Salem Falls

Liam & Lucie

There was a certain stillness in the air as Lucie laid next to Liam, watching him sleep, and it was making her uneasy. She knew maybe Liam was right, maybe she was just being paranoid, but this tightness in her stomach refused to leave her. She looked over at Liam, his buttoned nose, plump lips, and the birthmark on his neck. She ran her fingers over it before leaning down, giving it a small kiss. She knew she had to protect him, to keep him safe from the Sixth Circle and her parents.

She quickly got up, getting dressed as she kept her eyes on the door, knowing something was very, very wrong. “Lucie?” She turned to see Liam as he stirred, looking over at her. “Planning to hit it and run?” He chuckled but when he saw the serious look on her face his smile vanished. “Lucie what’s wrong?”

“We have to get out of here.” She said simply. “Something’s just… not right.” He let out a long sigh as he stood, pulling on his boxers before walking over to her.

“Lucie, they can’t hurt you. I won’t let them.”

“It’s not me I’m worried about Liam.” She said, turning to him. “Please, can we just leave?” He let out another sigh, running his hands over his short hair, but when he saw the fear in her eyes he knew he couldn’t keep her here.

“Alright, let’s pack up and check out. Then we can head for the nearest airport.” She smiled softly before wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug.

“Thank you.”

“Anything for you Lucie.” He said simply, kissing the top of her head. He then let go, pulling on his jeans and shoes. But just as he had started to button his shirt Lucie froze, her eyes wide. She was shaking uncontrollably as she looked at the door.

But before Liam had a chance to ask her what was wrong it flew off the hinges, hitting Lucie head on and smashing her into the wall. “LUCIE!” Liam screamed. The door clattered to the floor and she tumbled down with it, a trail of blood running down her face. He started over for her, but before he could take a step he went flying into the wall.

“Well look at what we have here Edgar.” Annabelle cooed. “The little lovebird nest.” She walked over to Lucie, pulling her up roughly by her long hair. “You didn’t think you’d really be able to get away did you? You’re not smart enough.”

“Leave her alone.” Liam growled, gripping his shoulder as he shakily stood. He felt a hand around his throat as Edgar grabbed him, his eyes dark.

“Look what I found Annabelle.” He chuckled. “The mutt who’s been messing around with our Lucie.” He tightened his grip on Liam’s throat, picking him up off the ground. “Should I put him down?”

“Not yet.” Annabelle snapped. With that Edgar quickly dropped Liam, leaving the Lunar Circle boy gasping for breath. “I want to make sure he dies a nice, slow death while Lucie watches.” With that Annabelle threw Lucie into Liam, causing them both to hit the ground with a loud thud.

“What were you thinking my love?” Edgar asked, both of them looking at the battered and bruised pair before them.

“Maybe we roast him alive.” Annabelle cooed. “Or since your such a little flower boy, we could let your beloved trees tear you apart.”

“Annabelle please.” Lucie choked out, looking at her mother. “I’ll do whatever you want, just don’t hurt Liam.” Annabelle giggled darkly, walking over to Lucie and pulling her roughly to her feet.

“Look at you roll over for him, well I can already guess you do since you’re such a little whore-”

“Shut your mouth you bitch.” Liam hissed. All three Delacroix’s turned to him as he slowly stood, glaring at Annabelle. “She will never be like you.” Annabelle’s eyes turned black as she shoved Lucie into Edgar, who quickly kept her pinned.

“Annabelle please.” Lucie whimpered. “I’ll go back, I’ll marry Zayn, just don’t hurt him.” Annabelle simply ignored Lucie, walking over to Liam with a snarl.

“You think you know me flower fucker?” She growled. “You think just because you hear Lucie pitch you her sob stories that you have any idea what I’m like?” She grabbed the front of Liam’s shirt, but he stayed tall as she glared at him. “I do nothing but sacrifice for my family.”

“No, you sacrifice your family for yourself.” Liam slapped, slapping her hand away with such force that it drove Annabelle back a few steps. She looked up in shock as Liam seemed to grow taller, his already dark eyes turning jet black. “Lucie is the most perfect, beautiful woman I’ve ever known and all you do is make her miserable!” Lucie looked over, seeing the curtains begin smoking as Liam did what she usually warned against, he began to lose his temper.

“Liam.” She whispered. She tried to look helpless to try and infuriate him more as he turned to her, and it worked. His jaw clenched as he turned back to Annabelle, his fists shaking.

