Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 30

Zacky and I returned a few minutes later with several beers for everyone. The guys were limited, much to their dismay, to only one because they still had to drive to the hotel later on. Right as I was about to sit down back in my seat though, Val yanked me back up by my arm and pulled me after her back toward the vending area, but not before I glanced at Zack and saw him giving Brian a low five as they smirked at eachother. Boys.

"So spill. What was all that about?" Val crossed her arms and leaned up against the wall behind her. The grin on her face was a mischievous one, without a doubt.

"Zacky just wanted to make our own side bet. That's all." I could feel a blush coming onto my cheeks. I guess I had never been good at hiding things so why should that change now?

"And that bet would be…" I sighed as I stuffed my hands in my back pockets.

"If the Angels are up by three runs, I get a new car. If they are up by six runs, well, I have to do whatever Zacky wants in the hotel room." The blush on my face increased as Val's eyes got bigger.

"Ooo kinky! And you agreed to that? Wooo things are going to be steamy in the hotel this weekend!" Val uncrossed her arms and wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

"Yeah I did agree. Kinda scary but I did. Ugh I'm doomed aren't I?" She just smiled and nodded her head causing me to grimace and laugh.

"Come on I want some popcorn before we head back. All those guys ever think about is booze… never the popcorn." Val looked insulted as she talked about her never getting popcorn. She just kept going on and on about how Matt always forgot to get her some when they came to games.

I guess my laughter kept me from paying attention to where I was going because as we turned the corner I ran smack dab into something solid. That something happened to be a guy.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry!" I apologized as I looked up to face the guy, who apparently had been unaffected by the collision as he was looking me and Val up and down.

"And what might two lovely ladies such as yourself be doing here?" This guy was a sleeze, even though he looked to be in his twenties still.

"What do you think jackass, we're here to see the game like every other person that bought a ticket. Come on Katie." Val and I were about to step away from the guy when he placed his hand on my shoulder and spun us both back around.

"I like em feisty." Can you say ew? Val and I both could.

"Is there a problem here?" The three of us turned to face none other than Matt and Zacky.

"Nope, just trying to convince my girlfriend to come back to our seats." The guy pointed at me as he spoke. I couldn’t help but smile as Zacky looked pissed off beyond belief.

"Oh you think so? What if I told you she was my girlfriend?" The guy gulped as Zacky stepped up to him with clenched fists. Matt took a step up behind Zacky.

"I'll tell you what," Matt flexed his arms in what seemed to be a natural way, yet Val and I both knew it was definitely not natural. "You leave our girlfriends alone, go back to your seat, and enjoy the game before we decide to beat the living shit out of you. Sound like a plan?" The guy just nodded and released my arm before he scurried back toward the stands, thankfully in the opposite direction of where we sat.

"Now do you two care to explain what you're doing out here?" Zacky questioned as I gave him a hug.

"I wanted my damn popcorn that I never get!" Val glared up at Matt at the same time I pulled away from Zack. The sight was quite funny. Matt looked somewhat frightened of Val as she told him off. And Val was sure determined.

"Ok we'll go get you some popcorn, just don't flip out on me." Matt grabbed her hand and led her to the popcorn line as Zacky dragged me to follow.

"Thank you. That guy was starting to annoy me. I ran into him as we turned the corner because Val was cracking me up with her popcorn rant."

"Matt and I were getting kind of worried. We assumed you had just gone to the bathroom but then when you didn’t come back we decided to go find you two. The game's about to start in a few minutes anyway. You want some popcorn too?" He fished out his wallet from his back pocket and pulled out a ten.

"Sure."

"You only get it if I can share some." Zacky handed the vending guy the money and we got a giant popcorn in return.

"Like I'm going to say no." I smirked as we walked over to where Matt and Val were waiting. Val looked like she was on cloud nine. She was clutching her popcorn in one hand while shoveling some on with her other. Matt just stood there shaking his head as we laughed.

"Damn Val…" Zacky started but was cut off by Val's intense glare.

"Shut it Baker." Zacky backed off immediately. Apparently no one messed with Val and her food.

~xXx~

By the time the seventh inning rolled around, I was starting to get nervous. The Angels were up by four and kept getting players on base. Things were not looking up for me. Between us girls, we had almost finished off several containers of popcorn along with a few beers each. I was staring intently at the field as Guerrero came up to bat. Sadly, in my case, the bases were loaded. That put me in a lot of worry, especially since he was one of their best batters.

"Nervous?" Zack's deep voice asked in my ear, startling me enough to send a bit of popcorn flying.

"Zacky don't do that! You scared me." Val was nudging me in the side in a playful way as I turned back to glance at Zacky.

"Maybe a little bit." He just laughed as I turned back around to face the field.

