Status: The sequel to season one, hope you love it!

The Vampire Diaries season two

The Last Dance

Katherine's POV-
"Where are you going?" I asked Klaus as he got dressed in some dark colored shirt. "I'm gonna go lay eyes on my precious doppelganger," He said with a grin. "and also hopefully see the lovely Alexa." Alex. Oh Alex, even after all these years he's still obsessed with you. He then kissed my forehead, I squirmed just a bit.

"Oh don't look so glum Katarina." He said with an unhinging smile. "The fun is just beginning. Again, please." Klaus told me as he left. I then stabbed myself again.

Alex's POV-
Stefan, Damon, and I waited outside as her and lawyer drew up papers to make the Salvatore mansion hers. "You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" This question was meant for me. "She can channel enough witch power to kill him." I explained. "And she won't be alone." I added in a mutter. "What do you mean you won't-" "And Elijah thought this would work and he was an Original." I cut Stefan off with a tight smile. "We just need to find him." Damon said with an equally tight smile. He had no idea what I had been planning. Well we had talked it over, just not confirmed. "Yeah." Stefan said looking at us.

"Couldn't you do one of your tracking spells?" Damon asked me, and I shook my head. "No. I would need something that belongs to Klaus." I explained. "Even an experienced witch like myself would need something of his."

"Do you think he killed her?" Damon asked Stefan. "Katherine?" Stefan asked, catching my attention. "Probably."

"It's not like she didn't have it coming."

"Damon!" I yelled at him sharply. "What? It's true." He told me with a shrug. "She might have fucked you guys over but she is still one of my friends."

We didn't get into it anymore because Elena opened the door. "Thank you Mr. Henry." She said politely as we waited almost impatiently.

"Uh Elena." I called. "Oh- right. Sorry." She said in a sheepish manner. "I forgot." I blinked. Well come on then. "Stefan, Alex. Would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to." Stefan said as we entered. "Thanks." I gave a slight grin of mirth.

Damon looked at Elena, waiting. "What are twelve?" He asked her. "One of us is." Elena said with a grin. "If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of the house?" Oh I was going to get a kick out of this. "No."

"Seriously Damon, my way." I could tell by her face she wasn't joking. "You promised." Oh that made Damon a bit uncomfortable. "I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas, remember?" Course he remembered. "Yes, Elena. Sure."

"Then please come in." Elena said, allowing Damon to enter. Damon looked the left to see Stefan's amused expression as I adjusted my hat to keep from laughing. "Shut up."

Bonnie then rejoined us and gave Elena her jacket. "Thanks." The boys got confused looks on their faces. "Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked her. "To school." She said as if it was obvious. "Huh?" Stefan voiced as I got my bag. "No, no, no." Damon said shaking his head. "We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it."

"Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." Stefan said firmly. "Right but where?" Good question… God knowing him he probably did the body trick. "Alex can't find him, no one knows." She told them firmly. "Look," Elena said looking at the Salvatore boys. "I really appreciate what you guys are doing, and i'll be able to sleep at night knowing that i'll be safe here, but i'm not going to be a prisoner." "Well said Elena." I told the much younger girl.

"Your way Elena." Damon promised begrudgingly. I know he didn't like this. "Don't worry." Bonnie coaxed. "I'm ready. We're ready." I nodded. "If he knows we can take him." "The way I see it next Bonnie and Alex is one of the safest places I can be." Elena explained. "Besides Alex will know him on sight." Like I would ever forget that face.

The three of us began to leave. "Wait, um, for me." Stefan called and I turned around and began to walk backwards. "Alex where are you going?" Damon called after me. "To school. I have to be there anyway. Caroline thought it would be funny to sign me up for the dance committee."

Matt's POV-
"She wants me to take her to the dance." Like old times. "What am I supposed to do?" I asked the Sheriff. "Take her to the dance." She told me as if it was no big deal. "I'll never get away with it." I cried, shaking my head. "She knows me too well, she'll figure it out."

"Damn it Matt." The Sheriff sighed. "Just do it. She's my daughter. She's my baby." Her voice broke. "I just, I need some time." Time. "I know but…" I trailed off. "Look, if what Caroline told you is true, she's not the only one." Not the only one. "The Salvatore's and the Siren woman are vampires." Alex was a vampire, and so were Stefan and his brother. "The Gilbert family is in on it." Jeremy and Elena knew about this. "And Tyler Lockwood is god knows what." Unintentionally she stabbed me in the heart. "A werewolf." I offered.

The Sheriff groaned. "There's no one in this town I can trust." She looked at me with a serious look. "I just need to take a beat and figure out what to do." I shook my head. "That'll never fool her. "Yes, yes you will." She told me firmly. "As far as she knows, you don't remember anything. Buy me some time." Pleaded the Sheriff. "Please Matt."

