Status: Hey! Trying this out- tell me what you think! :)

Maybe Someday

My Understandings

The next morning was a Monday, which absolutely sucked. I had school, but afterwards I was going over Fay's house. So my day wasn't that bad.
Come 3:00, I walked to Fay's place and knocked on the door. One of her fathers, Oliver opened the door. Fay was adopted by Oliver and Jaxin Deen, the happiest couple I knew. Their house was a huge, Victorian-era house with four bedrooms and five bathrooms. Needless to say it was beautiful.
"Aster!” Oliver said, pulling me into a half-hug and leading me into the house. “Fay's in the kitchen helping Jaxin make dinner."
"Thanks, Oli!" I headed towards the fancy kitchen.
"BUGGIE." Fay called to me.
"STRIPES!" I called back, using the nicknames we had given each other in our sophomore year. We were seniors now, and the nicknames had stuck since. "Come in the living room, I need to talk to you." Fay nodded and followed me in. She took a seat on the green vinyl couch, and I sat next to her.
"So yesterday, I had help group right?"
"Yeah. I know."
"They called on me and I told my story, and then Peter called on this guy."
"Ooh." Fay cooed. "Eye candy?"
"Gorgeous."
"Get on that!"
"He tried to get in my car."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean he followed me to my car and tried to get in."
"Did you let him?"
"No! I just met the guy, what am I? Insane?"
"Partly." She laughed. “What are you going to do?”
“Force you to come with me next week.”
“Oh hell no. I am not going there.”
“Why? You made me sign up in the first place.”
“I’ll think about it, okay?”
“Fine.”
After our conversation, we moved back into the kitchen.
“Aster, do you want to stay?” Jaxin offered. He was always the more refined of the pair. Jaxin was calm and cool, whereas all Oliver wanted to do was party and have fun.
“Sure! Just.. let me call Robin, okay?”
“You know where the phone is, honey.”
Robin was my great-aunt, whom I lived with. I hadn’t seen my mother since I was 7, which makes it ten years since I’ve seen her. My father owned a catering business and restaurant, and he was constantly working, so I never spoke to him. Living with Robin had its troubles. I constantly felt like a burden to her, even though I knew I wasn’t.
Robin had no problem with me staying over Fay’s house, and actually offered to let me stay the night. I thanked her, told her I would sleep over, and hung up.
Spending the night at Fay’s house was always fun.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do. That doesn't restrict much, but you get the idea." Oliver advised us, before Jaxin and he went to watch television in the living room.
Our night was filled with popcorn, plenty of Doritos, and a lot of Zac Efron movies.