"Hell yeah!!!!" Zacky shouted along with just about everyone else in the stadium as Guerrero hit it out of the park, meaning that Zacky was one step closer to winning. Everyone was on their feet cheering, myself included since I was happy for the team. Zacky leaned over my seat and wrapped his arms around my middle, well it was more right under my boobs since he was higher up than I was, as he swung me from side to side as we both cheered. Val then poked Zacky's arm a few times and he let go. I stared questioningly at Val but she wrapped her arms around me in return and continued her cheering. Zacky and Matt both stared at us like we were insane.

"Dude, this is like watching girl porn." Matt muttered to Zacky, well more like shouted over the people which meant both Val and I heard him. We stopped jumping up and down only to turn and glare at Matt, well glare in my case, Val was too busy punching him in the arm.

"That's just wrong Matt." Val exclaimed. Brian looked over at our scowled faces and busted up laughing as Zacky and Matt both tried to look as innocent as possible.

"Forget them Val, see if they ever get anything from us again." I grabbed her arm and we took our seats once more. We both had slight grins on our faces and were waiting for the reaction that we knew would soon follow.

All we heard were a mixture of 'Katie, Val, sorry, won't say it again, come on girls, please?' Val and I were in stitches from laughing.

Once we got the boys settled down Zacky reached down and grabbed my popcorn. I didn’t think anything of it since we were sharing, that is until I saw pieces flying over my head toward people in the lower rows. A few pieces hit a brunette two rows up. She just didn't take notice I guess. I turned around with a small smile on my face and saw Zacky clutching the popcorn, snickering with the other four. Zacky just winked at me as Jimmy grabbed a few pieces and subtly lobbed them into the air where they proceeded to hit a guy who looked to be around their age. The guy flung his head around and looked for the culprit, but obviously the guys had done a good job at hiding it because he turned back to the game.

I turned back to face them once more and just shook my head in a joking way.

"Psh don't shake your head at us missy." Johnny said as he threw a piece at me. As was typical with my luck, the piece of popcorn bounced off my forehead and fell right down my shirt. My eyes went wide, as did the girls who had now tuned into the scene, while the guys started cracking up.

"Nice one Johnny." Brian high fived Johnny and just continued to laugh. As I looked up at Zack I saw a smirk starting to adorn his face as he stared at my chest.

Zacky glanced up to my face for a split second. "Let me get that for you." His hand reached out and down my shirt to retrieve the popcorn. My eyes went the size of saucers as his hand explored my chest searching. The guys were howling in laughter along side the girls, those traitors. I reached my hand up to try and pull Zacky's out of my shirt since we were getting some extremely funny, and grossed out looks from the people around us but he was too strong for me.

I locked eyes with Zacky and grasped his hand while staring pointedly into his green orbs. I think he caught my drift because he pulled his hand out and held the piece of popcorn up in the air.

"Got it!" He popped it into his mouth as the guys continued to howl with laughter while the girls instead looked slightly put off. I turned back and bent over to place my head in my hands, slightly embarrassed, especially with some of the looks I was now getting. I felt Zacky's hands rubbing my back. That was his form of an unspoken sorry.

~xXx~

"Looks like I won." The game had just ended and Zacky had made it a point to keep reminding me of his victory in our bet. The final score was ten to four. How he managed to be right on with his bet was beyond me. The guys all swapped their money as we left the park to return to our cars.

"So we'll meet up in the lobby around eight in the morning?" Jimmy looked like he was on a sugar high. His wallet had grown the most thanks to the bets so he was really proud of himself.

A chorus of yeah's was heard from the group and we all spilt up to go our separate ways. It was only four in the afternoon so I was curious as to what Zack had planned.

"So Kate, about tonight…" I didn't have to look over at him to know there was a smirk on his face. I groaned slightly and rolled my eyes.

"Shut up Zack." He laughed as he placed his hand on my thigh giving me the chills.

"I just want you to know I won't pressure you but I do know that you will be enjoying yourself this weekend." I knew that. Zack had told me when we first started dating that he wouldn’t pressure me into sex until I was ready, and I was amazed he was still keeping his word.

"I think I could use this so called enjoyment you speak of. Just not… ummm well…"

"Don't worry babe. I respect your decisions one hundred percent. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to make you enjoy yourself in other sexual ways."

I smiled. How often is it that you find an understanding guy such as Zacky? I'll tell you how often, not very.
♠ ♠ ♠
funny story.... the DAY after i originally wrote this i went to a san diego padres game. aka... baseball game. annnd someone, higher up in the stands, thought it would be fun to try and throw jelly beans in my sweatshirt hood.... grrrrrr. made me mad! but i laughed since the situation was so similar that the one in this update!