Status: Active

Echo: The Unsung Hero

Making Introductions

"So this is the part where everyone introduces themselves and such bullshit." Tony said while waving his hands dramatically, "Yet we all know who we are. So... to speed things up. Anyone have any questions for her?" He looked around the room as if waiting for someone to jump up and down. Maya looked around the table as well, she wasn't nervous per say. She just wanted to make sure she knew who was talking to her.

Captain America, who reminded her so much of Matt Murdock, raised his hand first. Maya looked at him, focusing on his lips. She was ready for him to ask her about her criminal affiliations, her questionable hero status or even her stint with the X-MEN. These were the most common things she was asked by potential clients.

"Maya, how difficult is it for you to fight without your hearing?" he asked concerned. Obviously Steve Rogers thought of her as a weaker addition to the team.

"I've learned that only looking at someone's actions is more useful than hearing what they have to say." she said delicately.

"Can't say I argue with that." he said with a satisfied grin. Echo remembered her father's Cheyenne stories about chiefs, animal spirits, and traditions. He taught her how appreciate the abilities that came with her deafness. In addition to her photo-reflexive powers, she saw the truths within people, beyond the masks and lies. She knew that the Avengers despite their many differences all wanted to keep the world safe from any type of threat.

"Well we'll have to test your training." Hawkeye said. Maya looked at him with a smirk, she wanted to test out her marksmanship against this master archer.

"I'm sure that you can teach me a thing or two." Echo replied, "I've seen your work. Quite an archer."

He chuckled and looked around at the other members. Bruce Banner spoke next. "She's got my vote."

"Agreed." Stark replied. "So now that we've added a new member, should we have a party? Maybe an initiation ceremony. This is a new thing for us, taking in new members." he said seriously enough.

"Better yet, why don't we go for a run?" Thor suggested with mischievous look in his eye. Maya looked around the room as the entire room agreed. What was their idea of a run?