Status: ;3 Active & my favorite idea. <3

The Return.

Why

My hands lift off the grey interrogation table and I lightly slap them against my face...haven't slept since she left. If that's the right word.

"Let me go in there!" I demand, staring angrily at the meek officer, who sat tiredly in front of me.

"That place is rotting to pieces. I know you young'ns like to explore abandoned houses, but that property is off limits. It would have been searched a long time ago if we had any evidence leading us there," He shakes his head and picks up the red mug next to his right hand. I sense whatever is in it is bitter by the way he presses his lips together after drinking.

"She is in that house!" My hands slam back onto the table. The cursive J tattooed on my right hand steals my attention. It had been only a couple of months since it was done...and just like her it's beginning to fade.

The officer lightly sits down his mug. Pity is in his eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if he could smell me, haven't showered since her disappearance. He could be pitying me for many reasons.

"The owner of that house has lately had complaints about trespassers. He's threatened to shoot the next one. Our county has decided to ban people from going near it now, for everyone's protection," The officer replies in a sorrowful tone. He might as well be on repeat. That's the same thing he's been saying for the past hour.

"And what if I said that I was gonna go in there?" My words slice his face with amaze. The officer's lip curve, releasing a smirk onto his face. I hope he doesn't think I'm joking. My hands can smash his head into this table in two seconds.

"I would have to arrest you then," The officer affirms, licking his chapped lips. He gave the two-sided mirror a quick glance before returning his eyes back onto mine. "Son, I get that she was your fiancée, but you're wasting your time and mine by being here..."

"Is this like a robbery? Wait outside and hope she comes out?...We need force. No, I need...I don't need you guys. I am willing to go get her...I don't understand why I would be in trouble for doing that." I sternly state. The officer scoffs and begins tapping on his empty carton of cigarettes.

"I have worked for twenty years in this place. This is the only time where I feel like the one who is being interrogated." The officer confesses, watching my hope diminish by each second. He rubs his dark circled eyes and looks down at the picture of Jana and I.

Her deep red hair gleamed in the photo. Our smiles birthed the entire portrait with sheer happiness. The officer's eyes raise, staring now at what became of the young man in the frame. The person I am now. The only thing that was stopping me from having a breakdown was the arisen sympathy being shaped into his face as he surveyed the picture.

As he stared down at his wedding ring, the officer let out a long sigh. His eyes quickly shoot to the mirror again. The officer lifts up three fingers. The red light on the camera turns off. He scoots his old body closer to the table. The edge of the corner stabs into his gut. I lean forward, giving him all my focus.

"I hear there are bad things in that house...It is restricted, but I can't help but to remember a malnourished young lad come in here about a similar story, not many years back," He whispers towards my face. I sit back as his words escape his mouth. Why hadn't I thought about that?...Oh yeah I remember now.

"Dakota left the town, I can't ask her..." I retract, shaking my head, leaning back against the heated metal chair. My mind couldn't fathom asking Dakota...Dakota as in the girl I met in seventh grade. The girl I dated for six years. The girl that I broke up with senior year after she escaped that...that house.

"She is the only one that has come out of that building, Daniel." He pushes away from the table and gets up to his feet. I stare at his unironed uniform, trying to figure my thoughts. I look up at him, almost unwillingly. I know he isn't going to listen to me much longer so I might as well get something out of him.

"If she goes with me, you won't arrest me?"

"Daniel, if you go there and manage to some how get out....you shouldn't worry about me arresting you. The chance of you finding Jana is slim, but the chance of you finding her with Dakota is less slim."

"Where is she..if she didn't leave?"

"Knoxville Psychiatric Hospital,"