Save Me?

Chapter One

-1813-
I couldn’t think. Not right now. This wasn’t going to end in a very pleasant way. I was trying to keep up a steady pace. I had made a mistake, one that may in fact take my life. I couldn’t lose this; I had too much to lose. My family needed me. My father was killed for a debt he owed, and what I am being chased after? The same damn thing.
I hid behind a giant fallen oak tree. I thought it was safe. Safe from this all. Safe from this mess I have brought onto myself. But in reality? I was wrong. Dead wrong. After a few minutes of hiding behind the fallen tree, I could hear their footsteps increasing. To the point where they were right behind me. Behind the tree. But that’s the last thing I could remember.

-2 days later-
Two things woke me up. One a splintering head ache. It was as if someone was taking a knife to the back of my head, and stabbing me repetitively. Over and over, all in the same spot. Two, was the sounds of two voices outside the room. A room for which I was not familiar with. The voice were behind one the pale white walls. The room was quite large, too large for my taste. One of the four walls was consumed in a floor to ceiling window, something very rare here and quite honestly, very expensive.
The voices that were seeping into the room belonged to a man and a woman. I could only make out the latter half of their conversation, for which they were coming closer and closer to the opened door
“ Christopher, do you really want to do this?” The women protested.
The man signed with a sound of ignorance, “Yes Ember. We need him. I told you he was predicted.”
“You’ve said it yourself Christopher, your vision are not always accurate.” Something in the women’s voice said she didn’t want to follow her husband, something not uncommon in these times. But to call him out on something like that, even if something so unnatural, so abnormal, you don’t just do that. This said that the women, by the name of Ember, held the power in this relationship.
But the man, Christopher, came back, “ Ah indeed my dear, but if you do recall, the past several years, not days, not weeks, not months, but years my visions have been nothing but fully accurate, so do not start to doubt me Ember.”
“Let me go check on him then,” and with that I could hear her clicking heels enter the room I lied in. I couldn’t make anything out, the room was completely blurred out, could make out the shape of things but not give and adequate name.
“My name is Ember,” The women began, sitting at the end of the bed, “ I’m sorry for all of this. Would you mind telling me your name and age my dear boy?” I tried to sit up, using the headboard as support for my back, but with every move I made pain shot through my back, as if lightening was there instead. “ Oh sweet heart, just lay down and rest ok?”
“Yes ma’am” I mumbled.
“Your name and age?” She pressed.
“Jack. Jack Barakat. I’m only 17 Ma’am” I groaned, trying to find my original spot. It wasn’t just my back that hurt, but it was my whole body that was consumed in pain.
“Jack, uh? Is it short for Jackson?”
“No ma’am, just Jack” I grumbled, finding a close enough position to before.
“Well Jack, I don’t want you moving or talk ok? You need your rest, and I need you to listen to me.”
I obeyed her order and just nodded in agreement. We sat in silent for several minutes, causing me to get more and more sleepy as time passed before she finally spoke. “ Alright. My husband found you two days ago, and we took you in. You have been out for those two days. You are in really bad condition. And all I need you to do is drink this” she held up a bottle wrapped in a paper bad, “and just rest after ok? Can you do that Jack?”
I nodded once more in agreement, taking the bottle from her and into my own hand. I lifted the bottle to my lips, taking a glance at what liquid was flowing between those curved glass walls. The liquid was a deep, dark velvet color, but another thing about it was it didn’t flow smoothly, nor was is liquidy, it was slow and thick. I moved the top of the bottle up till it made contact with my lips, and tipped it up to let the slow, deep liquid coat my throat.
“Now rest Jack, it’s going to be a hard several days.” Following her words, I rested my back on the pillow, and pulled the covers over my self and drifted off into a deep and undisturbed sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, long no time no update! But sorry, i have just been busy, and with this one i am re-writing one of my old stories, so im following my original one and trying to change it, but yea! Enjoy my beauties! Love me with comments!