Status: Active

Somewhere in Neverland

Having Dinner and Being Dinner

Katherine slipped the dress over my body, and I nearly had to laugh at what he was making me dress in. Very unlike the usual dress a man would make his 'date' wear, it was loose-fitting and went past my knees. The dress was simple and made with white eyelet lace, but it was something I might've picked out. If I wore dresses often.

"You may go see him now, dear."

It made me upset to hear the sincerity in her voice and the slight fear and compassion those words seemed to hold. Though they weren't really anything much, her eyes said what the words hadn't. I opened the door and made it a point to walk down the elegant staircase slowly and carefully.

If I wasn't slightly scared and my pulse wasn't so fast, I would have found the the old and beautiful mansion ironic. The dimly lit rooms, the slight must smell they all held. The candlelight flickering over the velvet tablecloth. It could be something straight out of an Anne Rice novel, but the fact that it wasn't got the hairs on the back of my neck to stand.

"You look beautiful, Gracelyn."

I jumped at the sound of his voice, trying desperately not to shiver. I wasn't supposed to like him, but I couldn't make it look like I didn't. Although I wouldn't have to be acting like I didn't much longer and that scared me.

Nothing good comes out of a human/vampire relationship. Just ask Bella and Edward. I quirked a small smile, looking at the carpet.

"Is something funny?"

"Oh, n-no. Nothing at all."

"Good, then. Sit."

I sat at the opposite end of the table, looking up at Alex. I could see him now--all of him--better than I'd been able to since I met him. Not that I haven't seen him before, but this was so much different. The band and the fun-loving, talented guy died a long time ago. Quite literally. And instead, a completely horrifying but sexy man replaced him.

Oh, geesh. I sound completely cliche and just...no. I sighed, biting my lip.

"What ails you?"

"Okay, stop talking like that."

He raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Excuse me?"

I swallowed loudly, looking for anything to drink. Of course, there was only wine. And I seriously was not going to take any chances getting drunk around him. I'd probably beg him to bite me. Ha ha. Yeesh.

"Uh..I..Look, I know who you were. Does that mean anything to you?"

He chuckled softly, his eyes darkening. "I know who you are. Does it mean anything to you?"

"Well, I'm not the crazy one here so no. No, it doesn't."

His gaze hardened, quickly turning from playful to sinister. "You think I am crazy?"

"N-No."

He stood slowly from the table, gracefully striding over to me in mere seconds. He leaned so that his lips were at my ear, and I found it incredibly hard to breathe. "Do not lie to me, Gracelyn. Surely you underestimate my control."

My throat felt like it was closing on itself, and my palms were starting to sweat. My mind was fogging up and I couldn't say anything. His breath was hot on my ear, and the only thing I wanted to do was let him touch me. Or touch him.

I couldn't make sense of anything that was going on around me, but I did remember that I had something I could use against him. I wouldn't be so helpless anymore. I could use his name.

"Alexander William Gaskarth...m-move. Get away from me."

As if I were controlling him, he did. He moved to the wall, his eyes dark with fury. I let out a sigh of relief, thankful that I had read numerous supernatural stories when I was younger. Well, who the hell know being a dork paid off?

"I was wrong. You are far more intelligent than I took you for."

I laughed nervously, running a hand through my hair. "Actually, I don't know what the hell I did. I just know it pissed you off."

"You are not to use my name again, do you understand me?" He spoke darkly, words laced with anger.

I shrunk back in my seat, nodding meekly.

"No. It is 'yes, sir.' Or 'yes, master.'"

Um, who the hell does he think he--? Right. Nevermind. "Yes, sir. I do understand you. Crystal."

"Good. Now we are going to bed."

"But I didn't eat!"

"Would you rather I had a meal?" He smirked, walking to me yet again.

"No," I muttered, chewing on my lip nervously.

Alex laughed again, brilliant white teeth gleaming. I shivered slightly, running my hands across my arms; like Bella, his moods were giving me whiplash. But just as I had two different sides, a scared and sassy one, maybe the old and new Alex were trying to be shown.

"Wait, you said sleep. We. What did you--?"

"You will share a bed with me tonight."

"What?" I questioned, eyes widening.

"Consider it a punishment for you awful behavior."

Well, shit. My hormones were going insane and I'm turning bipolar. Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you guys go. :)