Status: One shot;;

Ice Cream Date

1/1

“Are you looking good for your lover?” Jess asked as she watched me apply eye liner. I looked at her then went back to doing what I was doing.

“He’s not my lover, Jess. Tony is my best friend.” I said.

“Oh come on, Carmen. We both know that you want more…hell, the only one that doesn’t know is Tony.” Jess said. I shook my head.

“Just stop. Go hang out with Jaime or something.” I said. She shrugged.

“Who knows? Tonight might be the night he confesses his undying love for the one and only Carmen Santino.” She said. I really wanted to chuck my eyeliner pencil at her. She can be so annoying. Maybe that’s why her and Jaime are perfect for each other.

“Get out, Jaimette.” I said.

“You’re a loser, Carmen. Gesh, lighten up.” She said walking out of the room. I shrugged. We were only joking with each other. I finished, grabbed my phone and keys just in case Jess wasn’t home. I walked out into the living room to see everybody there but Tony.

“Well don’t you look good, Carmen.” Jaime said. I looked over at him and saw Jess cuddled up to him, sleeping. She can fall asleep anywhere. Honestly, they looked good together but they were only best friends. Jaime had his arm around her and would pull her a little. I smiled. He shook his head because he knew what I was thinking. I sat on the couch and waited for Tony. Today was our day were we go out together and just be us. Tony walked into the living room.

“Hey Carmen, are you ready for some awesome Tony and Carmen day?” He asked. I nodded then stood up and we walked out. We walked because Jess and I lived on the beach front. Her parents are rich. I loved the beach and she hated it. She loved the cold. I think she’s crazy.

“So what are we doing today? I hope not swimming because I didn’t wear my bathing suit.” I said. He shook his head.

“I’m feeling some ice cream. We can get you some Cookies N’ Crème that you always like.” He said. I smiled because he remembered my favorite. We didn’t talk the whole way there. We ordered our ice cream and I tried paying for it but Tony slapped my hand away.

“Get yo’ hand back, fool.” He laughed. He handed the older lady a twenty. She gave him change back.

“Young love.” She mumbled as she turned around to go make our order. I glanced at Tony then looked away.

“Young love. That’s crazy.” I said shifting back and forth from one leg to another waiting for my ice cream. I noticed that Tony just shrugged. He was acting extremely weird today. The older lady walks over to the corner and hands Tony our order.

“Gracias, amigo mío.” I said. He laughed.

“No hay de qué, amigo mío.” He replied. I smiled before taking a bite of my Cookies N’ Crème.

“Jaime’s always talking in Spanish.” Tony said. I shrugged before walking over to a booth and sitting down. Tony sat across from me and we ate in silence. It was totally awkward and I’m not entirely sure why it was awkward. We’ve never been awkward before. We finished our ice cream in twenty minutes. We stood up, threw away our trash then we decided to go walk along the beach. I didn’t care where we went just as long as I was hanging out with Tony. He was mi mejor amigo. Half way through our walk, Tony grabbed my hand. I looked up at him and saw he was smiling that gorgeous smile.

“Young love.” I heard Tony mumble.

“What was that?” I asked. He stopped which made me stop and turn to look at him.

“What do you think of love?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Love is a force of nature. You can invite love, but you cannot dictate how, when, and where love expresses itself. You can choose to surrender to love, or not, but in the end love strikes like lightening, unpredictable and irrefutable. Love is inherently free. It cannot be bought, sold, or traded. You cannot make someone love you, nor can you prevent it, for any amount of money. Love cannot be imprisoned nor can it be legislated. Love is not a substance, not a commodity, nor even a marketable power source. Love has no territory, no borders, no quantifiable mass or energy output. Love is love.” I said looking up at Tony. He just stood there.

“Have you ever been in love?” He asked as we just looked at each other. I shrugged, looking away.

“He doesn’t even know it.” I said softly.

“Who is it? Have you tried talking to him about it?” He asked. I shook my head.

“No. It wouldn’t work. He only sees me as a friend.” I said.

“How would you know if you never try, Carmen? Don’t hold back. Let love come to you. You should be happy. You deserve to be happy.” He said. I looked at him because I knew he was staring at me this whole time.

“I am happy, though.” I said. He shook his head.

“Let someone love you. Tell that guy that you are in love with him.” Tony said. I shook my head. It was silent for a while.

“Love is love, Tone. I’m happy with my friends. I only want to see yo—my friends happy. That makes me happy.” I said. Tony lifted his hand to brush away some of my hair that feel in my face then cupped my left cheek. We just looked at each other. I knew something was happening. Tony leaned in. I could feel his breathing on my lips. I slowly closed my eyes, waiting for him to press his lips against my lips. It felt like ages but probably only a few seconds before I felt his soft lips touch mine. It was a short kiss but it made me have butterfly fluttered around in my stomach. Did that really happen? Did Tony and I really just kiss?

“Carmen.” Tony whispered against my lips. I just let a little hum escape my lips.

“You’re beautiful. I love you.” He said. I leaned in, pressing my lips against his into a harder yet soft kiss.

“I love you too, Tone.” I said. We pulled away, smiling at each other.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He asked shyly. I don’t think my smile could get any bigger but it did. I threw my arms around his neck, pressing my lips against his and hoping that would give him his answer. We pulled away and without saying a word, we continued along the beach. We started to get tired so we headed back to Jess and I place. I honestly couldn’t stop the smile that was on my face no matter what came at me. We walked into the living room and saw Jess and Mike cuddling. I could hear sniffling. Jess looked up, her eyes were blood shot, her nose was red. I rushed over to her and pulled her into me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. Mike and Tony walked into the kitchen.

“I told Jaime that I have feelings for him.” She said. I smiled.

“That’s good news. Why are you crying?” I asked. She shook her head.

“He doesn’t feel the same. After he said that, he walked out and whenever I try to call him, he doesn’t answer. I think I literally fucked my friendship up with him, Carmen.” She said as fresh tears started to pour from her eyes. I rocked us back and forth.

“I’m so sorry, love. You’re seriously the greatest thing ever that could be in his life and if he can’t see that then fuck him. You don’t need that. You need someone that will love you.” I said not really sure what to say.

“You’re awesome. I love you, Carmen.” She mumbled.

“I’ve recently been told that.” I said. She looked up at me and all I could do was smile. She smiled big before letting out a squeal.

“Are you Tony’s girlfriend now? Oh my gesh!!” She shouted. I only nodded. She tackled me into a hug.

“Fuck Jaime. This right here just made my whole day better. I can’t even begin. I’ve been waiting for this day. About fucking time, Turtle.” Jess shouted the last part for Tony to hear. I heard Mike laugh then I saw Tony and Mike walk back out into the living room. Jess moved over and Tony sat in between us as Mike sat on the other side of Jess. We started watching a movie, which was Star Wars. Mike and Jess both fell asleep about twenty minutes into the movie. They were cuddled up together. Honestly, Jaime and her make a good couple but fuck, so didn’t Mike and her. I knew Mike had feelings for her but Jess really like Jaime. We’ll see what happens. I glanced at Tony. He was just staring at the television screen, smiling. Him and his obsession with Star Wars. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into him close. I felt him kiss the top of my head as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

“I love you, Carmen Santino.” He whispered before I was consumed into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one shot was written for LadiRainiCarm. One of my best friends. I hope you enjoy it. :)