So Long, Soldier

Where?

Katelyn’s pov.

I walked out of the clothing tent and put my clean clothes in my beach bag. I noticed everyone was playing volleyball as Isobel kept score on the scoreboard. Their teams were named after their favorite movies. Jack’s team was called Team Home Alone and Alex’s was Team Peter Pan.

Jack’s team consisted of Tom, Alex and Zack while Jack’s team consisted of Jack, Riley and Rian. I sat on my towel and watched them as it was six and three. I ended up watching them for a half hour until I got lost in my writing. I wasn’t even aware what time it was when I heard my name being called.

“Katelyn? Are you okay?” I looked up to see that the sun was starting to set as Isobel was trying to light a bonfire with a man with peppered colored hair. “Are you alright?” Alex asked as I looked at him. “Yeah” I yawned as he laughed. “Are you hungry?” I nodded as I smiled at him. “Good, dad brought a lot of food” said Alex as he walked away.

“Katie, what have you been doing?” Riley asked. “Just writing” I said. “She passed out” I heard Alex say as ge was talking to his mum. “Peter, go get the cooling get from the store. She’s gonna need it for her sun burn” said Isobel as I looked down at my arms and screamed as the guys walked over. My arms were red and the rest of my body was most likely was since I was in so much pain, I felt like I was walking through fire.

“I’m sorry Wendy” said Alex as he frowned. “Who’s Wendy?” I asked. “It’s your new nickname” Alex replied. “Okay Peter” as Alex and I laughed. “You always sound so classy with your British accent” said Alex. “I remember when you wanted to grow o ut of your’s, Alexander “said Isobel as she walked over.

“Are you ready to eat?” she asked as I frowned I tried to get up and winced in pain. “Can someone carry meh?” I asked as I was suddenly lifted in the air. I looked up and saw Jack as he carried meh bridal style towards Mrs. Gaskarth’s car and set me on the trunk lid. “Thanks Jack attack” I replied as he looked at me and smiled. I skooched back into the car and laid down as the guys sat on the trunk lid. “Here’s your stuff” said Alex as he stuck my bag next to me as I quickly drifted off to sleep.

~x~x~x~

I was suddenly jerked awake when I felt myself moving. I looked around to see that I was being carried upstairs. Looking up at the person, I saw it was Alex as he laid me down on a bed that I wasn’t familiar with.

“Hey sleepy head. What are you doing awake?” Alex asked. “Where are we??” I asked. We’re at my place. We already called your mom and she said it was okay to stay the night” said Alex as I smiled. “Where are the guys? Riley?” “They’re downstairs and Riley went home” said Alex. “Okay” I yawned as he slipped out the door. “Alex” I called as he peeked his head in. “Will yeh stay in here with meh?” I asked as he nodded and made his way over .

Alex’s Pov.

“Where are the guys? Riley?” Katelyn asked. “They’re downstairs and Riley went home” I said as I looked at her exhausted face. “Okay” Katelyn yawned as I slipped out the door. I got halfway down the hallway when I heard my name being called.

“Alex?” Katelyn called as I headed back to my room and peeked my head in. “Will yeh stay with meh?” Katelyn asked as I smiled and nodded. I walked over, laid down and watched as she curled into a ball and buried her head into my chest. I watched her as she closed her eyes and heard her slow and steady breathing then before I knew it I was out like a light.