Status: Active

Don't Close Your Heart

Small Talk

"A life without love is no life at all"

---------------------

At exactly 8:30 the first band called Suicide Lovers took the stage for the first time at The Note. Dixie was busy chatting it up with Ryan who seemed like a really cool guy. She also filled out her application and handed it back to the bartender who was about to hand it to Bam but he quickly shook his head. He didn't want this girl to know about his life just yet. All she needed to know was his name, and if she didn't know that he was rich and famous that wasn't his problem. He wanted to be a normal guy around this girl...was that too much to ask for?

The guys headed by the stage while Bam stayed with the girl named Dixie. He thought it was a cute name for a very beautiful woman. She cleared her throat which made Bam blink a few times. He finally met her gaze. He noticed that she had the most beautiful brown eyes he had ever seen, they were like a natural hazel honey iris color. So exotic that Bam was completely lost in them.

"I never got your full name" her sweet voice said to him.

Bam swallowed hard. He couldn't believe that this beautiful woman was talking to him.

"I'm Bam Margera"

"Bam? Is that your real name?" she asked.

"No, my real name is Brandon but I got the nickname when I was younger"

Dixie smiled at the guy then slid into the seat next to him so she could hear him better. There was just something about this guy that caught her attention. Maybe because he reminded her so much of Kris. He used to wear the usual dark jeans, band t-shirts, adios, and beenies. Kris also had tattoos which drove Dixie crazy. She thought tattoos were sexy on men.

"Do you mind me asking how?" she asked with a slight smile on her face.

Bam couldn't help but stare at her mouth. How he wished he could kiss it, but she was Grant's sister in law--it would be kind of weird to him.

"My pop pop gave me the name because I kept running into walls when I first started learning how to walk" Bam loved the fact that he could make this girl smile. "So, your name is Dixie? After the cups right?"

Dixie laughed. She always got that when she first met new people. "No, my dad was a big civil war buff so he decided to name me Dixie."

"What about Val? She didn't get a kick ass name"

"You know my sister?"

"Well yeah, her husband is practically one of my friends"

"Right. No, Valerie was named after our grandmother"

"I'm sorry to hear about what happened to them"

Dixie softly nodded. Her parents both died in a fatal car accident nearly four years ago. That's another reason why Dixie thought that Valerie moved away from their hometown--to get away from all the memories of their parents.

"It's alright, it happened four years ago. They are in a better place now"

"Why did you decide to move to Westchester?"

"Oh" Dixie didn't really feel like telling this guy about the death of her husband. She was so tired of talking about it. "I was having problems paying my bills so Val offered to have me come live with her"

"That sounds like a loud of bull"

"Excuse me?" she asked with raised eyebrows.

Bam cursed at himself. He only met this girl twenty minutes ago and he was already blowing it.

"Sorry, it just sounds like there's another reason why you moved"

"Did Grant say anything to you about it?"

"No, he didn't say a thing. Sorry, I'm an ass sometimes"

"It's alright" Dixie took another sip of her drink then placed it back down on the bar.

"Can I get you another?" the bartender asked.

"No, I'm fine"

Dixie cleared her throat then looked over at the stage. The band that was playing was really talented. They seemed to have that rock edge to them that made the crowd want more.

"This is a good band" said Bam.

"Yeah, they're cool"

"Listen, I'm having a fourth of july party at my house on Saturday. I was wondering if you would like to hang out"

Dixie was caught off guard by his offer. She barely knew the guy so why was he inviting her to his house on the fourth? Wouldn't you think he would want to hang out with his friends instead of a girl he barely knew? She looked over to see Grant winking at her. She mentally cursed him for leaving her alone with this Bam guy. She also noticed a lot of other girls staring at her with narrowed eyes. Maybe Bam had a girlfriend and these girls were her friends. She brushed it off her shoulders.

"Um, I really don't know what Grant and Val are planning"

"I'm sure they won't mind coming to my house either. Grant and Val usually do on the fourth. I have a big cook out, beer, the swimming pool will be opened, and we all go out into the field to do the fireworks. It'll be fun!"

Dixie thought that it would be fun to hang out with Bam. She needed to get her mind off Kris and if she would hear him right now he would probably tell her to go have fun and let Harlow experience fireworks for the first time. Dixie had no idea how Harlow would take to the fireworks they would probably be too loud for her. Then Dixie froze in her seat. How would Bam react when he found out Dixie had a six month old daughter? Oh well, it wasn't like her and Bam were an item. They would just be hanging out as friends that's all. Bam waited patiently for her answer.

"Sure, I'll come along. I hope you don't mind if I bring someone along" said Dixie.

Bam smiled softly. "No, the more the merrier!" he lied. For some reason he was hoping that she wasn't bringing along a guy.

"Great"

Dixie bit on her bottom lip--she couldn't believe that this guy was making her feel like this. It was way too soon to start having feelings for another guy. Her husband had just died for crying out loud, but there was just something about Bam that intrigued her. Maybe it was his tattoos or his I don't give a fuck attitude. Whatever it was, she wanted to get to know him a little bit more. This wouldn't be the last time she would be seeing Bam Margera