Status: Updated when can and also on Deviant Art

How to Cover a Book

Chapter 4

I kissed him back. Part of my dream was coming true, it was short lived though. Someone knocked on the door and I pulled away from him and stood up.

“I better get going s-s-sorry” I stuttered and blushed.

“Zacky wait please” I looked over at him and shook my head.

“I’m sorry Syn”

I opened the door and looked up to see a tall, very buff guy with short hair, stood there.

“Hey you must be the journalist?” He smiled showing his dimples.

I nodded my head “Y-y-yeah”

“I’m Matt. I was asked to make sure that Syn was behaving.”

“Oh right he’s fine. I have to go now.” I pushed past him. As I did I could hear Matt shouting at him.

“BRIAN HANER JR WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?”

I couldn’t quite make out what he replied with.

“Zacky you ok?” I looked up to see Jimmy and Johnny stood together at the bar.

I shook my head “Sorry I have to go. I need to write this up before I get yelled at by my squeaky toy editor” I smiled at them before heading to the door. It was really quite in the bar and you could hear muffled yells coming from Syn and Matt.

I got in my car and headed to my shitty little apartment but it was a place to stay so I can’t complain.

I got to my apartment and unlocked the door and I could already hear Icky barking. I loved that dog more than anything. I don’t know what I’d do if I ever lost him.

“Hey Icky” I knelt down and stroked his head and he licked my hand.

I got him some food and put some more water down in his bowl and went into my bedroom and grabbed some comfy clothes. Once I picked out some sweat pants and a large band shirt I took a quick shower then got changed. I went out make some coffee and start my laptop up so I could start on the interview.

I was half way through writing a rough draft of the interview when my phone started blasting ‘Here’s to Us’ by Halestorm. I knew instantly that it was Millie.

“Hey Millie” I smiled at I put her on speaker and carried on typing.

“Hey Zee. So how did it go?”

“At first he was a complete asshole. I didn’t think I’d ever get anything out of him. But he soon opened up and told me why he wants to go solo. He was rude and so fucking cocky. I knew he was cocky but not that cocky. Anyway I don’t know what led him to it but he kissed me. I thought he was straight Mills. I guess I was wrong. Then one of the other members knocked on the door so I pulled away and got all my things and opened the door. As I left I could hear him and Matt I think it was shouting at each other but I’m not sure what they were shouting about and I didn’t plan on waiting to find out either.”

“Zee. Are you going to be ok?” She asked softly.

“Yeah I’ll be fine. I’m just typing up the draft now and then tomorrow I’m gonna give it to squeaky bitch toy to check. Then I’ll most likely have to change everything. Just to suit her.”

I could tell she was trying really hard not to laugh. “Mills it’s not that funny” I said smiling the whole time.

“Zee it is funny” She eventually said after a few minutes of laughing.

“I’m hanging up now. Bye”

“Bye Zee see you tomorrow”

With that I hung up and got back to work with typing it up.

Four cups of coffee, three can of Monster and a cereal bar later and the draft was done. It was now around 2:30am. I picked Icky up and went to my room, I laid him down on the bed and got ready before crawling under the covers and falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
How's Julie gonna take the draft and what's Matt and Syn arguing about???