Status: New

Sorry

alex.

My parents called me downstairs after they got home from work. They got home later than usual. I frowned, wondering what was up.

"Alex, honey. Sit down, please," my mother said.

I sat down across from her at the kitchen table.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong. Your father and I were wondering, since next week is your eighteenth birthday, if you would like an apartment for your birthday."

"An apartment?!" I asked.

"We'd pay the utilities for you. You'd have to get a job for the groceries and other things you'd need, but, yes. An apartment."

I nodded quickly. "Please!"

My mom laughed. "We were hoping you'd say yes. We own an apartment already that a friend used to stay in. There's no rent, we just pay for the water and heat, electricity, cable. We were gonna sell it, but why not give it to you instead?"

I hugged my mom. "Thank you!"

She hugged me back. "You're welcome. By the way, did you meet that boy today?"

"Yes, and he was fabulous," I sighed.

My father ruffled my hair. "Why don't you start packing? You can move in as soon as you're ready."

I rushed upstairs to tell Skylar.

My own apartment!

This was the best present they'd given me, other than my car.

Maybe they did care about me, after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
One subscriber. Sigh.

Sub/comment please.