Status: ~

You Were the First One I Loved

dix-neuf

I took a long shower, shaved, washed my hair twice, and used special lotion/body wash. I smelled amazing, and that was covering up how awful I was on the inside. I dressed myself in a red-orange and different shades of brown striped sweater, and black jeans. I stuck my feet in light brown boots. I loosely put the bit of hair, that had grown out from my short cut, into a ponytail.

I walked to a new coffee shop, I didn’t want the same flow. I wanted a new idea, a new story. The cashier was fairly nice, and she gave me a discount because she liked my books. That was cool. I bought a medium cocoa with whipped cream and a chocolate chip muffin. I set up my laptop and things and started a new document.

I sat for what felt like hours, staring at the blinking cursor. I had no words, no inspiration. I felt pain but how I would transfer that to page I had no clue. “Excuse me love,” I looked up to a pair of wide brown eyes. “Sorry, um, this is embarrassing. My little sister really likes your books.” I smile widely and bit my bottom lip. He pulled out a chair and asked, “may I?” I nodded slowly and he sat his tattooed body down.

“So how old is your sister?” I asked, sipping my cocoa.

“Can I tell you a secret?” He asked bashfully. Confused, I nodded slowly again. “I don’t have a little sister, and I’ve read half of your first book. I just wanted to talk to you.” I laughed softly, and covered my mouth.

“You’re kind of out of the reader poll,” I joked lightly. He shrugged softly and grinned at me. “What brought you to read it?”

“A drunken dare by a mate.” I laughed and shook my head. “I actually do like it, but I’d never admit that- considering.”

“Yeah, it’s a teen novel about a girls life struggle. I’m sure you’d get mocked for it, no matter how great the writing.” I winked jokingly. “Oi, bring your book around sometime and I’ll sign it.”

“To be completely honest with you, I have it in my car.” I laughed again. “I finally understand the fans, I’ll be right back.” He hopped up and, I’m assuming, ran off to get the book.

As I waited for him, I saw a familiar face pass by. Max took steps backwards and locked eyes with me. He looked angry as he stormed in. “You’re fucking hell-bent on hurting Josh, ain’t ya?” I swallowed thickly. “I tried to fucking help you and all you do is go out and fuck ‘im over again. I’m done with your shit, and so is everyone else. For some stupid reason Laura still wants you around, but she’s the only one.”

“Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” The kind cashier said, walking over. “I’m sorry,” She mumbled and escorted him to the door. Max went politely, shooting daggers at me.

“Oh hey, mate.” The man from earlier said to Max in passing, and sat down across from me. “Okay, I’m back.” I smiled at him and took the book from his hands. “Will you sign it to Oli?” I nodded quickly as I wrote out a message.

“Go have pity sex with someone, get over him. Change your name to Vienna, fuck it. Live a new life, who cares?” I sighed as I remembered what Laura had told me. She was absolutely right and I was about to do as told. I signed his book, adding my cellphone number to the end of it. I flashed Oli a smile and closed the book. “I have to get going, but promise me you won’t read that until I’m long gone?” I asked, my cheeks burning red as every second passed by.

“Sure thing, love.” I gathered my things and grabbed my hot chocolate. “Oi, wait!” Oli yelled after me. I turned around, eyebrows raised. “Can I get a photograph?” Oli asked bashfully. I smiled again and nodded. He pulled out his phone and wrapped an arm around me. I smiled the best I could for the camera and he took the picture.

“See you around,” I said my goodbyes to him and rushed out the door. I had butterflies so strong I felt as though could throw up. I took a cab home, not really feeling like walking. I pulled out my laptop the second I got to my couch. I decided to play a bit of Man Overboard as I began my next chapter.

A couple hours after I got home, my phone went off. I smiled when I saw a number I didn’t recognize. “It’s got to be ‘im.” I muttered to myself as I opened it.

from: --- --- ----
message: ok i know u wrote me that note hours ago but i got scared and hi it’s oli sorry it took me so long 2 txt u

I smiled and bit my lip, thinking of a good response to him. He was so cute. I couldn’t get his wide smile out of my head.

to: oli~
message: it’s okay! hi oli c: how are you love?

For a minute there, I forgot all about Josh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRY IT'S TAKEN ME SO LONG TO UPDATE
i'm so so so so so sorry. I was writing twenty and I forgot that I hadn't updated 19 and I'M SO SORRY
please please comment and tell me what you think
yes Oli is Oliver Sykes (one goddamn cutie patootie if you're asking me)
we're nearing the end lovies, twenty is the end
but there will be a sequel!!!!
please comment y'all :)
xo
tiffiny