Alex's POV-
I blinked as I went over the plans for the dance and sighed. Since when did I do trivial things like the dance committee? I sighed as I went into Alaric's class room. "Hey Ric." I greeted and looked up. I was almost taken aback for some reason. "Hello Alex." He greeted strangely. I frowned.

"Are you ok?" I asked as I sat on his desk, putting one pale and short yet beautiful leg over another. "Yes i'm fine." His voice was strange.

"You're looking beautiful today." He suddenly said. I almost chocked. "Um- thanks." Ok that was weird. "I was wondering if you would be my date to the dance. It was would be nice to have someone as gorgeous as you as my date." Date… It barely registered. Just like I barely registered him touching my snow pale face softly with his calloused hands. I inwardly flinched. Alaric was a nice guy, and he was grieving over Jenna. And he was my friend… I sighed out loud as I felt one of his hands slip to my waist… I swear he was on drugs. "Fine, i'll be your date." Alaric gave a grin and kissed my cheek. "I'll meet you there then."

Once I got out of there I went in search of somebody I actually knew… Or at least half-liked. "Hey Alex." Elena's voice greeted me. "Ello Elena." I said in a distracted voice. "What's up?" She asked. "It's nothing much… Except that…" I trailed off for a second. "Alaric is acting really weird." She raised an eyebrow. "Weird how?" Elena asked me. "Like he asked me on a date and flirted with me weird." Stranger things have happened though. "Just keep an eye on him in class today, okay?"

Jeremy's POV-
"Do you think Elena knows what it's going to take for you to do that Klaus spell?" I asked, scared. "No," She shook her head. "and you're not either." I frowned. "Well she's gotta know you can't do it." I tried to reason. "You don't know that." Bonnie stated. "Yea have a little faith." Alex said speaking up.

"That's not fair." I pointed out. "You can't harness the power of a hundred dead witches. It'll kill you."

"Already dead." Alex sang as Bonnie shushed me. "We don't know that for certain. You promised to keep this secret." I did. I did promise. "i'm trusting you." "We're going through with this and I swear if you tell anyone, I swear-" I cut off Alex's threats. "What, what are you gonna do to me?"

Alex's POV-
"Hey Elena, Ms. Siren, there you are." I blinked as a young dark haired girl came to us. "Who is she?" I hissed in Elena's ear. "Dana." Was her quiet and quick reply.

"Okay this is gonna sound freaky but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you two were going to the dance tonight." I blinked. Oh shit. "Well tell him we have boyfriends." I told her without batting an eye lash. "You could at least meet him Elena, and he says he's looking forward to seeing you again Ms. Siren." Again? Oh no. "He'll be at the dance tonight, look for him. He said his name was Klaus."

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Elena asked the girl, Dana. "His name is Klaus." She repeated. "I know weird name, but I swear he's hot."

Bonnie I looked around. "Where is he? Is he here?" Bonnie asked her as I stopped looking. "I don't know." No you wouldn't. "She's being compelled." I muttered out annoyed. "But he wants to know if Ms. Siren will save him the last dance. How cute is that?" Yeah real cute.

"So we go to the dance, we find him." I told the Salvatore boys. "Really?" Stefan asked bluntly. "How are we gonna do that?" Damon and I shrugged. "He could be here at anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school." And? … Oh right that was frowned upon.

Stefan looked to Elena and Bonnie. "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?"

Just then Alaric entered the house. I shifted a bit towards Damon, and I swear I saw his eyes narrow.

"There you are." Damon said, he couldn't hide his amusement about the fact that Alaric asked me to the dance. "Sorry i'm late. Hey Alex." He greeted. I gave a small nod. "Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight."

"Actually I took care of that already." I told him. Damon raised an eyebrow. "What? I'm not suffering alone at some stupid high school dance- no offence Elena, Bonnie." They both gave me the none taken look. "Well either way Klaus made his first move." Damon informed.

"Ok, so we find him and then what What's our plan of attack?" Elena asked us. "Us." I told her. "We're the plan." I explained. "He has no idea how much power I can channel." Bonnie told her. "If we can find him, I can kill him."

"That's not going to be easy." Alaric voiced. "I mean he is the biggest, baddest vampire around." Yes. Thank you Alaric. I thought sarcastically. "Alaric has a point." I said them. "I mean what if he-" Damon suddenly cut himself off and rushed over to Bonnie who threw him back with just a glance.

"Well," Stefan told her. "I was impressed."

"Nice power." I added. "But so you can do a few tricks doesn't matter to Klaus." Hundred dead witches or not Klaus was an Original.

