Status: Active

Don't Close Your Heart

First Sight

Image

"Someday everything will all make sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

-----------------------

Grant pulled to a stop in front of the crowded parking lot. Dixie glanced around at all the people who would be attending the show tonight. On the way to the club Grant had told her about the 104.5 New Music Show that would be the highlight of the night at The Note. Tons of upcoming bands would be there to perform. Grant cursed a few times at the drivers who just stopped in the middle of the aisle. He maneuvered around them and finally found a parking spot.

"Finally" he said as he shut off the engine.

"Grant, do I look alright?"

Dixie decied to wear white shorts, a nice red top, and black flipflops. She wanted to make herself look presentable when she asked for an application.

"Yes Dixie, you look fine. No one at the club is going to care what you look like"

Dixie knew that no one would care or possibly even notice her. She was just a plain girl with brown eyes, and blonde hair--nothing too extravagant. She grabbed her clutch purse and headed across the parking lot with Grant at her side. The two of them didn't even have to wait in line. Grant just walked up to the security guy and told him that he was meeting some guy named Bam. Dixie thought that name was odd but who was she to judge. Grant made sure that Dixie was behind him before he entered the club. She glanced around to see that it was a really nice looking place with a stage, a bar, tons of tables and booths to sit and eat as well as a huge crowd of people. Grant looked around for Bam and the others but couldn't find them anywhere. They probably weren't even here yet because it took bam about twenty mintues to get from his house to town.

"I have to go to the bathroom" Dixie told him.

"It's down that hallway" Grant pointed.

Dixie nodded at him and made her way through the groups of people. They all rudely didn't move for her so she just shoved her way through. She finally made it to the bathroom to be dissapointed since there was a large line of females waiting their turns. That's what she hated about public bathrooms--the lines.

Grant sank down at the bar and ordered himself a beer. He paid the bartender for the drink, and was about to take a sip when he felt someone grab his shoulders. He nearly jumped out of his chair. He quickly turned around to see Bam, Ryan, Novak, and Dico all laughing at him. Grant just rolled his eyes at his friends. He then stood up and gave Bam a hug along with the others.

"I see how it is. You only want to hang out with us when Bam's here" said Dico.

"Nah, I've just been busy with Shadow Valley" replied Grant.

Bam sat down and ordered himself a beer while the other guys did the same.

"Thanks" Bam told the bartender. "How is that coming along?"

"It's going good. Me and the guys already have three houses done"

"How many do you have to have in the addition?"

"Fifty-Five"

"Shit, I bet you're getting paid quit well"

"Yeah, I told Val when I get enough saved up I'll take her to Hawaii. She's always wanted to go see the Pearl Harbor Memorial so might as well do that while Violet is young. I can ship her to her grandma's for the week"

Bam just nodded.

"Enough about me, how have you been?" asked Grant.

"Fuck, you know how I've been--miserable. Missy is apparently getting married in six months but I could care fucking less. Let that dumbass deal with her shit from now on"

"She's done some interviews a few times Bam. Basically saying that you were starting to do heroin with Novak and you became a different person. That's why you both got a divorce" said Ryan.

Bam felt himself burn with fury. He could care less what people thought of him but the one thing he hated was when people said lies about him. Of course, he did smoke pot quite a lot when he was still married to Missy which was the only thing that made him deal with the bitch. She was hell to live with, she thought she could change Bam but boy was she wrong. Bam would never change for anyone. He was his own person and he was glad to be rid of Missy.

"I don't care Dunn. I know and Missy knows--even though she won't fess up--what caused us to get a divorce. She can say whatever she wants about me and people can think that too"

Grant smiled at his friend. He was so glad that the old Bam was back. He hated the new Bam that got drunk all the time, smoked, looked like hell, and just didn't have fun.

"Dunn, the next girl that comes out of the bathroom you have to get her number" said Dico.

"Deal" Dunn and Dico shook on it.

Grant and Bam just shook their heads. The two always did this when they were out and usually an old lady would walk out of the bathroom--which to Grant's surprise Dunn still went ahead and got her number. But this time, an old woman didn't come out of the bathroom. As the guys watched they saw a beautiful tan woman, with dark eyes, blonde hair, and short shorts walk out. Bam's mouth dropped at the sight of her. He never believed in love at first sight but there was a first time for everything. This woman looked like an angel and he sure as hell wasn't going to let Dunn have this chick. Besides, he had Angie.

Grant swallowed hard as he saw his sister in law make her way over to the bar. He knew the guys were already thinking dirty thoughts about her because of the way they were staring at her. He shook his head then smiled when she sat down next to him.

"The line was so long" she told Grant. She smiled at the bartender with a sweet innocent smile that sent Bam's heart into overdrive. "I was wondering if I could have a jack and coke and an application"

Bam blinked a few times. She wanted to work here at his bar? He of course would hire the woman, he just wondered how in the world Grant knew her. Was he having an affair with this woman or was this the girl that he overheard Valerie talking about on the phone?

"Sure" Anna the bartender glanced over at Bam. He nodded his head to let her know that giving this woman an application would be just fine. She handed the blond woman the app. then got her drink ready. Bam couldn't believe this fragile girl drank whisky.

"Grant, who's this?" Dunn asked while walking over and taking a seat next to Dixie.

She nervously smiled at him. "I'm Dixie, Grant's sister in law"

Bam once again swallowed hard. Not only was this woman beautiful, she was also Grant's sister in law.

"You never told us about her" Dunn said.

"Sorry, I haven't seen her in forever. She decided to move up here to live with us for a while" Grant didn't want to tell the guys too much about Dixie. If she wanted them to know about her past then she should be the one to tell them.

"I'm surprised that a girl like you can hold whiskey well" replied Novak.

"What can I say, I love Jack Daniels!" Dixie replied which made the guys laugh except for Bam who was still staring at her intensely. Dixie noticed the guy with messy brown hair, a goatee, and piercing blue eyes staring at her. At first she thought maybe he was a little....off but she had no idea that this man was Bam Margera the famous skateboarder and also had no clue that he was starting to have butterflies well up in his stomach because of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
:( Reading this over again makes me really miss Ryan. I've tried so hard to finish my ghost of you story that I had started after he died, but it's just too damn hard. One day I will finish it and post it on here!