Status: Active

Why So Serious

Hello Bruce Wayne

I heard the lock of the door click. My eyes shot open, this was it. I had to kill this man. I quickly grabbed the knife and jumped off the bed. The joker grabbed my hand as fast as I had jumped and threw it to the floor.

“Well, I see you are fast but not fast enough”

“You killed those people and that boy”
He smiled at me then laughed. “Killing is a part of my life and it will soon be yours”

I looked up at him. “What are you talking about?”
”I saw you practicing my demise earlier”

I looked around. The room was bugged.

“You have cameras in here?” I asked.

He smiled. “Indeed I do. Anywho, you are going to be my new accomplice”

“Over my dead body”

“Be careful what you say my dear! Cause I could have that arranged right now”

“No thanks and no I will not be your accomplice”

“He doesn’t love you Nichole”

“What?”

“The batman, he doesn’t love you. Do you know who Rachel is?”

”Yes, she’s a friend of mine and b-“I almost said Bruce but put in batman instead.

“Right, well she and batman have a little thing. Take a look”

The joker pointed over at a TV screen, soon it came on and I saw the joker killing a person in cold blood. I quickly looked away.

“No, watch this is the best part”

I turned my gaze back on the screen to find Rachel and Bruce dressed up as batman kissing in a dark alley. His phone rang and he answered said he was at work then hung up.

“Who was it?” asked Rachel.

“Nichole”

“Bruce, you haven’t told her about us yet?”

“Shhh, don’t say my name”

“Sorry”

“No, I haven’t told her. But I will break it off with her soon. I have to go I hear an alarm going off”

Soon the TV went back to black. I stood there in shock. So he was doing a little more that being batman, he was doing my friend Rachel. I was so angry I didn’t know what to say or do.

“So his name is Bruce?” he asked.

I looked at him and nodded.

“What’s his last name beautiful?”

I knew if I told the joker Bruce would be dead by morning but since he was batman and was toiling with my heart he deserved to get his ass kicked right now.

“Wayne” I said.

The joker bent down and kissed my cheek with a smile on his face. “Thank you doll! Now I can go and kill him”

“Don’t kill him” I said.

The joker looked over at me. “Why? Because you still have feelings for him?”

I nodded.

“Nichole, listen if batman loved you he would be here right now saving you. Where is he?”

He was right. Bruce would be here right now. Instead he is probably in bed with Rachel.

“Kill them both” I said.

“You’re beginning to be like me…a freak!”

I turned my gaze away from him. The joker stood up and left the room closing the door and locking it behind him. Oh shit. I was angry with Bruce but not angry enough for him and Rachel to both be killed. I let out a long sigh. Bruce was strong; he could fight the joker off. I hope.

Bruce still didn’t have any leads to where the joker was hiding. He feared for Nichole and his safety and every night he would get a call from Lt. James Gordon asking if the batman new where his daughter was. Bruce would tell him that he is still looking. The Lt. wasn’t happy about that comment, not at all. He said that if he didn’t find his daughter in the next few days there would be serious consequences. After hanging up the phone Bruce decided to go out as himself and not batman. He went to a restaurant that was only about ten miles from his mansion. His gaze fell on the brunette girl sitting at a table by herself. Bruce smiled to himself and went over to her.

“Bruce, I didn’t think you would come” said Rachel.

He sat down across from her.

“I had to see you” he lifted up her hand and kissed it.

She smiled at him then it faded away.

“I heard about Nichole. Why aren’t you out looking for her?”

“I have looked everywhere. I don’t know where he is hiding at Rachel”

“Bruce, do you love her?”

“You know that I care for her but my feelings for her have changed since I met you. Her father is doing all he can to get her back to safety”

Rachel nodded then stood up.

“Where are you going?”
”I have to go”

“Why, did I say something wrong?”

“Go find her Bruce”

And with that last statement Rachel walked out of the restaurant. She was right. I wasn’t doing nearly enough to find Nichole. I got up from the table and headed outside. Someone grabbed me and pushed me up against the wall.

“Hello Bruce Wayne”