“Maybe I should have let Lucie kill you, maybe I should just kill you both so you’ll leave her alone!” He screamed. The curtains burst into flames, the bedspread beginning to burn as Anabelle eyed the door. “Oh no you don’t.” He hissed. The door flew back into place before a wall of thick vines wrapped over it, blocking off the only exit.

Annabelle looked like a cornered tiger as Liam stalked towards her, so she did the only thing she knew, attacked. She hurled the bed at Liam, but he simply turned it around, using it to slam her into the wall as the fire spread along the wall and the floor, smoke beginning to fill the room. Lucie could feel Edgar shaking as Liam simply punched him in the face, knocking him to the ground and scooping up Lucie.

The vines quickly retracted, letting the door fall and the pair escape as they stumbled outside. Liam looked back into the room, swallowing nervously before with a quick spell he put the door back into place. He then looked at Lucie, shrinking down a foot so he was back to his normal height. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” She promised, hugging him tightly. “But that’s what happens when you lose your temper?” He nodded. “Jesus Christ, remind me to never make you angry.”

“Well, that’s been building up for a long time.” He said simply. “Now come on lets go before people start asking questions.” With that he took her hand in his as they both made their way to his car, leaving the charred hotel room and Lucie’s parents behind.

* * *


“Liam, are you sure this is going to work?” Lucie asked nervously, shuffling from foot to foot as they stood at Niall’s door.

“Absolutely. Niall is my closest friend, we can hide here for a while, we’ll be safe.” She swallowed nervously, looking at the ground.

“I just don’t want anyone else getting hurt because of me.” She whispered. “My parents were going to kill you.”

“But they didn’t.”

“But they could have.” She said darkly. Liam sighed, wrapping his arm around her as they heard shuffling before a blonde boy opened the door. When he saw Liam his blue eyes went wide, and somehow they managed to grow even bigger when he saw Lucie beside him.

“Liam?” He choked out. “Why… what are you doing with…?” Liam simply sighed, looking at Lucie.

“Can we come in?” He said simply. Niall looked between them before nodding, obviously confused as he let them inside. But the moment the door was shut, Niall pounced.

“Where did you go? Evelyn and I were worried sick we thought the Sixth Circle might have gotten to you.” He then quickly turned to Lucie. “Speaking of which.”

“Niall.” Liam said, taking a deep breath. “I believe you already know Lucie Delacroix.”

“Well, I’ve heard of you.” Niall said simply, extending his hand. “I’m Niall Horan.” She gave him a small nod, shaking his hand. “So why is Malik’s fiancée with you?” Liam let out another long sigh.

“You might want to sit down, it’s a long story.”

As they all plopped down on Niall couch Liam told him everything, about his and Lucie’s first meeting in the woods as children, to their secret romance, to running away to keep her from marrying Zayn. As he went on Niall’s face never gave away a single emotion, he just took everything in and Lucie was absolutely terrified. She gripped Liam’s hand, hoping the blonde boy really could be trusted as Liam finished.

There was an uncomfortable silence as Niall looked over to Lucie, cocking his head to one side. “So, your parents are complete psychos, don’t know if you caught that.” The trio chuckled lightly, glad to relieve some of the tension in the room before Niall grew quiet again. “Liam, I hate to break this too you, but things have only gotten worse since you’ve been gone.”

“What do you mean?” Lucie asked. Niall let out a long sigh, licking his lips.

“The Sixth circle is starting to get out of control. I’m afraid we might have no choice but to fight.” Lucie paled at that, the thought of having to choose a side should it come to an all out war. As much as she loved Liam, she didn’t know if she could fight Siren, Harry or Zayn. The thought of having to hurt any of them, but her closest friend especially, made her nauseous. Niall saw this and sighed, looking a Liam. “We’ve got a few of them that we can probably get on our side, but we need Zayn.”

Lucie felt Liam’s eyes on her and shuddered. “No.” She said simply.

“Niall, can you give us a minute?” Liam asked. The blonde nodded, walking out as Liam turned to her. “Lucie, you can talk him into it, you can get him to help us-”

“If he says no he’ll kill you.” She said simply, looking at him. “You realize that right? He will destroy you.”

“Lucie, I don’t care. I need to keep you safe and sending you back to that cult of psychos-” He stopped when he saw her glare at him. “Sorry.” He reached over, giving her hand a soft squeeze. “I can’t lose you again.”

“I can’t lose you either Liam.”

“So talk to Zayn Lucie.” He begged. “Please.” She sighed, running a hand through her hair before she looked at him.

“Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so long everyone!
But it looks like Lucie is finally free from her parents!

oxoxoxox
LS