warily. “Yes?”

He clears his throat. “I’ve been offered to teach up at Hogwarts-” I bristle at the mention of the school I can’t attend- “-and I was wondering if you’d like to come with me?”

“Wait, really?”

I’d be a fourth year by now, if I hadn’t been a squib.

“Really,” he smiles, nudging me.

I set the book fully down and lean over to hug him momentarily. “I’d love to. What’re you teaching?”

“Defense Against the Dark Arts.” As he walks back to the doorway, he turns around and smiles at me. “You’d definitely be in Ravenclaw.”

I smile back and pick up the old paperback, taking a small sip from the lemonade.

Inside, I can hear James telling Lily stories about Hogwarts, and how she’ll probably get put into Hufflepuff. Mum yells something about Hufflepuffs being underrated and that they’re just as important as any other house. James is in Gryffindor, of course. I remember watching him getting on the train. I don’t remember him at all during my single day at Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
this has been kinda depressing so far hasn't it
whoops
thanks to my 1 subscriber
much love