"It doesn't matter if he's an Original." Oh yes it does little girl. You're getting cocky. "I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him. I know I can."

Katherine's POV-
"You're right." Klaus said to me as he walked around Alaric's apartment. "This descendent of Alexa's is all juiced up and aiming to kill."

"That's terrible." I said with an eye roll as the warlock Maddox came in. "We're gonna have to kill her, Maddox." Klaus said as he opened a drawer.

"Do you think this Alaric guy has anything vintage?" He asked. "I have to look good tonight, since I have date with the beautiful Alexa." Great just one more reason Nicki is gonna want to kill her.

"Crossbows, wooden bullets and automatics?" He questioned. "Who is this guy again?" He inquired. "He's a local vampire hunter." I droned.

"Ah… Well that explains the clothes."

Alex's POV-
"Thanks for being here, everybody." Dana said from upstage. "We have a special shout-out tonight." We all stopped what we were doing and looked at each other. "This is for Alexa," My eyes widened. "and Elena from Klaus." I looked to Elena, who seemed stunned.

"That is a lame, cheap hot." Damon spoke. "He's trying to bait us." Bait us. "I know everyone here." Elena's voice shook. "Maybe he's not here." Stefan tried to encourage. "Maybe he just wants us to believe that he is." And there is no doubt in my mind that he isn't.

"Hey you okay?" Damon asked putting a hand on my shoulder snapping me out of my gaze. I bit my black lipstick lips. "Alexa was the nickname he called me." I shook a bit. "Only Klaus called me that, no one else." Damon nodded and shot me a look of sympathy before saying. "It's a party people. Blend." He told us. "Let him come to us."

"Good idea." No not a good idea letting him come to us.

A bubble of laughter came over me when I saw Jeremy being dragged onto the dance floor. Then I spotted Alaric. "Hey there's Alaric, i'll be back." I told Damon but he grabbed me. "You sure you're gonna be okay?" He asked me. "Yeah, i'll be fine- just talk about a blast from the past." I sighed. "Now go dance with Elena." I shooed him.

I got to Alaric as quickly as possible. "Special dedication huh?" Alaric asked in a good nature. "This guy's a little twisted." He said as he offered me his hand. I shrugged, what the hell. "Yeah, i'm not impressed." I frowned. "No?" He said a bit strangely. "What is it with you and this Klaus guy anyway?" I spun around and I looked to the ground a bit uncomfortable. "Okay, well as you know I dated Elijah a few hundred years back." I explained as we danced. "But there was time, well to put this bluntly, where I acted like a whore." A really big whore. "And I slept with him like twice, once when I was drunk and feeling lonely and the other time was the night before I cursed them." Alaric's grip tightened. What the hell? I thought as Alaric spun me again. "So why'd you sleep with him?" Alaric asked me. "If you were with his brother." I shrugged. "Klaus and I, on some primal and emotional level know what it's like to be outsiders. To never truly be accepted. I slept with him because he was convenient." Alaric's grip got tight again.

"Ok what is up with you Alaric?" I nearly hissed. He just gave a grin. "I'll give you a hint Alexa, i'm not Alaric." My snow pale face got even paler. "But you already knew that did you love?"

"Klaus." I chocked out. "It's good to see again sweet Alexa."

Damon's POV-
"Come here." Stefan pulled me away. "Please tell me you didn't know that Bonnie was on a suicide mission." I should have known this was coming. "Oh great." I muttered. "Jeremy told you and of course you told Elena." Stefan's face hardened. "Yeah, I told her." His grip tightened. "You promised her no more secrets."

"I changed my mind."

Alex's POV-
We ran to the hallway door and Bonnie closed it with magic.

"What happened?" Damon asked me as we met in the center. "It's Alaric," I told him. "Klaus did the body switching spell." Damon got a confused look on his face. "What?"

"Klaus is possessing Alaric." I said and now he understood. "Look Damon, i'm sorry I should have known." I apologized. "How could you have?" Easily. "Look I should have known though. Alaric was acting weird, he was flirting and he asked me out- I just shook have known."

Damon put a hand on my shoulder and looked to Elena. "Go find Stefan, now." Elena nodded swiftly and left. Leaving Damon, Bonnie, and I together.

"Can you kill him?" Damon asked Bonnie. She shrugged. "He's got some kind of protection spell." Damon twitched. "You have the power of a hundred dead witches, break it."

"Damon it's not the simple." I told him. I wish it was though. "I'm trying!" Bonnie cried. "Damon she could end up killing Alaric," Granted he would come back to life. "and he'll just possess someone else." I knew Klaus's MO. "He knows I have the power Damon." Bonnie tried explaining. But Damon just shook his head almost angrily. "No. Klaus does not get to win tonight, no way." Damon was ready to sacrifice my descendent for Elena.

