Status: No bad comments please.

*** City

Chapter 3: Rotting

“Let’s.....go” Chris moaned grabbing my wrist. I nudged him as I ran over to the guy’s and hugged them all, “I’ll miss you and won't forget you” I said. “Love....you” they all replied. I smiled and blushed as I ran up to Chris. He put his arms around me and we walked outside. We found a car on the side of the road, it even had the keys in it. I got in the passenger seat and Chris was in the drivers seat, and we started to drive. We got to a small neighborhood about two hours later when we ran out of gas. We walked around until we found a small house. We opened the door and everything looked in place. I looked in the kitchen for food, hoping to find some I came across some little nicknacks, cameras, books. It was so cool, to see the things that were hear before the world “ended.” I found some food and I sat on at the table where Chris was sitting. “Do you remember any of these things?” I asked. He shook his head. “Yeah, it’s cool to see what was. Don’t get used to it, my dad thinks that if he kills so many of you and moves the wall out slowly we’ll all be ok” I said. “Do you know what it’s like to love?” I asked. He didn't say anything. “I’m going to bed” I said walking up stairs. I wasn't up there long until I got frighten, for the first time I got really scared, and wanted someone with me. I walked back down the stairs, “ Chris” I said as he look up from the nicknack. “I’m scared to be up hear alone, will you come up to?” I asked. He got up and followed me up the stairs. I crawled under the covers and he sat up on the bed. I feel asleep, and woke up to stuff clashing around downstairs. I jumped up and ran down the stairs and saw Chris trying to fight off some bonies. I grabbed an umbrella and started to swing it around hitting one in the neck, “Get.....car.....be.......out.............soon” Chris said as I took off out the door. I got into the car, but remembered there wasn't gas. I saw another car and the door was open, I went over to it and shut the door and looked around. There were keys under the seat. I started and drove over to the yard and waited. Chris came running out and god in, “Go.......now” he said. We started to go and it took about an hour to get the edge of town, I could see the wall. I could see Chris, he was breathing and blinking, and he wasn't as gray. “See you” he said. Talking in full sentences and words, they were changing. “Chris, your changing” I said. He shook his head like an excited puppy, “Changing, good” he said. “I’m going to get help, I’ll find you but if you don’t I love you” I said. “Love you to, Echo” he said.
I blushed and got out of the car. I took off running towards the wall, “It’s me!” I yelled to my dad friends at the gate. They saw me and opened the door, “Come quick” they yelled. I ran in and looked around. I took off to my house where I knew I would find my dad. I got to my huge house and looked around, “Dad” I yelled, my voice echoed. I walked around looking for my dad, “Echo”I heard. I turned to see my dad. I ran over and hugged him. “I thought I lost you just like your mother” He yelled. I moaned. “Dad, I’m fine. I’m going to go find Mist, and see if she wants to sleep over, I’m going to go find Frank to” I yelled running out the door. I ran down the street to where Mist lived and knocked on the door. “Hello?” her sister said opening the door. “Echo?” she said in confusion. I smirked and walked in, “Is Mist hear?” “In her room” she said. I walked up and knocked on the door, “What Spring” she yelled. The door opened and her mouth dropped. “No, I thought you were dead” she said hugging me. “No, I’m good. Can you sleep over tonight?” “Yeah, you have to tell me about the other world” she said. “I will come one” I said as we left her house. “Wait, I have to go find Frank” I said walking in the direction of his house. “Echo, no one told you?” “Told me what?” “Frank....Frank went out looking for you....zombies got him.” I Stood there staring at her, I couldn't believe it....maybe some zombies weren't the same as Chris and Devin. “I don’t know” I said. I walked to my house and she followed with me. We got to my room. “I don’t know about that. I was saved by zombies who thought they were protecting me. They didn't kill me, they were changing” I said. “Changing....maybe you ate to many moldy foods” Mist said. “No, they saved me. They are changing” I explained. I showed her a picture of them and they weren't gray, their eyes weren't discolored in the pictures and they weren't as icky looking. “This is them?” she said. I smiled “Yeah, I really started to like him” I said pointing to Chris. “Like Frank like?” “Yeah” I said. I heard a rock hit my window. I got up and walked over and looked. Chris was standing there, “Echo” he said. “Why are you hear?” I asked trying not to let Mist hear. “Miss you......Bonies coming.” “Bonies?” He shook his head. “Who are you talking to?” Mist yelled walking out. “No one” I said as Chris let out a moan. She walked to the side of the balcony and looked over, “That’s.....that’s him?” “Yeah, help me get up hear” I said.