Status: Active

Why So Serious

Something Has To Be Done

Bruce sat in his office going through his normal duty of paperwork. He hated it but knew that Nichole would refuse to do this type of work. So he never asked her for help. Alfred knocked on the door then came in.

“Sir, you have a call” said Alfred

Bruce looked up from his paperwork. He picked up the phone and said Hello?

“Bruce, this is James Gordon. Have you heard what has happened to my daughter?”

”No sir, I haven’t”

“She was kidnapped by the joker”

Bruce dropped the phone. He quickly ran down the hall into his secret room. He put the batman outfit on. He knew it he just knew it. He shouldn’t have told Nichole that he was batman. Now she is in danger with that sociopath lunatic. He quickly pulled the mask over his face.

“Bruce, last they saw she was at that club Memoirs”

“Thank you Alfred”

Bruce knew what club he was talking about. He and Nichole had been to that club several times when they were together. Bruce started up the bat mobile then took off at high speed down the road. He soon stopped in front of the club. There were police cars there everywhere. Bruce spotted James in a frantic furry. He stepped out of the car and headed towards him.

“Batman, I need your help”

Now he needs my help, Bruce thought.

“I know, your daughter has been kidnapped by the joker”

“Yes, this was the last place she was seen. The people in the club said that he came in with a gun and threatened to shoot everyone if they didn’t tell him the whereabouts of my daughter”

Bruce looked down at this man. God, how he hated him but this was Nichole’s life at stake. He brushed passed James and went into the club. He noticed that one man’s life was taken tonight. The investigators were huddled over the dead body getting evidence.

He found Nichole’s friend Kat and Robert sitting at the bar in shock. When he walked over to them Kat looked up at him.

“Hello Bruce” she said. "I know you're dirty little secret."

Bruce quickly covered her mouth. “Do not say another word about that." He warned. "So she told you?"

Kat nodded her head. Bruce let go of her and looked at them for answers. Robert and Kat both explained to him what had happened. He listened to their whole detailed story. Bruce had to find Nichole; he knew that in the hands of the joker she would be dead by the morning. Unless, the joker knew about him and Nichole and he’s using her to get Bruce. That way, Bruce would come to his hideout where the joker would attack him. Or, he is getting back at James Gordon.

“Thanks” he told Kat and Robert.

Bruce had to tell James what he thought. He found him talking to the news reporters. When they caught sight of the batman they ran over to him and asked him questions.

“Are you going to find Nichole Gordon?”

“What are your plans?”

“Do you know where the joker is hiding out?”

“Yes, I don’t have any, and no I don’t know where he is hiding” said Bruce.

He looked over at James Gordon who sighed loudly.

“I need to talk to you”

James Gordon faced him.

“Privately” Bruce instructed

“Come on”

Bruce followed James into the club. They found a spot in the corner that was unattended. James Gordon looked at him and ushered him to talk.

“Either the joker is trying to get to me or to you” Bruce began.

He nodded his head. “Yes, I figured that. The son of a bitch has been planning on taking over the city for years. If it falls in his hands everyone would be dead”

“Yes, something has to be done sir”

“Just get her back batman. That’s all I ask. Don’t worry about the joker I will take care of him. Please just make sure my baby is safe”

“I will do that”

When Bruce finally got out of the club he flew over the city trying to find any clues to where the joker might be staying. Nothing, not a sign or a clue pointed him in the right direction. Bruce gave up and decided to go back home. He didn’t know what to do. Bruce stared at himself in the mirror seeking answers. Anger filled his entire body. His fist soon met the glass and shattered to the floor.

“Sir, Nichole is strong. She is a fighter. I know for a fact she can handle herself”

Bruce turned to look at Alfred Pennyworth.

“Yes, but not against a sociopath”