Caroline's POV-
Elena was looking around when I saw her. "Hey!" I yelled over to her and waved her over. "Are you ok?" I asked noting the fact that she looked panicked. "Um… Yeah… I'm looking for Stefan." I blinked. "Seriously, what's wrong?" Elena looked around nervously. "Um, just stay with Matt, okay?"

Alex's POV-
"There you are." Damon said in relief as he saw Elena. "What are you doing?" Elena asked sharply. "Where's Bonnie?" She looked around widely with Stefan by her side. "She's doing what she has to do." I told them without any hesitance. "What?"

"Where is she?" Stefan asked us. "Stefan let her do this, it's her choice." I sighed. "Damn it Damon, Alex, where is she!"

When we arrived Bonnie was fighting Klaus, I could smell the blood on her. Her blood. "Bonnie, no!" Elena screamed but Damon held her back as she struggled. Stefan tried to open the door but I made sure he couldn't, and after a few seconds he gave up.

Bonnie then looked to Elena and gave a smile and fell to the floor. Time stopped for a few seconds… After Klaus left I let the door unlock and Elena and Stefan rushed into the hallway while Damon and I stayed at the door.

"No! Bonnie!" Elena screamed and cried as she took Bonnie in her arms. "Stefan, she's not breathing!" Tears began to fall. "Stefan! I can't find a pulse." Course you can't stupid girl. "Do something, please! Just give her blood, do something!" But Stefan sadly shook his head. "It's too late, i'm sorry." He whispered. "No!" She was in denial.

"Stefan, get Elena out of here." I told him, no longer able to deal with Elena's crying. "We'll deal with this." Damon said, looking at Bonnie's body. "What do you mean, deal with this?" Elena asked getting up reluctantly. "The sheriff can't know about this." I stated. "Last thing we need is another mysterious death." Damon said almost carelessly. "This is Bonnie!" Elena screamed at the two of us.

"Get her home." I told Stefan. "Now." Damon added.

Damon's POV-
"She cast a spell." Alex said with crossed arms. "She's alive, Elena. Bonnie's ok." I told them as Alex and I went to the stairs. "You know you could have told me." Stefan snapped.

Alex rolled her eyes. "How can we tell you things when you blab things to your girlfriend?" Legitimate question. "Can you two even understand what you put her through?" Of course we understand. "See, that's why we didn't tell you." I nearly snarled. "Cause you would have never been able to do it. Don't get me wrong, Stefan." I said. "I don't mind being the bad guy. I'll make the life and death decisions while you're busy worrying about collateral damage. I'll even let her hate me for it even." I sucked in an unnecessary breath. "But at the end of the day, i'll be the one to keep her alive."

Jeremy's POV-
"What is that?" Bonnie asked me. "It's WiFi. If we're gonna be stuck here, then we might as well have internet." Bonnie gave a brief smile. "You don't have to stay down here with me." She told me. "Hey, look," I rubbed her hand. "i'm not letting you out of my sight."

"I… I need you to talk to Elena for me." Bonnie said a bit sadly. "Tell her how sorry I am for what Damon, Alex, and I had to do." Alex. We'd have to talk. "Well- why don't you tell her yourself?" I said and turned the laptop to reveal Elena on webcam.

Alex's POV-
"Apology accepted." I heard Damon say to Elena. "But let me be clear about something." I stayed behind the wall. "If it comes down to you and the witch again, I will gladly let Bonnie die, because I will always choose you." My heart twisted in do many ways I didn't recognize. Tears easily slid down my face. Fuck.

"Good night Damon." She finally said to Damon. "Good night." Damon told her and walked out as I easily concealed myself. I didn't want to be seen yet.

After a while I finally wiped away my tears, and also saw something interesting Elena looking suspicious. "Ello Elena." I said popping out of nowhere and she jumped very high. Normally I would have been amused but right now I just didn't feel like laughing. "Alex." She said putting her hand over her heart. "You scared me." I nodded. "So what are you doing sneaking around your house?" I asked Elena with crossed arms. "Looking for you." She admitted sheepishly. "I need your help."
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I don't own TVD just Alex and any other OC that comes l along unless i say other wise

So the dance finally happened and Klaus made the shout out to Elena and Alex. Or as Klaus calls her- Alexa. That is Klaus's nickname for Alex. And only he calls her that. And what did you think of Klaus flirting with Alex in Alaric's body? And yes Alex knew the risks Bonnie would be taking. R&R please.

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/alex_siren_last_dance/set?id=30184026&lid=793105