Status: completed

After School Special

Part 3

Dean sat on the front step, inhaling all of the cool September air that he could. Don’t think about him, don’t think about him! Dean tried to remind himself. His plans ceased the moment he heard the front door open and close behind him.

“Dean? Are you okay?” Castiel questioned.

Don’t turn around, you moron, don’t do it! You don’t like Cas! He doesn’t like you! You definitely didn’t just let his best friend kiss you and then imagine that it was him!

“I uh... um...” Dean stuttered.

Castiel sat next to Dean. “It’s okay, you don’t need to explain yourself...” Castiel spoke, his awkwardness towards the situation clear.

“No, it’s okay... I’m okay... I think...”

Castiel shifted in his spot. “Why’d you run off like that?”

Dean laughed nervously. “I uh... Anna’s great and all... Beautiful, you know? But...”

“But?”

“But I have a crush on somebody else.”

“Oh.”

“Oh?”

“That’s what I said, yes.”

Awkwardness reigned over the two as they grew more silent. Dean could see Cas bouncing his knee out of the corner of his eye. Castiel rubbed his hands together, unsure of what to say. Or rather, when to say it.

Suddenly, Castiel blurted, “So who’s the lucky girl you have a crush on?”

Dean rubbed his face, as he did when he was nervous. “It’s um... not a girl.”

Cas turned to Dean, his blue eyes studying Dean’s face so carefully, as if he were counting his freckles. “Then who’s the lucky guy?”

“It doesn’t matter, he probably doesn’t like me like that anyway.”

“Oh come on, who wouldn’t have a crush on you?”

Dean was now facing Castiel head-on. Castiel would have to restart counting Dean’s freckles... but something in Dean’s eyes caught him off-guard.

“It’s me, isn’t it?” Castiel asked. Dean didn’t need to answer, they both knew the answer. “Thank God.”

Dean shot Cas a questioning look. “... Thank God?”

“That means I can do this.”

Castiel leaned into Dean, eyes closed. Their lips barely brushing at first, and then pressed together gently. One, two, three kisses graced Dean’s lips.

“Mmm...” Castiel said, pulling away.

“What?” Dean inquired, his eyes shooting open. Had he done something wrong? Was Cas drunk and messing with him?

“Nothing, just...” Castiel looked into Dean’s eyes. “You’re a better kisser than I imagined.”

Dean pulled Cas into another kiss. They forgot about everything; The party, Anna, everything. They were completely consumed with the thought of each other.

And the rest, as they say, is history.